Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
Late Morning Mysterium Meeting

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 12 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last

Wendel sits calmly, surveying the scene unfolding around him with passive indifference. He is relatively unconcerned with the fate of the newcomer as he did not know him nor would he have been able to help him if he was concerned. He did take some interest in the book that seemed so vitally important to have been shot over, but if it was of such importance it was most likely in the High Speech language that Wendel had yet been able to learn. He would have to make it a priority to acquire a teacher in that respect though he wasn't about to now. Perhaps when things calmed down a bit he would voice his concern.

But since everyone was getting to their feet anyways, Wendel took the opportunity to grab some goodies at the snack table.

L
    LoneRanger

The man in grey looks at the Curator, defers to him with a nod and after the situation has calmed out, while closing his fist:"Excuse me, my good Curator. I am pleased to meet you, even if circumstances are what they are. A person was dying at the gate of your work office... I just thought to inform you of what was going on. We may digress over the method of arrival to the gates of the Museum, but it is beyond my scope; perhaps your co workers are informed about what to do in these case, but I would like to point, in a respectful manner, you iussued the command to this excellent woman about calling the ambulance.". This said, he takes a seat. "Excuse me, I 've travelled from the Ole World, so I still feel the jet lag. mind you if I take a seat?"

Noctina would listen to the chastisement from Jack but it pretty much washed over her, she knew wasn’t doing the most polite thing, she still enjoyed that little bit of self aggrandizing. Although while it might be rude to point someone out like that, listening in on a conversation was also rude and a potential security risk so she didn’t feel bad at all. Then the train hit, they didn’t have an athenaeum, at least not one that was known.

Noctina would but into the conversation between Demise an Aenigma.
    “No good Mystagogue would leave an Athenaeum unguarded... What point does the Mysterium have here anyway if there is not a place to store the lore they collect. I can use my space magic to see if I can find any ward around the places but if one wasn’t mentioned I suspect there isn’t one... Although if Tyria didn’t trust anyone with the Athenaeum; maybe she would have squirreled it away so no one had access to it. And yes, it is a curators job...” Noctina said, rather annoyed at the lack of anything in this god forsaken town of doom. She was wondering if there was a contact number for Tyria so she could have a word with the woman.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

PRE

I didn't have time to add this in my previous post, but Miach, if you're doing mundane emergency care, it is an Extended Action (1 turn per roll) with a target number of 6 successes in this case to heal one lethal wound.

Gina nods at Jack, picking up the phone and dialing the emergency services. The early-bird museum-goers stand away from the doors and the bleeding man on the floor a safe distance. The security guards, seeing that these people already have the man's health taken care of now, assure the customers that everything will be alright.

PRE

The Acanthus takes the tome from the bleeding man per his request, checking it for any blood in case the police might want to claim it as evidence. Against his hopes, he finds most of the back has been splotched because of what Nicodemus had done to contain the bleeding of his stomach.

He turns to the man in grey. "Please, call me Jack. And I did that because it would seem irresponsible as the Curator to not do so with so many Sleeper witnesses to the amount of blood that had spilled, let alone the sound outside," the Curator explains. "Can you remove the blood from this?"

Miach

PRE

OOC

Even though he had ben able to take care of the main bulk of the injury at once, Miach had to spend some more time to find the finer arteries and keep them from aggravating the wound. Still, if his practice in the african field had taught him anything, it was to be thorough right from the start, and he took those extra few seconds that made the difference to secure the tissues, check for the bullet or piece thereof that might infect the wound, and quickly scan for a few other things (dirt, nearby organs, cloth tissue, etc.). Once satisfied with his patient's current condition, he lifted his head, and focused back on his surroundings.

There was the Curator next to him, and he quickly debriefed to the man in charge.
    He got shot once in the belly. He was lucky though, the bullet didn't hit anything life-threatening. It looks much worse than it is, even though it hurts like hell. I'll go with him to the ER, to see it through. I'll keep you posted. Got a card, or something ?

What was his name, already ? O'Falley, wasn't it ? And now Jack... guess I learned his name without having to ask anyone...

L
    LoneRanger

The man in grey, after taking a seat, and after hearing the curator, he nods wearily"Understood; it happens, sir". Waving the right hand as to chase away a fly, he puts the right one on the temple, tapping his fingers on it. He opens the suitcase, with calm movements and gets some glasses, wearing them; then he picks up some gloves, in the meanwhile saying "Aye aye, my sir". he then goes to the bathroom and takes up a roll of paper, absorbing paper. Then, putting the paper on the front desk opening it, "excuse me Gina, would you give me some space, some hydrogen peroxide, it is in the green box with the red cross to be used on small wounds, yes; that one and a paper basket with a sack inside it?" he goes back to his superior, wearing his gloves. "Could you give me the book, sir?" After receiving the bloodied book, he puts it in the paper, and he starts to clean it up. "Blood is basically water, plus several other fatty components." After most of the blood is removed, he goes back in the bath, bringing cold water and putting some H2O2 . After preparing the solution, with the remaining paper, he cleans the outer part out. The system works finely but there are some blood stains spilled from the covers to the pages. "Nice. But to complete the work, I'd need a lab." He moves toward the Curator. "My good sir, the wounded mentioned wards. I'd play safe. In my opinion, a lab would allow me to complete the process of drying without much ado and disturb the normal process of the people coming and going ." he says with a digressing tone, looking at Miach as per confirming what he said. After saying so he waits from inputs, so he can scrutinise the book.
    rolls:

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-20 15:38:32 Scruitny of the book rolls 6 to Int(4)+Occ(2) (10 Again) 2, 1, 5, 4, 8, 3 1 success
    [spoiler] what would the appropriate roll for Miach supporting my observation on blood? Subterfuge + Manipulation?[/spoiler]

L
    LoneRanger

The man in grey, after taking a seat, and after hearing the curator, he nods wearily"Understood; it happens, sir". Waving the right hand as to chase away a fly, he puts the right one on the temple, tapping his fingers on it. He opens the suitcase, with calm movements and gets some glasses, wearing them; then he picks up some gloves, in the meanwhile saying "Aye aye, my sir". he then goes to the bathroom and takes up a roll of paper, absorbing paper. Then, putting the paper on the front desk opening it, "excuse me Gina, would you give me some space, some hydrogen peroxide, it is in the green box with the red cross to be used on small wounds, yes; that one and a paper basket with a sack inside it?" he goes back to his superior, wearing his gloves. "Could you give me the book, sir?" After receiving the bloodied book, he puts it in the paper, and he starts to clean it up. "Blood is basically water, plus several other fatty components." After most of the blood is removed, he goes back in the bath, bringing cold water and putting some H2O2 . After preparing the solution, with the remaining paper, he cleans the outer part out. The system works finely but there are some blood stains spilled from the covers to the pages. "Nice. But to complete the work, I'd need a lab." He moves toward the Curator. "My good sir, the wounded mentioned wards. I'd play safe. In my opinion, a lab would allow me to complete the process of drying without much ado and disturb the normal process of the people coming and going ." he says with a digressing tone, looking at Miach as per confirming what he said. After saying so he waits from inputs, so he can scrutinise the book.
    rolls:

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-20 15:38:32 Scruitny of the book rolls 6 to Int(4)+Occ(2) (10 Again) 2, 1, 5, 4, 8, 3 1 success
    [spoiler] what would the appropriate roll for Miach supporting my observation on blood? Subterfuge + Manipulation?[/spoiler]

PRE

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-22 00:25:21 Jack Falley rolls 5 to peroxide? (Int4 + Sci1) (10 Again) 5, 4, 6, 6, 4 failure

Jack is hesitant to even give the book, regardless of his lack of off the cuff knowledge about hydrogen peroxide. In the end, he still shakes his head as the grey man reaches out in wait for the tome. "I was thinking of a less evidence-leaving method... If you can't, that's fine, but I don't feel comfortable trying to erase evidence if it will just leave other evidence behind..." he explains. "By the way, what's your name?"

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nodded in agreement with Noctina's words.

"You are right. If there's any chance that an Athenaeum was left behind, it is probably well-hidden and heavily protected." He paused for a moment as he pondered on a few ideas. "Your knowledge of the Space arcanum will definitely come in rather handy if we decide to go look for one. It also wouldn't hurt if we have at least an Initiate of the Time arcanum as well to help in the search."

The Mastigos looked around the room at the Mystagogues that had stayed behind, hoping that one would speak up about helping.

I hope things are going smoothly for Jack downstairs. Hopefully they won't take much longer.

Aenigma sat quietly and closed his eyes. He made some hand gestures and muttered a few words in High Speech, while he waited for the others to return. Hoping that his spell would give him a quick mental layout of the museum's grounds.

4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-22 09:41:57 Aenigma rolls 12 to Intelligence + Occult + Rote Spec + Space + HS to cast "Spatial Map" (10 Again) 4, 8, 5, 8, 1, 3, 3, 6, 7, 2, 8, 10, 2 4 successes

Page 6 of 12 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
Closed Thread