Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Late Morning Mysterium Meeting

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

"Ah," says Wendel blankly, and scurries past the desk before stopping to turn around and add, "Thanks." Finding the stairs from where he was, the socially awkward mage made his way, keeping his eyes peeled for any large doors or doorways that would indicate a large conference room. As he entered he looked about at the cornucopia of refreshments. Quite the display. And amid them were mingling men and women.

He tried to look casual, not like he was sneaking around, but wasn't quite sure if he should be there or not. He had intended to discover more about the mage society and what was meant to be his part in it. Since no one in particular had invited him to this he was incredibly curious about its purpose. Even if all he could do was listen in he might learn something more. He kept to the further end of the tables, taking a bottled water and opening his mage sight. The dark matter resonated, picking up on the magical activity in the room.

Demise
    Morgan Lefet
    Demise
    Demise

Wyrd 1, Striking looks 2
    Rachel "Demise" Evans

Gnosis 1,
    Maria Badillo

Primal urge 1 , Feet of mist
    Susan Vera

Blood potency 1, Aspect of the Predator

As Demise is about to greet the newcomer she hears Aenigma mention the 'misunderstanding' her eyes go a little wide as she has trouble imagining someone pointing a gun at someone over a simple misunderstanding. Still she keeps quiet on the issue as she focuses on the newcomer.

"Hello! I'm Demise" She says to Jack O. Falley in a cheerful voice.
    Rachel "Demise" Evans: Moros/Mysterium -- Mysterium status *, Presence 2 (Small), Mana 6/10, Wp 5/6, Active Spell: Supernal vision, Grim Sight

PRE

Jack immediately wishes he'd gone with the more authoritative introduction he had in mind as he gets swarmed by the neokoroi he had yet to meet. After this thought, he calls to the winds through his will to aid him with making sense of things for a while. He tries to answer each of them in turn as best he can, but first he says to everyone, "Please forgive me if it takes me a while to learn your names... I usually have a tough time putting all three components (the face, the sound, and the writing) together.

"Miach... Nice to meet you, too.

"He did what?" Mental note: keep an eye on him.
    The Acanthus then chuckles a little before continuing, "I've been adjusting alright, though today will be the true test.

"Dark Eyes... Yes, there have been few of the Alae Draconis here for some time now."

At first when he had looked at Noctina, Jack had a warm, friendly look. Then, after the rather overt flirtation, he withdraws slightly and scratches the back of his head, "Um... Yes, it's a rather nice day...

"Demise... An interesting choice in name. Nice to meet you."

Having addressed everyone individually briefly, half of him continues matching names to faces while the other half keeps focused on the plan he had set out for the meeting. He makes his way over to his laptop and speaks up a bit more with his baritone-bass voice that already carries relatively far.

"Welcome to Sacramento, everybody. As most of you have already heard, I'm relatively fresh blood to being the Curator, so please bare with me. Dr. Tyria Primoria had to take an extended personal leave, which is all I know of the matter, so don't bother asking.

"Feel free to take a seat. We might be here for a little while while we get a feeling for each others' capabilities and where everyone will be best suited. I figured we could start off with a little icebreaker where we go around, say our names for everyone's benefit and not just mine, as well as three other things: something you're good at, something you like to do in your free time and something you want to do for the Mysterium."

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma could tell that Jack was slightly overwhelmed by all the new arrivals, and his new duties as Curator. Thus, he refrained from distracting him any longer. He took a seat nearby and listened as the new Curator addressed the Mystagogues that had assembled there.

Extended personal leave? I know it's none of my business, but I'm still very curious as to why Curator Primoria left so suddenly.

Aenigma stood up once Jack had finished his speech and had invited them to partake in the icebreaking exercise.

"My name's Aenigma. I'm quite good at researching a variety of topics, especially those of an esoteric nature. In my free time I enjoy solving puzzles of all sorts. And I would like to serve the Alae Draconis by protecting our knowledge, and recovering that which has fallen into the wrong hands."

He took a brief pause, but before taking his seat again he added, "basically, I aspire to become a Censor."

Noctina giggled as she noticed Curator Jack got a bit off tilter due to her flirtations; she enjoyed that sort of response.

As she sat down she felt a familiar tingle down her spine, her unseen sense went off, she had a sense that magic was being used. *Wendel’s Mage Sight being activated, ambiguity there though* She wouldn’t move from her seat but a quizzical look on her face would be apparent.

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-15 01:28:51 Noctina casts Omnivision rolls 5 to space + Gnosis (10 Again) 8, 8, 9, 5, 3 3 successes
    She quickly spotted the person watching in on their meeting and a grin came to her face.

“HI, well I am Noctina...
    In my free time I like to dismantle security safes and practise disarming security systems.
    For the Mysterium I want to help ensure that all of the supernal truth winds up here, and not in the hands of those that would abuse it or slaughter it.”
    She said, her speech becoming rather passionate towards the end, it was obvious she was talking about the Free Council and the Guardians.

She would then casually stand up, place her hand in the air and open it, let out a brief swear word, repeat the motion and then above the group a scrying portal appeared, it showed the entrance to the room and the person standing there.

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-15 01:42:27 Noctina Scrying outside the doorway rolls 7 to Int + investigation + space (10 Again) 10, 1, 10, 2, 1, 5, 4, 8, 3 3 successes
    2011-11-15 01:41:18 Noctina Scrying outside the doorway rolls 8 to Int + investigation + space (10 Again) 6, 2, 4, 3, 3, 2, 7, 2 failure

“And as for what I am good at, Stealing, Seduction, Stabbing, the 3 S’s as I like to call them.” Noctina said before she placed her hand over her shoulder and summoned the man at the door with two fingers edging him forward.

“How long are you gonna stand there... Or do I have to get rough...” She said, initially firm but her voice quickly trailing off into a seductive tone calling him into the room.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Wendel turned to look behind him, curious who the young lady was referring to, completely unfazed by the open practice of magic before them all. After all he knew they were mages already, though he was lucky they were members of the Mysterium Order. Upon seeing no one behind him he turned to face her and pointed at himself questioningly. "Me?"

He wasn't certain what she intended by being rough, nor her intention of calling him out to blatantly. The man claiming to be Curator had asked for introductions. Wendel was hoping to use the chance to take a seat as if he were part of the crowd but apparently his turn came up. He was unsure if he could make a more impressive introduction than Aenigma's was.

"Umm. Hi, I'm 'Toren'. And I'm a Mystagogue," he began comically similar to what people say at an AA meeting when introducing themselves. "I'm new to the Order, having been trained primarily outside of it by my mentor. But I've been looking for a chance to join up." He itched at his ear idly and walked forward a bit, so he wasn't standing so far back from everyone. "To answer your questions, Mr. Curator, my answer is the same for each, I make buildings. I'm an architect and I take my work very seriously. I'd like to improve my ability to manifest constructs and I suppose if that's helpful to anyone I'd help out where needed." There, that sounded pretty good. Not as good as Aenigma's but at least he hadn't stuttered or tripped on something. He slid into a seat, hoping people would forget about him and move onto the next introduction.

Demise
    Morgan Lefet
    Demise
    Demise

Wyrd 1, Striking looks 2
    Rachel "Demise" Evans

Gnosis 1,
    Maria Badillo

Primal urge 1 , Feet of mist
    Susan Vera

Blood potency 1, Aspect of the Predator

Demise patiently waited her turn as the others answered the Curators question, smiling at Noctina's overt display of magic. At first Demise felt bad for Toren being called out by Noctina like that but he seemed to bounce back nicely and introduce himself.

In the brief Silence after toren speaks up Demise decides to take her turn. "Let's see... My name is Demise, I'm skilled in finding answers through various means." She pauses for a moment considering whether or not to list her most common methods but decides to avoid sounding too winded. "In my free time I enjoy writing."

"And I too am interested in becoming a Censor " She glances to Aenigma and Noctina she didn't realize she shared the same goal as they did, hopefully they wouldn't take it as stepping on their toes.
    Rachel "Demise" Evans: Moros/Mysterium -- Mysterium status *, Presence 2 (Small), Mana 6/10, Wp 5/6, Active Spell: Supernal vision, Grim Sight

Miach

PRE

After Demise's statement about Censorhood, there seemed to be a small downtime when everyone looked at each other. Hopefully it wasn't due to uncomfort after Toren's exposition. Miach felt it was the time to stand up, and introduce himself. The tall Acanthus unfolded, and nodded once at the Curator, then at the assembly. He would have liked to know the man's name, but he would have to make do without.

My name's Miach, and I'm a doctor. An honest-to-god life-saving one, I might add.

His tanned face turned sour for the briefest moment, before his hand hastily reached for his mane of red-hair, and he tamed them back in a mock pony-tail.

In my free time, I like to live. That's what I do best. Live, and enjoy it. Sea, sex, and sun, you might say. Not one item is overrated in that list.

As what I can do for the Mysterium, well... I was thinking of two things, really :
    first, keep all of you alive and well even through those hard times we live by, no matter what, when and where, and second, Master and Teach all things Life. It really is something I look forward to, for my pleasure, contemplation, elevation, and everyone's ultimate benefit. We are Life, and Life is Magic.

As he finished his last sentence, Miach's voice rumbled down from the firmness it had acquired. He had a fire in his eyes and a conviction in his voice that left no doubt as to his determination about that. From the looks he gathered, he realized he had probably made a fool of himself * like the Tarot Card ? * and he laughed at himself as he sat down, embarrassed.

Sorry, I sort of... got carried away...

Kimberly shakes her head and sighs at the overt display of unnecessary will-working, taking another handful of snacks and draining the last of her soda. Remaining seated, she speaks up, saying, "You all may call me Dark Eyes. I'm handy with just about anything that requires brain power, especially Biology. In my free time I'm a bit of a gourmand and an avid materialist, so eating and shopping are definite favorite activities of mine. I have previous experience working with the Mysterium elsewhere, and understand that the order here has been struggling recently. I intend to help get things running smoothly, and I'll gladly assist you directly, Curator O'Falley, if you'd like a personal assistant."

L
    LoneRanger

"Please, take the rest as a tip" a person, wearing a London smoky grey suit with a white shirt with a grey suit , drops down from a taxi, the hands are closing on a 24 hours luggage."Oh, yes, enjoy a good day, there is no need for you to wait.Thank you very much.". Without any hint of hurry, he moves with a speedy walk, toward the entrance. After entering, he walks at a more respectful. he nods and smiles at the woman behind desk, who chews gums. Nodding respectfully to her:" good morning, I'm looking for the Curator of the Museum, Dr. Falley. In this luggage there are some documents for him.".
    The woman, scanning at the person talking to him, answer directing him in the room where the meeting is taking place. " good Lord, thank you very much.".
    Arriving at the door, he takes out a small mirror and casts a quick glance at his clothes. He fixes up some detail. Then with a final breath, he knocks on the door, three times, with a robust knock.

Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread