Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Wedding Reception

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

The wedding party arrived back at the Four Seasons where champagne was on hand to celebrate as well as some hor d'oeuvres for those who simply cannot wait for the main dinner, pprepared by Mrs. Rosemary before leaving for the rose garden. The reception itself was being held in another part of the hotel, one of the throne rooms antechambers, a large space that had been decked in the colours of dark orange and ivory with roses that matched Terri's bouquet. Every guest had been designated a place at the assorted tables (with Mr. Bates quickly rushing around to find space for those not-quite-invited guests), each one seated so they can see the head table where the happy couple sat with thier wedding party.

The dinner was served by Mrs. Rosemary, a succulent feast that would satisfy the greediest Ogre, with meats, poultry, fruits and vegetables aplenty and wine, beer, spirits, soft beverages and Sam's special-eye-popping-firewater straight from Harry's on tap. Laughter was had as the speeches were made and several times, Terri wiped tears from her eyes.

And then there was the cake. Mrs. Rosemary has out done herself. Seven tiers, each one of varying flavours; chocolate, carrot cake, sponge, icing, fruit, coconut and even one of the elusive googleberry mixes that Mrs. Rosemary prided herself on.

When DJ Φtzal called Terri and Rick to the dance floor, it was time for their first dance. They both glided in each others arms, whispering until the song ended before the party truly started and the karaoke was officially opened.

Party Time! Drink, dance, sing, be merry!

K
    Kazakin

Rook had no damn idea what a googleberry was, but it was possibly better than chocolate. That was the first thing he'd learnt at the reception. The second was that it was damn impossible to get near to the happy couple at a wedding when there were swarms of excited Changelings around, but that part wasn't exactly as surprising. Everyone wanted to congratulate the Mr and Mrs. Nutkins-Pereg at their marriage.

He did, too. He also wanted to give them the only gift he'd been able to think of. Well, that wasn't quite true.

It was just that the only other thing he'd been able to come up with had been a toaster, and it seemed to be some strange rule of Weddings that everyone suddenly thought the couple needed a new toaster. He seemed to remember when he'd married Laura, he had ended up with four of them.

And he'd never been a big fan of toast.

The Metalflesh walked towards Rick and Terri once they'd moved off the dance floor and had their traditional moments after a first dance.

"Congratulations, both of you,"
    he said, smiling amicably. "I'm sorry I didn't manage to give you this earlier." He pulled out a small box, wrapped in the traditional 'I-did-this-without-my-wife's-help' style, which meant the wrapping paper had somehow rebelled and started attacking the tape.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri was still smiling from ear-tuft to ear-tuft when Rook approached and gave the Elemental a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Rook!," she said, excited at the growing stack of presents, singing greatly to the squirrel side of her being, the side that just enjoyed piles of stuff. She didn't know him that well but had been impressed by his polite manner, which said alot in Terri's book. "Thanks so much for coming, hope you enjoyed the day so far," Terri added, smiling. "Will you be getting on the karaoke later? Maybe after a few drinks?" Perhaps she was teasing, perhaps not. Either way, she was still smiling.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally watches as the now married couple glide about the dance floor and sighs softly. She felt rather lonesome and a bit envious of Terri and Rick as they found a life partner in each other. The Hunterheart wonders how many other women feel the same way here, tonight.

B
    Beej

Sleep deprived and tired as he was, a wedding reception was something he just couldn't miss or half ass. He was Spring Court and it was a party, slammed packed with manner of desire. For example the hunterheart in front of him, if the desire/envy rolling off of her was any indication she was just like every other single woman he'd met at a wedding...wanting their own wedding.

Walking up next to Tally, Otto smiles down at her. "Can I have this dance miss?"

L

It was funny how memory worked sometimes. The night seemed to alternate between blissful blurred memories and moments of crystalline clarity that he was sure he'd remember for the rest of his life; their first kiss as a married couple, seeing everyone gathered for the reception dinner, taking his wife out onto the dance floor...they just went on and on. Not that he'd have it any other way.

"Hey, don't worry about taking a while to get it to us. The happy couple always seems to be busy on their wedding day." At least he'd had something or another to keep him occupied ever since he'd woken up...and had a sneaking suspicion he would after going to bed too. And he gives the other Elemental a playful wink as he accepts the package, humor evident in his voice. "I'll have to have you teach me how to wrap stuff some day, probably a better job than I'd be able to do."

K
    Kazakin

"It's been beautiful. You've both outdone yourselves; thanks for inviting me along. It's been an honour to be able to experience your day with you," Rook said, the smile widening fully. He felt slightly awkward at the hug- not because it was unwelcome, but simply because it had been a very long time since anyone had put their arms around him, and it threw him for a moment. After a quick internal debate, he settled for a quick 'around the shoulders', one-armed return.

"As for the Karaoke- my voice isn't that bad,"
    the Metalflesh said, with a short, pleasant laugh. "Sorry about the wrapping. I have no idea how my wife used to do it. Took me about five minutes to get the damn thing to stop sticking to myself." He hadn't realised he'd even said wife, until the word slipped out. Too much thinking about weddings, and too much truth in his mouth to stop himself.

The gift, when opened, was a perfectly ordinary, cheap, MP3 player. There was one, pretty large file loaded on it, which was titled 'Falling into Autumn - Rook' on the small screen. He'd stayed up the previous couple of nights, composing alone on the bar piano and recording it. The tune was gentle, and whistful, bringing up images of a gentle breeze that blew leaves from the trees, slowly building into a lightning storm, before receeding into the hot, red sunrises of October.

After all, it was the one thing he was pretty sure no one else was going to be able to give them.

Wife? Terri thought, the slip from Rook evident. However, she didn't want to question him about it, not here, not today. Some things were just too hard to talk about, especially for before. Terri covered it be squealing as she tore open the gift.

"Oh, cool!" she said, delighted with the gift and pressing play, listening to the tune with wonder. "Did you make this? Its beautiful, Rook. Wait! If we can get a piano brought in, would you play live?" she asked, putting the Elemental on the spot, her excitement growing.

K
    Kazakin

Rook blinked behind the sunglasses, but he smiled at the enthusiasm. It was appreciated- a relief that Terri had enjoyed the music. He hoped Rick appreciated it, too.

"Sure,"
    the Metalflesh said amicably. "Music's supposed to be heard. Hell, I'll carry the piano if you want." That was the advantage of behind himself. He could provide his own piano removal service as well. Steel sinews made it possible to do things he'd never have managed as an ordinary man.

Well, with all he had lost, there had to be something to gain.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin stands by the dance floor, shouting and cheering and clapping in euphoric joy.
    This is Spring!
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread