Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Watching the Setting Sun

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Enzo.

Alex felt his anger smolder.
    What was he doing? Why challenge the Freehold?

Why not?

A sad thought. Nothing grows without struggle. The Freehold is complacent.
    Soft.

Weak.

Yet Katrin seemed serious. Her Court was now opperating at half speed.
    For how long have they watched? How long had they sat back along the borders?

Was this a test? Or a game? A trap?
    Enzo serves as too perfect a bait.

It is all to convenient.

With a grunt Alex pauses to check his reflection in a shop window.
    His Mask held, but his shadow was a different story. He would have to keep out of the light.

Alex searches the area Kartin emphasized looking for the markings of a court or freehold, of a sanctuay built by fae for fae. To find them here outside the Freehold borders would be suspicious. So Alex does his best to hide his nature. A simple man walking about. If Enzo was dumb enough to set up a rival camp, then he might be daring enough to stake a sign out to attract attention.

Alex also keeps an eye out for gang thugs. Katrin claimed Enzo was pulling them together beneath him, or that he was involved some how. The gang members might serve as another clue.

This scene is going to remain Open for other players to join if they wish and aren't occupied in Non-Stickies or Once Upon a Time 'til Monday. You just need a reason for being in a shifty area of town

Across the West Side Freeway lies a Sacramento distinct from the Capitol area only a few miles away. The shop windows aren't the pretty, open glass of its neighbor, but bulletproofed and covered in grime. Graffiti on the buildings is the rule, not the exception, and the streets are covered in broken glass and cigarette butts. The homeless don't spend their days here unless chased here by the police, as none of the the working poor has handouts or even pity for them. Even so, it smells like they've come nightly to use the place as a toilet.

On this crisp autumn day, with the sun shining softly through the grey clouds above, the strip looks nearly deserted by the thugs, addicts, prostitutes, malcontents, and dice-rollers that congregate here by night. The few shop-owners, customers, and delivery people get about their business swiftly. Not a single patrol car has gone by during Rust's jaunt, either. As Rust passes by a pawn shop, he sees a pair of young toughs on the corner up ahead, both wearing gold bandanas and jeans so baggy its a wonder they aren't around their owner's ankles. One discreetly beckons Rust to them with a wave and a faint smile.

Rust, please roll Wits + Streetwise

p
    pdboddy

By day, Brandon is a bicycle courier, and has to follow the most efficient routes and worry about rush hour traffic and cranky drivers.

But after work Brandon can truly open up and just ride. It lets him relax after a long day, and he also tries to explore a new bit of the city each night. With Autumn having arrived, and Winter waiting in the wings, he tries to get as much cycling in as possible.

Tonight he finds himself in a rough neighborhood, though it's not like his is that much nicer.

At least the graffiti adds color to the greys and browns.

Rounding a corner, Brandon sees a pawn shop. Maybe I can stop and get a few cds, cheap.

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-01 01:16:50 Rust rolls 5 to WIT+Street (10 Again) 3, 10, 2, 4, 4, 2 1 success

Rust gets the idea the nice young men are under the impression that the man walking around their streets, staring at himself in windows, must be a customer of the effective, if not unique, pharmaceuticals they purvey here. But when they see a second white boy on a bike, one touches the other on the shoulder and they start walking briskly away. Cuz one whiteboy in the hood is a crackhead; two is police.

The door of the pawn shop opens and the man exiting stops dead in his tracks, staring at Rust and Brandon. "Aw, shit. I was hoping it was just that Chinese take-away disagreeing with me." The dark-skinned, young bald man shakes his head. "Shoulda known it was you freaks. What do you want, cabron? You followin' me now? I ain't done nothin'. Stayin away from all your weird shit," he says, crossing himself.

Rust remembers the man...his name is Jorge. The lion kicked his door in a while back.

p
    pdboddy

Brandon blinks at the man walking out of the pawn shop, looking from him to Rust and back again? He comes to a full stop, dismounting from his bicycle.

"Pardon me?", he says, "You must be mistaking me for someone else. I've never met you before." He raises a hand to rub at his cheek, as if thinking about it more. Brandon looks to Rust and simply shrugs.

PRE

Seeing the Beast give Rust pause. Was he spotted already? One of Enzo's enforcers?

The sellers skip off quickly and Rust puts it together. Thanks goodness for strays.
    Spring is just determined to get int he middle of everything.
    "I think he was speaking to me kid." Rust doesn't smile, but his tone is warm.

"Jorge. The Wyrd makes for a small world. I wasn't looking for you. Just Trouble in general. Funny your right in the middle of it. What have you seen recently that might distract me from this delightful shop front?" Rust plants his feet as if to suggest he is not leaving without an answer. But he tries to smooth his agitation and personify grace, this is not a shake down.

"I'm talkin' to both of you weirdos," Jorge says calmly and starts walking in the direction of the two street prescriptionists. "Leave me alone, pendejos. I don't want your kind of..." The young man stops reprimanding them as he sees a car coming up the road ahead, towards them, but slowing as it comes up on the two dealers... "SHIT!" He quickly turns around and steps back into the door of the pawn shop. Out of guilt, or mercy, who knows which, he holds it open as he steps inside. "VAMOS, COME ON, MAN, GET INSIDE NOW! THEY'LL-"

Brandon and Rust don't get to hear what 'they'll' do because the bullets are much louder. It all happens in a second- the dealers in gold see the car coming and pull their guns, but they're too slow, so, so slow...the guns sticking out the window of the vehicle buck and scream as their bullets are discharged...the two men look like they take a dozen shots each, nearly perforating their torsos in half, their lives falling carelessly across the sidewalk and brick facades like rain, and it's over so fast...

But its not over. The car is still coming in their direction. Jorge looks panicked but continues to hold the door open for the Lost for the moment, despite the protests roared by the pawn shop's owner.

ST Notes Please Read

PRE

With a firm guiding hand Rust compels his new Spring buddy toward the door, following behind the Beast without further hesitation. Pulling the younger fae along if need be.

Only a fool thinks he is bullet proof. Now is not the time to prove anyone right.
    Once inside Rust heads for the floor. "Get down!" he yells as if it were not obvious. With Spring you never know.

p
    pdboddy

Brandon begins to protest, "I'm not weird..", but the sound of gunfire puts an end to that. He hefts his bike onto his shoulder and runs, letting Rust guide him inside. "No, really?!" he yells back at Rust as he throws himself and bicycle to the floor.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread