Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
On the corner of Shit and Creek

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Lance stands in the designated alley, leaning on the side of the building as he waits for Kaiden.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

E
    Ebon Reaper

After their phone conversation, Ricardo takes a bus to meet Lance. He disembarks on the closest stop and walks the rest of the way to the rest of the way there. Seeing Daeva, the Lord begins. "Good to see you, but I wish it was under better circumstances. Am I early or is he late?" The Mexican seems a little annoyed that Kaiden hasn't shown up yet.

Lance extends his hand to Reyes, offering a firm handshake. "I'd say six of one, half a dozen of another, if I was feeling charitable towards Mister Keysom. I'm not, so he's running late." Lance shakes his head. "What happened? I take it he fucked up at your family get together somehow tonight?"
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo shakes Lance's hand. "The punk had the good idea to tell the CEO himself that loyalty only comes if those above offer incentives to those below. He then went on to ask for an incentive to be loyal to the family. The CEO told him that after tonight, he was no longer welcome in the city." Then the Hispanic chuckles a little. "He objected to my appointment, but since I got it anyway, he's now partially my responsibility." He said responsibility with a hint of finality to it.

Lance looks at Reyes, face devoid of all expression.

"Pardon me for one moment, if you please." Lance steps back and fires off a quick text.

Lance then steps back into conversational distance. "Well, he's not a punk. I was a punk. Had the spikes and everything. Mister Keysom is just a child that thinks that being hot shit while alive makes him hot shit when dead. So how is Miss Hazelton doing?"

E
    Ebon Reaper

The Lord nods as Lance sends his text.

The point about being a punk confuses Ricardo a little. Was this another language thing? He politely ignores that comment. "There are too many new Kindred like that. Let's hope this one learns his lesson." Moving on to a more pleasant topic, "Ms Hazleton is doing quite well. She seems to enjoy keeping up with all the latest technological trends. Since I have no idea what half of it means, guess I'm getting old." He jokes.

Lance sees the reply and lets out a sigh of relief.

Fifteen minutes later he checks his phone again.

Another fifteen minutes pass and Lance's face twists into a scowl.

This thread has been open since Thursday. In about 13 hours I'm narrating another half hour passing and cutting this off, that's around noon for GMT -8

E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo had long gotten bored of waiting. A man can only look at his fingernails so many times. Plus, no matter how much he beat them up, they always returned to the condition they were in when he died. He turns to Lance. "So, how was your political party meeting?" the Mexican asked. For Lance's sake he hoped it went smoothly, however if it didn't that would make for more interesting conversation.

Lance shrugs. "Mclean and Sarah set the meeting up in a public place. A nice public place, but it limited what we could talk about, so not much got done. Miss LeFleur informed us that she was leaving the city and the Leadership position fell to me by default when Kesom didn't feel he needed to make a play for it. So it pretty much turned out like the last one, except that I got a job that gives me a headache but doesn't cut me a check. How was yours?"

C
    C_Lloyd

Kaiden arrives in a hoodie and tennis-shoes, computer bag at his side. He nods at Lance and Mr. Rodriguez, but stays a healthy distance away from them both.

"Mr. Rodriguez, thank you for coming. I got here as fast as I could, considering the circumstances. Food is... scarce, as I'm sure you can imagine."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread