Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The walk home (open)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    x
    xohgr

It is a cool autumn night, a slight breeze blows through the air,stirring the dead leaves off the trees, the street is dark, lit only by the dim illumination of the old street lamps.
    Gideon walks down a cobble stone sidewalk a remnant of the old city left for those with a more nostalgic heart. His heavy foot falls echoing down the empty street.
    The feel of emptiness permeates the area, and night shadows darken his surroundings, the feel of things unseen creaps up Gideon's spine.
    Gideon stops walking and mutters in an arcane tongue, too quiet to hear from any distance, his hands moving in a practiced way. He peers into the shadows waiting to see what comes out.
    The electric invisible

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Walking down the street, he saw a bald guy, the crackle of magic about him. Rose looks around, but sees no one else in sight. Great, he picked the road with the ambusher in it. Right after his car broke down. Guess the bad luck didn't stay behind in Cupertino.
    Rose continues walking, the bag over his shoulder, his briefcase in the same hand, and two bags of groceries in the other. Some celery, a loaf of bread, a sweating quart of milk and several cans of something bulge or stick out from the top.

Can I get any more a target. No, wait. I can jump around and say 'hit here!'

He stares at the guy...he looks familiar. Maybe this wasn't an ambush. Maybe.
    "Evening." He calls down the street to the guy.
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

x
    xohgr

A momentary look of shock passes over the bald man's face, replaced quickly by an easy smile."well, good evening to you" the bald man said in a jovial tone. "it is a great time to be out and about, not too many people .. awake." There is a slight hesitation before the last word, and the bald man looks suggestively about the empty street. "I always found the world to be a mysterious and wonderful pace, at night.“ abruptly the bald man changes topic by saying "you seem to have your hands full, can I assist you? Maybe call you a cab?" after speaking the man makes no overt movements and lightly rests his empty hands on his duty belt.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"no no, I need the exercise." Rose waves the man off. "Rose Hearst, I'd shake your hand but.. I think I saw you at the bookstore the other day. Whats a fine bookman like yourself doing out here this late at night?"

x
    xohgr

The man nods at the mention of the bookstore. "Interesting patronage at that place." The man says "you can call me Gideon, if you want." a slight smile twists the corner of Gideon's mouth. "My job keeps me up most nights, and since I was awake anyway, I thought I should get some air." Gideon starts rocking on his heels, "I am new in town and trying to get the lay of the land... Maybe meet some like minded people?" Gideons eyebrow raises questioningly.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Quite true." Rose adjusted his course. Like hell he was going anywher near home with this guy around. Maybe a motel tonight. Bless credit. "I understand that, my job has odd hours. Perhaps, what is your mind like, if you want to meet like minded people." Exit to the left, short alley and dumpster. No exit to the right, alley is blind.

x
    xohgr

"Good question!" Gideon pauses and his eyes glaze, giving the impression he is searching inside himself. Slowly the answers come, as if he is unused to giving them voice, "I am fascinated with things ancient, I enjoy delving into exotic mysteries, I peruse forgotten lore and seek out crumbled ruins.
    I read KEEP OUT as WELCOME and CLASSIFIED as READ ME, I have never seen a lock without wanting to open it.
    Gideon comes back to himself and a wry grin spreads across his face. I am a trouble maker...but this is a little deep for a chance meeting in an empty street. Gideon's voice is friendly and the grin doesn't leave his face.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Damn mystagogues. Don't know when to not kick over the cosmic horrors.
    "Indeed. I generally am more of a trouble fixer." Rose smiles at Gideon, a predatory smile. I deal with guys like you day in day out. "But, we both do seem to be involved in trouble." Rose ruminates, as he continues his walk.

x
    xohgr

"you sound like a good guy to have around, but then again, so am I." Gideon grins, confidence permeates his voice, Gideon's eyes follow Rose Hearst as he walks past, he makes no attempt to bar Rose Hearst's path.

O
    Ophidimancer

It watched as its prey exited the vehicle. The sabotage had done its work and disabled the old beater. People were so dependent on their technology and that dependence did not leave them, even if they opened their eyes to the Supernal Mysteries. It followed the lone mage, preparing to strike, but then it sensed another presence with an aura of power. Another one! It paused and considered. It was not yet strong enough to overpower two of them, so it turned and crept off into the darkness.

Both of you please make Wits + Composure rolls. Gideon at a -2, Rose Hearst at a -3. It's dark, but Gideon is on the lookout.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.