Martha hobbled along, her metal peg leg tapping with each careful step. Moreso now she has left her cane elsewhere. looking back with a smile, to see if Madison was close behind. "I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, miss. My name is Martha. Herald and Keeper. The Alder Prince prizes the use of titles. How am I to address you, please, miss?" she asks with a friendly smile.

"Madison Carothers. I am a Groom among the First, although you may just use Miss Carothers if you like." She returns the smile, politely staying one step behind the Herald.

"Miss Carother's sounds most splendid!" another smile. She pauses to allow Madison to walk side by side. "Do you wish to stay and dwell in the Domain of the Alder Prince, Miss Carothers, or are you passing through?" a happy smile. She sneaks a look to Madison's legs and shoes. ( http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/F​ile...nderground.png just to help with the layout...Martha is heading towards the room next to the cloakroom.)

Madison is currently wearing black leather sandals that either don't seem to have seen much use or are merely well-maintained. "I am planning on staying, yes. My sire made arrangements for a place just south of the airport in Elk Grove. I am not sure if that is within a current domain, however..."

Martha nods, thinks for a moment, then offers, "Just south of the airport? That would very likely put you outside the boundary of the Domain entirely, Miss Carothers!" a smile. "Or, if closer to the airport, place you within the Tennurial Regency of Harpy-Regent Donnovan and Regent-Deputy Greyson, miss!" a cheery tone.

Madison nods and looks over the map. Upon spotting the crossroads where her haven has been set-up, she sighs. "It appears that I am just within the borders. I shall speak with the regents as soon as I am able."

Martha smiles and nods. "Please do. They are empowered to make their own negotiations with you regarding matters of Tenancy and the conditions they place upon it." a smile. She misses her cane to lean upon and finds herself placing her hands behind her back as she studies Madison again. "Have you travelled far to get to this Domain, miss? Which Domain did you most recently transit through, might I ask?"

"I arrived from Atlanta this evening. That is the only other domain I have been in, barring the occasional visit to Charleston before my Embrace."

"A deliberate journey then?" she asks, clearly fascinated. "Might I ask the purpose of your arrival? Can I help in anyway?" wide eyed, she seems sincere in this.

"After I completed my apprenticeship, my sire thought it best that I expand my horizons and see more of the world. He gave me a choice of locations, and Sacramento seemed the most agreeable."

"It did? Goodness me! How simply splendid!" she chirps, her English accent very noticeable in her delight, "I do hope we do not disappoint you, Miss Carothers! Well...can I help answer any questions, miss?" she offers, clearly hoping to be useful.

"Mr. McLean was kind enough to tell me who I should speak to as far as introducing myself to the leaders of my clan and covenant. Are there any others I should make a point of introducing myself to?"

Martha nods (pleased to hear John was helping) with a nod she indicates towards the Harpy. "The Regent Harpy you will need to speak with anyway, regarding your Tenancy. Her close ally, Regent-Deputy Greyson too...a man of many skills: you should speak with him also. The Reeve..." she looks for the Reeve, but he is out of sight with Cassandra..."Oh...he must be on some other business...he is worth speaking to also, miss. As is Deputy Grigoriev. Well..." she giggles happily, "I should be loathe to dissuade you from speaking to anyone, in fact! Please circulate and encounter whom you wish! Everyone is worth talking to on their own merits, miss!" a happy, sincere, smile. "I should wish to hear more about yourself though, miss!"

Madison nods, smiling. The Herald was so...bubbly, is the right word, one could suppose. "What would you like to know?"

"Anything you wish me to know immediately!" she offers with glee. "I am most curious and inquisitive, miss! Forgive me if it seems rude, but I do so love to learn about people!" a happy smile. She adjusts her top hat. "And you seem so fascinating! Travelling so far: you must have ambitions! Doubts even. Doubts perhaps I can ease?"

She chuckles. "There isn't much to tell. I worked under my sire as a ghoul for some time, tending to his kennels. When he went into eclipse, his childe continued to tend for me as I began a small breeding business of my own. When my sire awoke, he chose to Embrace me in thanks for my years of loyal service."

Nodding Martha seems content and listens attentively. "I see, miss! I am confident he chose wisely!" she offers sincerely. "I am also pleased Mr McLean was helpful to you! I plan to Acknowledge as many Kinded as I can at once this evening, miss." she nods towards the new arrivals about the Court. "I often ask, and I shall again tonight, if the newly arrived have heard or seen or encountered any troubling developments or situations along the way to this Domain. Situations which may threaten the Domain. But, " she smiles, "did you arrive by aircraft?" she asks, all eager. "To arrive from Atlanta so swiftly? Or was some magic involved?" hard to tell if she is joking, but her tone is still happy.

"I was flown in, yes. An associate of mine was able to retrieve myself and my things without incident." Magic? The thought made Madison smile.

Chuckling happily too, Martha begins her limping walk towards the Meeting Room again, a smile invites Madison to follow. "Goodness! I do hope you settle in, miss! You should speak with the First Estate persons of note as soon as possible! Will you be attending the Halloween Ball, miss?" she asks, all conversationally bright. "It is to be held soon! Many from Court are planning to attend! Mixing with Mortals though...it carries risk, but last year's Halloween celebrations were such jolly fun! I do hope this years are too!"

"I was unaware of it, but I most definitely will attend." Madison follows Martha to the Meeting Room. "Oh! I do have one other question: what is the current policy as far as ghouls are concerned when it comes to Elysia? I have one who accompanies me most evenings, but he remained at home tonight as I was unsure of whether he would be welcome."

"He would be welcome, but may suffer the prejudice of some. I have no prejudice regards ghouls; I cannot speak on behalf of others in that regard. To be on the safe side, Ghouls are always best seen and not heard, I daresay. But I have particular specified behaviour, so long as he behaves himself; obeys the Laws of the Domain and refrains from carrying a weapon here and the wearing of a mask here." a smile. "In fact, I should be most interested in meeting him!" another smile. She reaches the door to the Meeting Room. "Ah, we are here!" a smile.

"London is quite friendly and accustomed to being around Kindred. Speaking out shouldn't be too much of an issue, though, as he is a German Shepherd." Madison smiles as they reach the door. She offers to open it for the Herald, if she would wish it.

Martha laughs, utterly delighted to hear this and amused at her assumption that the Ghoul was a human. "Oh my! Well, what a joy it shall be anyway! I do adore animals!" a happy smile, she seems happy for Madison to open the door, but didn't seem to expect it. "Shall we prepare for the meeting with the others, miss?" she asks, all happy and cheerful...her eyes fall beyond Madison (possibly to Adam if he makes his way over) offering him a smile as she puts her attentions back to Madison.