1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Walking the Edge

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Jeremiah walks through the Sworn's turf, now his. It feels wrong, on so many levels. The emotion disturbs Jeremiah as he walks, things were not supposed to go like this. Not at all, a pack stays together. Pulling out his phone he sends a text to Raul. Where Jeremiah will be soon enough and if he'd like to join him.

After the message is sent Jeremiah continues to walk the turf. Quickly moving along as he does watching as he goes. A hand hanging loosely by his side, right over the hunting knife that had shown up recently in a conveniently addressed package.

Griffin

G
    Griffin

"Que esta mierda?" Raul said as he wrinkled his nose. He wiped his hands on a rag as he turned to his laptop, looking to see what was on the screen. "Pesado? How did they get in this playlist?"

Thumb down.

Maná came on next. "Mejor."

He turned back to his project, a small headlight from an old bike he was resetting to use LEDs and a battery. He was getting far too fancy, he realized, but it was a different sort of project than his regular motorcycle work and fun for a change.

He had searched for an apartment with one eye on the physical and one on the spiritual as he had driven through the local neighborhoods, and had finally found an apartment complex which had some pleasant appearing spirits floating around. It was a bit higher priced than the other apartment complexes, but he figured he could swing it if he could get some work. And most of the other complexes had far too many nasty spirits visible. He didn't want to have to watch his back even at home.

He hadn't found a job yet, but having helped a neighbor with his van had gotten him dinner last night. It was a good enough start he guessed.

A couple seconds later and his phone buzzed with an incoming text. Jeremiah.

A quick shiver of excitement and nervousness washed over him. A territory. A pack. An alpha. Something deep inside had latched onto those feelings, binding him to something he hadn't really realized he was missing.

He sent back a quick text. "Five minutes."

He swept the project into a smaller area and stood up. He wasn't sure quite what to expect, so he grabbed his casual brown leather jacket, his 18" steel pipe which hung down the inside of the back of his jacket, and his knife which he stuffed into his jacket's pocket.

A minute later saw him on his bike, and soon he pulling into a parking spot near where Jeremiah's text had mentioned.

And, there was Jeremiah.

G
    Griffin

"Hola boss man, qué pasa?"

Raul thought Jeremiah was looking pretty serious.

"Sometin' going down?"

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

A small smile shows itself as Raul approaches. "Just patrolling around, I haven't walked it since Vinny." Jeremiah continues to walk as he talks. "Nothing so far, but with the others gone I would not be surprised if something tried to get uppity."

G
    Griffin

A flicker of concern crosses Raul's face as he matches pace with Jeremiah.

"Luchar?" He glances around a bit more carefully, looking for any subtle signs that might be evidence in the physical of spirits getting out of control on the other side. "Do you have to fight the spirits usually to get them to stop, or is most of the trouble around here just spirits being ... uppity?"

The word isn't one Raul knows, but he guesses it isn't as serious as crazily rampaging spirits from the way Jeremiah said it.

He had been in a couple small fights with spirits, but they hadn't been much worse than high school brawls. Well, maybe inner city LA high school gang brawls. Still, he hadn't faced any nastily aggressive powerful spirits. He had heard a couple horror stories, but for the most part he had been lucky, he guessed.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

"Hmm... The Hisil here is still growing. There was some rather insane stuff going on when I first showed up. The Hisil was dead. So no, the spirits have not been a problem yet but I would rather not let them." Jeremiah glances at Raul as he walks, wondering about the pause in his talking.

"O.. uppity is... well when someone tries to push their way to the top or take over." He smiles. "I am actually not sure where I heard that word first."

G
    Griffin

Raul nods to the explanation.

"Maybe it will be easier to guard the regrowth of spirits from the beginning?" He looked again, peering about, to see if there was any evidence of a newly-growing Hisil.

"Do you try taking care of things on the physical side as well as the spirit? I know that both side of the Gauntlet influence each other. A crack house can attract some nasty spirits, as well as dark spirits attracting decay in the physical."

Raul gives up trying to get clues as to the state of the Hisil strictly from this side of the Gauntlet and shifts his vision to see on the other side as well. After a moment the other side comes into focus and he carefully peers about, working to keep his balance between the physical view and the Hisil's view.

Activates Two World Eyes - 1 success

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

"That would make sense and allow us to at least attempt to control what develops." Jeremiah looks around wondering what would need to be changed and how to do it.

"Nothing too extensive as far as I know of the physical side. Though I would not be surprised if Gwen had some deals going on." Seeing his fellow Ithaeur's dissimilar eyes Jeremiah keeps both of his on the physical.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

"O right, the others." Jeremiah pulls out his phone and sends a quick text to Maria and Kevin letting them know where Jeremiah and Raul are. He looks at Raul as he puts the phone away, wondering what the other Crescent moon is seeing on the other side.
    Penguin RockBane

G
    Griffin

Walking. Avoiding tripping. Examining the Hisil from one eye, the physical world from the other. Raul's steps slowed as his attention was split on a world that suddenly had two wildly different parts.

The Hisil seemed to be sparse as he had noticed while looking for an apartment. Jeremiah's explanation about how it had been emptied at one point explained some of that. This area had a washed out feel, the spirits not as dense as in other cities, and the spirits that did flow along with cars and people had a thin feeling. Other than that, though, nothing seemed particularly out of place. A fair number of the people walking around had spirits, some more ugly looking than others, but nothing dramatic.

Raul pulled his eyes back into focus on the physical side after a minute.

"Empty here, not all empty, just ... escado, only a few." He shook his head, "You no kidding about the Hisil here being wiped out before."

"Nothing dangerous I could see, but maybe a strong spirit could expand here quickly."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last