Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1110) Max and Conner

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 8, 2011 : (1110) Eternal Court XVIII
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    C
    Conner Greyson

"Please." Conner says and follows the Dragon into his office.

"Thank you for taking the time Reeve Heinz." Conner says and waits for the Reeve to offer him a seat. Either that or he will just stand, neither one really hurts Conner's feelings at all.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max takes his usual seat behind the large desk, motioning for Conner to do the same.* So, what's on your mind, Priscus? *Max asks, curiosity tinted his words.*

C
    Conner Greyson

"Have you spoken to His Majesty about the Necropolis issue?" Conner asks as he sat down in the offered chair. Conner leans back in the chair for a moment before sitting up with proper posture of a gentleman of the first estate.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max shakes his head slowly.* I've tried to contact Prince Clarke, to bring him up to speed on the situations in the city. Unfortunately, he seems to he a busy man these nights. And It's not something I want to discuss over the phone, or trust to someone not of our kind to relay the information. It's not hard to guess what his response will be, but I don't want to proceed without proper approval...

*Max spreads his arms in defeat, sometimes there wasn't much one could do but hurry up and wait.*

C
    Conner Greyson

"Indeed..." Conner thinks for a moment trying to understand why his majesty would not want to discuss this situation. Unless it was like Max had said, that he is just too busy.

"How are things in the Order. Has the Order recovered from the attack?" Conner asked.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max's affability cools somewhat as Conner asks about the Dragons. He liked the man, a fellow Mekhet and capable Deputy. But Greyson was also a member of the Invictus, and Max wasn't about to discus too much of the Order's business with an outsider.

He shrugs, trying to seem non-committal with his answer.* We're doing as well as can be expected, given the recent setbacks. The Order is fortunate in that our strength lies not in numbers but in dedication. And we've certainly had our share of setbacks before... *Whether Max was talking about the Dragon's history in Sacramento, or in general, is unclear.

He begins to speak again, but hesitates; taking a moment to think his next words over.* Though, I do think we need a strong hand to guide us forward after the events of the past. I've been thinking of telling His Majesty I wish to step down as Reeve once the current investigations have concluded...

*Max leans back slightly in his chair. He'd cast the bait in the water, now he just had to wait and see if Greyson took it.*

C
    Conner Greyson

"It will be a blow to the Domain to loose you as Reeve, but I understand that. There has been times I look at my list or reponsibilities and know that Prioritization must be made. Thankfully, with Regency I have a good partner and have people assisting me."

Conner paused for a moment, "Speaking of which Regent Donovan and I have decided to retract your temporary feeding rites in our domain... *pause* and grant you permanent feeding rites." Conner states.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max nods, sympathizing with the man's busy schedule of Priscus, Deputy, and member of the First Estate.* I may not have the time to give the role my full attention, but I do care that it is done properly. I will not step down until I can find someone I feel is competent to fill the role, and is willing to take over in my stead. *A loaded pause, both to let the Priscus think over his words, as well as allowing Max to avoid having to say just what he thought of Greyson's partner in Regency.

Max raises a curious eyebrow, not at the first part of Greyson's statement, only have the pause.* Thank you. That is... very generous of you, Regent Greyson. Both of you, please convey my gratitude to your co-Regent as well... *Max's innate curiosity wanted him to ask why the rights were made permanent, but perhaps that was a question best left for another time.*

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner thought for as long as the loaded pause lasted. Once the thank you has been completed Conner just nods, "We both view you as a trusted friend and Ally."

The Priscus leans forward. "Reeve Heinz. You and I have worked together for some time. I have served with loyalty and distinction. I believe you know what I am capable of and willing to do. If you will allow me, I feel I would be a strong successor.”

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*A long nod from Max, the Regent's words were going to take some time to digest.* I'll do my best not to disappoint either of you.

*A slight smile parts the Mekhet's lips as Greyson makes his pitch for Reeve, Max leaning back in his chair. Took him long enough to get the hint...*

Of course you know, the position is not mine to simply give, Priscus. We all serve at the whim and pleasure of his Majesty the Prince. But, I will certainly do my best to impress upon him my belief you're the one best suited for the job. There is one thing I can offer you tonight... My best wishes. You're going to need them...

*Max's smile grows ever so slightly, though perhaps tinted ever so slightly with relief and a little weariness.*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.