Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Secret Garden

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    L

Rick resists the urge to shiver, almost, at Moira's proximity. He does turn to look directly at her, brow furrowed in thought. A motion that also happened to put a bit of distance between the two of them. You know, just enough so that Terri would be less likely to bristle if she were to see this. His mind, meanwhile, spinning down the paths of occult lore to see what he could remember of such effects. "That's...a very interesting idea. Let me think for a second..."

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-27 12:30:51 Rick Pereg rolls 12 to Int + Occ + 2(Mantle Bonuses) (10 Again, WillPower) 6, 6, 2, 3, 5, 1, 5, 10, 1, 8, 8, 3, 3 3 successes

Rick can't think of any Contracts that would cause such an effect. He knows that even the mysterious Contacts of Reflection do not quite produce the same effects that have been attributed to the Bogeyman. As he ponders what strange Goblin Oath or Token might be possessed by their quarry, the Dread Lord of Autumn realizes that he has left one variable out of the equation. Confining Moira within a mirror trap... pulling a myriad of identical reflections from a mirror to fight Nightfall, Spartan, and Marcus... tearing off Spartan's shadow and feasting upon it... these strange attacks were not accomplished by Oaths or Contracts... Rick realizes that they are in fact the Echoes of a fetch... an apparently old and powerful one.

S
    Spartan

Spartan takes the shawl and wraps it around his waste. "I shall try to keep it back." Spartan says and looks to the Fear King. "What is your opinion Rick. A Hollow within mirror?"

L

Pieces shifted, fell into place, until in the end just one inescapable conclusion was left. The thought that their quarry might be a fetch had crossed his mind, every now and again the suspicion even managed to take root firmly. But ultimately...he'd always found himself inclined to seek other explanations. That a fetch would seek to mirror the Changeling it had been formed from so closely had just seemed so unlikely. Though he now found himself wondering if he'd simply convinced himself it was unlikely simply because of how disturbing a concept he found it, given all that Skin 'n bones had done.

But then, very little of what came with being fae was ever comforting, it seemed.

"Not with the Contracts of Reflections, or even any Token or Goblin Contract I can think of. But...a fetch might be able to do it. And it seems that's what we're dealing with. The Fetch of the original Skin 'n Bones."

S
    Spartan

"His Fetch, that's different. But does not change my goals. I still want this thing dead, but we must track it down. Mirrors are the Key, but where do we find him. Its not like we can go through every fun house and store that sells mirrors in the hold." Spartan says aloud as he thinks to himself how much he would enjoy ripping this fetch limb from limb.

Moira and Betony Rue's eyes meet with looks of mingled surprise and comprehension.

Ah... that would make a great deal of sense. It would not be possible to find him if he is neither in the mundane world nor the Hedge, but somewhere betwixt and between.

Betony Rue turns her haggard face back toward her barely-clothed patient and flinches as she speaks.

"You were one of the last to see this thing. Were there any mirrors nearby into which it could have escaped?"

S
    Spartan

Fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-30 23:38:32 Spartan rolls 4 to Int2+Comp2 (10 Again) 7, 3, 5, 3 failure

"Beside the mirror we went through, I don't remember another. But we could go back the way we came and look for another."
    Spartan says knowing the safer way now. Or at least remembering that much. The Hoplite really needed to be more mindful of his surroundings.

L

Rick's mind continued to churn as he took listened to Spartan's words, half-formed thoughts and ideas chasing their way through his head. "Not every mirror, no. Even if there's no difficulty in using that power on as many mirrors as he wants I doubt he can make them all comfortable and secure. I doubt he can choose them all for the same reason I don't have Hollows scattered all across the Hedge. He has to focus his attentions, resources. We just need to figure out where he is."

There's only a brief pause before he speaks again. "When Marcus, Sam, and I entered the Hollow we came through the mirror. They knew it was a passage into the Hollow, they must've used it before. If they'd only been there once before and traveled through the hedge to get there...that mirror, it was how you got out the first time wasn't it?"

He turned to face Spartan more fully, already suspecting the answers that were to come. "And if any doorway in the house could've been used to get in and out the Hedge, why did you all choose that mirror?"

The Autumn Witch looks at the Summer King as if she would quite possibly be doing him a kindness if she were to extract his grey matter out through his nasal cavity with one of her knitting needles and then proceed to stuff his empty skull with the moldering pile of organic refuse they use in the garden for compost.

S
    Spartan

"When we went back to the house we entered through a hedge gate under a bridge. As far as any door in the house, We used the Mirror because we knew it worked and wear it went." Spartan said looking between the group feeling like he missed something.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread