Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
To Decipher & Decode (Open)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

The Four Seasons seems to have gotten busy this late afternoon with many mortals either checking in or eating within the hotel's main restaurant, Fresh Tastes. In fact, it appears that both Mr. Bates and Mrs. Rosemary are rushed off their feet due to their roles. It also means that any changelings wishing to do business here today may have to be somewhat discreet. As ever, the mortal receptionist, Stephen, stands diligently as guests enter, while Sam the ensorcelled bartender is where he should be; looking grumpy behind the bar.

K
    Kazakin

Rook was at his usual seat at the piano, and his fingers traced across the keys in a slow, traditional waltz. He felt disjointed- the music wasn't flowing perfectly, and it occurred to him that he could have played a whole lot better if he'd been feeling himself, which he wasn't. His gaze kept flickering up to the bar, and he wondered, not for the first time that day, if he'd play better with a slug of whatever booze he ordered squirming inside his guts.

Probably not.

Still, it was an acceptable performance. It just wasn't as good as he could normally pull off, and that bothered him. Everything seemed a little less bright these days, as if he were watching the world through a poorly filtered lens.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-30 13:23:59 Rook rolls 7 to Dexterity + Expression + Spec 5, 1, 1, 5, 2, 8, 7 1 success

I thought depression was supposed to come after anger.

As Rook's music drifted through the restaurant and into the lobby, Katie the Fairest entered the hotel. She looked around before spotting the Elemental and gave him a friendly wave before heading to the bar. It seemed she had a satchel hanging over her shoulder and as she settled down on a stool, the Flowering redhead removed a thick book from the satchel. When Sam came over to serve her, she ordered a Pepsi (much to the bartender's annoyance) before opening the book and flicking through the pages.

T
    TeethLikeCandy

Stepping into the hotel Anthony Ortega kept his head down, trying his best not to draw attention the attention of the hotel staff and guests. He had left his bag hidden outside in a garbage bag in the alley across the street when he had seen the fairest walk into the hotel, but even without the worn out old sack of his belonging strapped to his back you still couldn't say Anthony exactly fit in with his travel cloths on (worn out holey jeans, paint speckle work boots, and an almost clean t-shirt underneath a thin olive cotton jacket). Not the cloths he would have preferred for blending in at the four seasons but he didn't exactly have much of a choice in the matter.

Entering the hotel bar the Darkling paused to look around the room. It was fairly early but lucky him their were two changelings already here, the one he had seen from his position across the street and another seated at the piano. Hell he should have come here first instead of doing all that walking around.

Moving to the bar Anthony reaches for his back pocket for his wallet, inspecting it contents as he reaches the bar top. Just enough for one drink, then he was tapped. Shrugging Anthony plucks out the wrinkled bills and slides them across to the bartender, "One Moscow Mule, heavy on the vodka if you please. Oh and if you could bring it and my change over to that table over there that would be great", he says pointing to the table the fairest was sitting at.

Stepping from the bar Anthony moves to the table, stopping next to it and smiling politely to the woman. "Would you mind if i sat here?"

K
    Kazakin

Rook caugh Katie's eye as she walked in and waved. He gave a half-hearted smile, that lacked it's usual amicable nature. It seemed almost mechanical and dissociated, as if it were a movement he'd forgotten how to make properly. But he shook himself, and finished his piece, then headed over to the bar. It was about time for his break, anyway. Then the new Changeling entered, and the Elemental figured he could do worse than to introduce himself.

"Katie, hey. Just the woman I was hoping to talk to soon,"
    the Metalflesh said, forcing himself to sound as if nothing was wrong. He could at least keep his composure. "Who's your friend?"

Popular girl. The Fairest are lucky in that regard, I suppose.

Katie|Fairest|Flowering/Flamesiren|Presence 3 (Beguiling)|SL 2 (Cute Redhead)

Katie was struggling with the numbers and writing, tracing her finger along each line of the ledger, trying to desperately unlock the cipher that hid whatever the book was hiding. As Anthony spoke, Katie looked up, a little off-guard before regaining her composure as only a Fairest could.

"Of course not," she smiled, gesturing to the seat, moving her belongings aside so he could use some of the table also, closing the ledger. When Rook also joined them, Katie smiled just a bit more. "Hey, Rook, glad you're here too," she said but didn't add anything else. For starters, she didn't know who the Darkling was either and waited for him to introduce himself first.

Over by the bar, Sam was muttering to himself exceedingly quietly, something about shoving a heavy vodka in someone's face. Mrs. Rosemary, very close by, seemed to flick his ear as she passed with just enough force to shut the bartender's grumbles.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Sorry... I could've sworn I hit post last night...

Xerxia notes the larger portion of plain old humans or possibly (but not likely) Masked Changelings around today, and then goes to sit down at the bar next to Katie. "Hey guys, how's it going?" she asks casually. When Sam makes his rounds again, the Fairest asks nicely for a cold Guinness.

T
    TeethLikeCandy

Before Anthony could get in a word edgewise to introduce himself it seemed like whatever rock the changelings of Sacramento had been hiding over was tipped over as one after another approached the table.

Wow, really should have come here first. I wasted a full two days just walking the streets.

Pulling out the chair Anthony takes a seat at the table across from the fairest, nodding his head and giving a quick,"Thanks". Waiting for his drink the darkling leans back comfortably in his chair and folds his leathery wings in close to his body as he looks over the others at the table. Extending his hand out to the pianist Anthony introduces himself, "Ortega, a pleasure to meet you. nice job on the piano".

K
    Kazakin

Hell, it's busy in here. Still, at least this place is friendly to our kind. Does make introductions awkward though, if we don't want to be overheard. Might be a good idea to get somewhere a bit more private."Thanks," Rook replied, not giving his name. He didn't particularly want to go into a twitching, uncomfortable tick as he tried to not say 'Rook' in front of a bunch of people who might ask questions. "Pleasure to meet you too. Hey, Xerxia." The Metalflesh looked at the ledger Katie was working on.

"What's this?"

"Hey," Katie replies as Xerxia seemed to spring out of nowhere before turning to Anthony. "I'm Katie, nice to meet you." When Rook mentioned the book, she looked around and noticed that the restaurant was still busy. She lowered her voice, leaning forward. "Its a ledger I picked up from the restaurant, like an accountant's, you know? But I'm finding it hard to break the code hat will explain what all the numbers mean."

Sam the bartender heads over to the table, passing Ortega his drink before giving Xerxia her Guiness. He then trudged back to the bar. "Well done, Sam," Mrs. Rosemary congratulated like he was a child who had taken his first steps, and for once, the mortal smiled honestly. It was hard not to around Mrs. Rosemary.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread