Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1110) Jennifer, John, Ricardo, and Brenn

Oct 8, 2011 : (1110) Eternal Court XVIII
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

NOS
    PRE

Brenn's gaze casually moved over to the group of approaching Kindred and her mouth twisted into something reminiscent to the grin a rabbit would give if it suddenly discovered that it could eat wolves. Normally she was the one on the prowl for conversation, but tonight it sought her out with a warm embrace. Interesting.

The Haunt stood up from her slump on the settee, and tottered slightly, before she returned John's handshake with an iron fast grip.

"Glorious evening to you as well, Ms. Hazelton, and to you, Mr. Clean. Oh, and to you as well Mr...um...Reyes? Apologies for the blunder but we did only meet briefly,"
    she spoke, nodding to the Lord. "As for the evening? Well, it finds me; just as the moonlight finds the sides of the pyramids, petrified rays of the sun though they are, it finds me. What of you three? What brings you to this corner of the Elysium this night?"

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Good to hear that." Jennifer replied, smiling pleasantly.
    "Mr. Rodriguez." Jennifer corrected gently; moving on to not make Brenn uncomfortable.
    "Mr. McLean and I were having a wonderful discussion about our political ambitions."

She glanced towards Mr. McLean and back towards Brenn.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John notices that Ricardo was also joining the group.

"Oh Good evening Mr. Rodriguez, it's wonderful to see you again."

John nods and smiles to the Ventrue He then turns back to Brenn.

"I was just telling Miss. Hazelton how Unfortunate it was that you had decided not join the Carthians."

John waves his hand as to show it was not a big deal. it was water under the bridge now.

"However it was your decision and I shall respect it, but should you ever reconsider we are always open."

John's tone was friendly and sincere. He liked Brenn, sure she was a little mixed up on her goals, but really when your a neonate who isn't.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo needed his smile right away. Someone else got his name wrong. However, Jen corrected her before he could say anything. "Good evening to you as well Ms. Lawrence. Don't worry about it, almost as many people mess out my last name as mess up the Bishop's." He was half joking.

"It is great to see you again Mr. McLean." He offers handshakes to the group, and nodded to his coterie mate. He would rather they didn't talk about McLean's political views, but he was otherwise a good guy, so the Lord let it go.

NOS
    PRE

"Political beliefs, eh?" Brenn replied, crossing her arms. "Well, I will say that it does mean quite a bit that I'll be missed among the Movement, and I appreciate your offer to join at a later date, but I'm afraid that I am going to walk on the opposite path. Yes...that path...But, please, allow me to explain. As I said at the meeting, many of my views are home in the Movement, and thus I will always hold sympathy for it, but beyond those views is a desire, a goal, an ideal, and a devotion that take will always take precedence. I wish to serve the Domain. I want to improve it, and this is a motivation that has always been placed firmly in me, even if I did not recognize it and even when I buried it under the ashes of anger and confusion.

"However, the state of the Domain is thus,"
    she proclaimed, gesturing sharply at the Avalon, "and I doubt that this will change while I walk on this earth. If I am true to my devotion, I must submit and pledge myself to the powers that be. I've tried it the other way for some months now, and even when I spilled my blood and that of the Domain's enemies, even when ink from my pen dripped from a document that rallied the Domain...nothing changed. Part of that is because of my own doing, as my cousin can well attest," she admitted, gesturing to Jennifer,"but, again, this is another way to change that. Obviously change is the order of the night, and this new path will indeed force a change...

"That likely sounded rather abrupt, but I believe that might have answered your curiosity,"
    the Haunt concluded, raising an eyebrow.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John wanted to Facepalm, so she has decided to go Invictus because working with the Carthians will be "Hard". Great nations were not made overnight, great changes were not set worth with in weeks, Enlightenment was not achieved in mere months.

Perhaps it was better that this one be left out of the Carthians she was to much of a flip flop, to uncertain of what she wanted, and in all honesty to much of a Lazy to ever do anything great.

So now she will walk a path that has been walked so many times before, a Path well explored and well traveled, though secure and safe as it is, she will find no enlightenment or discovery there. Just the same story as before, and nothing will be different, nothing new or wonderful will be brought of it. John pitied Brenn.

John maintained his composure, and continued to smile his friendly smile.

"I'm afraid that I can not agree with you, however as I said, it is your decision and I will respect that. Perhaps another time we could talk more about this, tonight may not be the best night to get into a political debate."

John chuckled slightly maintaining his lighthearted demeanor. He changes the subject and addresses the group as a whole.

"Anyway, does anyone have big plans for tonight?"

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Must submit?"

Jennifer's brow arched slightly. She hadn't heard of that phrasing before.
    She tilts her head; listening as Brenn continued to explain. The young Nosferatu was impressed that Brenn seemed to be divorcing herself from
    her past actions that would have barred Brenn - in her mind alone - from the Invictus.

"You've dedicated yourself to the First Estate?" Jennifer inquired, some part of her wanting to hear the words.
    "I can't disagree with your decision. Los Tigres also believes in the tenants of the First Estate. We consider ourselves lucky to have gained admirable
    sponsors May I inquire who is your sponsor?"

She looks to Mr. McLean.
    "We don't have to discuss this if its an uncomfortable subject."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John waves his hand assuring Jennifer he was not offended or uncomfortable.

"No no, please go ahead, I assure you I will not be offended. Actually, I am interested in hearing who has offered each of you an invitation into the Estate."

E
    Ebon Reaper

The Lord wanted to laugh so badly. The thought of Brenn in the Invictus was the second silliest thing he had heard all night. The first was of course, Dillon mistakenly referring to Alice as a man. The first time he has seen Brenn, she was going on a Carthian rant. Had she really changed that much?

However, being a Lord meant not laughing like a boracho rustico (drunken hick). Ricardo kept his smile going. "The First Estate is always looking for more Kindred of Quality. No offense John." He says honestly to the Carthian. "However, joining is a large commitment and shouldn't be taken lightly." He refrained from asking any questions and instead waited for her to answer the questions the others had asked.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John smiles to assure his Ventrue associate that he had not been offended.

"None taken."

If the Invictus wanted to tell themselves that they were the only ones of "Quality", then let them play their own little game. In the mean time the Carthians and the Ordo will be doing the heavy thinking.

John had nothing personal against those who claimed loyalty to the old philosophy, their mentality was simple "If it ain't broke, why fix it?" though good in some ways, it was by no means improving the standard of living for all kindred but instead focused more on the few, those they felt "deserved" to be given a chance. I was a very "loser/winner attitude" and John was not a fan of it. Why focus only on the self and self interests, why shun the weak and enable the strong, when you can raise whole a Domain, or nation, or world to Enlightenment.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread