Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 49
DISPLAYED
(1110) Jennifer, John, Ricardo, and Brenn

Oct 8, 2011 : (1110) Eternal Court XVIII
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John didn't know if he would stay in Sacramento forever. Forever seemed like such a long time especially if one was immortal. Perhaps, at some point he will leave Sacramento, see the world learn what he could then maybe return. However, that was not now so he may as well be comfortable.

"You know, I do wonder why Younger Kindred who are unbound from their sires don't travel a lot? One would think, that once you became immortal you would want to expand your horizons and do all the things that you may not have been able to do while alive."

John says this almost as if he were asking himself this out load.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

NOS
    PRE

"You wonder why we don't travel often, Mr. McLean?" Brenn asked, a fox' grin slipping onto her features. "The reason should be clear: it's Fear. Fear of that wand'ring knight who rides across the sky on his steed of flame; Fear of the eyes that watch from the depths of the shadowed woods; Fear of the volcanic tempers of foreign Princes; Fear of the leagues upon leagues where no human treads, and perhaps most importantly, Fear of ourselves. It's a rare thing for a person to venture forth on the long roads, challenging whatever may come their way, after they've just been murdered... Once bitten, twice shy" she finished, her grin growing horribly wider.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John nods, Brenn had a way with words, making simple concepts like "the reason why we don't travel is because of Sun, other monsters, foreign city politics, the unknown and the beast." become masterpieces of the spoken language. However, the problem in her doing this is that it made her come off as a bit mouthy and maybe a little patronizing. Rule one John learned when he became a Comm Major, "communication should be simple and easy to follow to reach the largest demographic."

"Indeed Brenn, I guess travel then is not for the faint of heart. You know Brenn, forgive me if I am being to bold, but considering you are still looking for a covenant to join maybe you would be well suited for the Ordo, they certain could use young intellectuals who have keen observation skills such as yourself."

John's tone was sincere, He had a good feeling that she probably wouldn't be happy with the Invictus just as much as she was with the Carthians. If she already had a lot of Carthian sympathy and mentality the Invictus will only try to stifle that and make her fall into line with their philosophy. Free thinkers should be able to think free, and the two Bastions of free thought to John were the Carthians and the Ordo. Plus Martha was a Dragon so Brenn would certainly be in good hands.

NOS
    PRE

The grin disappeared from Brenn's face, and her eyes widened somewhat in surprise.

"Um, thank you, John, for the compliment and the thought, but I don't think I'd fit in with the Dragons. They're a bit too fond of...the things which cannot be explained, and I'm rather hesitant when it comes to those topics. Ironic, perhaps, but true nevertheless," the Haunt explained, trying to keep her tone matter of fact.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John shrugs,

"Maybe, but from what I have seen they tend to be more scientific and philosophical in thought. However, I can see where you are coming from."

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

"I'd agree," Jennifer nodded. "- that fear is a reason Kindred don't travel. Different domains; different rules; the uncertainty of the road..." She shakes her head.

"It can be a terrifying prospect."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

E
    Ebon Reaper

Well, it looked like John was recruiting for the Ordo. That didn't make too much sense given how he always seemed to be really Carthian before. Oh well. Maybe he, like Brenn, had a change of heart.

The Mexican Lord nodded a Jen's comment. "I would not take the risk again, unless the situation got really bad." If he was banished or blood hunted, he'd bolt. Otherwise, it wouldn't be nearly as bad to be hear as it was back home.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nodded to Ricardo.

"I've heard tales that could only be described as horror stories about relocation gone bad."

The Nosferatu rose.

"I've enjoyed our conversation; Miss Lawrence; Mr. McLean. I appreciate your earlier honesty, Miss Lawrence. Maybe we can talk more later in the week."

Her Beast was snarling in her chest; yearning to move away from the stronger beasts around her.

"I bid you good eve; and I hope you are safe until we meet again."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

NOS
    PRE

"I...likewise enjoyed the conversation," Brenn said, after a pause. "Have a good evening, Ms. Hazelton. Perhaps we'll speak later."

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread