Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1110) Ricardo and Chris

Oct 8, 2011 : (1110) Eternal Court XVIII
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

As soon as Chris enters the private room he crosses his arms, somewhat like a schoolboy taken apart by his teacher. 'I think it's best to first make clear whatever suspicions you have against me.'

The polite smile has faded but his expression remains neutral. The Vala could have some sympathy for Ricardo, he might do the same in his position, although not so direct and confronting. Even if it was only to save his own pride.

Because here Ricardo was wrong.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

E
    Ebon Reaper

Since Chris was so direct, Ricardo figured he would get right to the point. No need to mess around with pleasantries or theatrics. He would put everything in the clearest, most direct way possible. "When I last spoke with Nao, she said some very disturbing things. First she explained that you were a 'priest' in her religion and that you two were of the 'same heart and mind.' Then she began insulting the Prince and his laws. Finally, when warned about her actions, she seemed to think that the 'Woven Circle and Ancient Silver' would protect her." As Ricardo speaks he watches Chris carefully. After he finishes that mouthful, he gives Chris the WTF? look and waits for the other man to reply.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

As Ricardo begins Chris nods, seeing no danger in agreeing. At least until the word 'Prince' fell, his eyebrows were arched to show utter surprise. When the word 'Ancient' falls his own expression turns into WTF for a moment.

However, he recovers to reply. 'Sharing body and mind only implies that we both have a Mekhet "body" and a "mind" which is faithful to the Crone. In the Circle I am indeed some sort of Priest, but right now that doesn't matter. What matters is that she might insult the Prince, but I have no need to do that. If she turns out to be a threat for the Domain, there is no way the Woven Circle would unite to protect her.'

Surprise and frustration are still readable from his expression. 'We can only be grateful that this Prince allows us to have a Temple, allows us to have our own believes. When I came in Sacramento I needed to keep it a secret that I worshiped the Crone.' A weak smile appears, hoping that his answer would convince the Mexican.

'Oh and by the way, I wouldn't call Hierophant Silver an Ancient.' At least he doesn't act like one. From how I would expect an Ancient to act.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo watches and listens to what Chris says. His explanation seems reasonable enough. He could almost believe that Chris had been just as screwed over by Nao as he and Jen were. "I have worked with Hierophant Silver before and he seems to be an effective and level headed individual." He pauses for a moment. "If neither you or Hierophant Silver are responsible for her having these ideas, do you know where they came from? Before that night, she hadn't said anything like that." Ricardo tried to be as nonconfrontational as possible when asking that question. If Chris was innocent, maybe he could help point the Lord in the right direction.

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-13 15:38:22 Ricardo Rodriguez Reyes rolls 9 to is Chris sincere? (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again, WillPower) 3, 6, 8, 9, 3, 2, 4, 9, 2 3 successes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Yes, Hierophant Silver is a wise man indeed. Actually, he was the one to bring me to my just explained insight regarding the Prince.' Slowly the frustration starts to fade away. 'But I cannot answer you other question. She has always seemed... fragile. The moment I had to pick her up from Avalon, she was completely in shock because of a prophetic image only. That is not how one should handle the gift of our Crone.'

Chris shakes his head, disappointed in Nao. He felt offended by her. By a fellow Acolyte, he felt betrayed. Still he doesn't grow angry now, since the tension in this room was already gone. He shrugs instead. 'Maybe she had just recently read the wrong manga?'

Rollzzz

E
    Ebon Reaper

The praise for Silver is met with a sincere nod. "I believe you. She gave me the same impression of fragility. For one of our kind to have faith, they must be prepared for it to be difficult." Ricardo was speaking of his own time in the Lance, but he assumed that the Crone was similar in at least that regard.

The Mexican almost laughs when Chris mentions manga. The thought that anyone would base their political views on foreign cartoons was downright comical. "Since we both got duped by Nao, can we put this behind us?" He asks hopefully. Ricardo would have to have a talk with Jen, but that would have to wait.

Re Rollzz

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'I would be glad to put this behind me.' Chris nods, it was sad this had all occured. Ricardo seemed to be a nice man after all, and not the dumbest. Because it was indeed true that everyone should prepare for difficult times. Especially Acolytes, with their philosophy of Tribulation.

'Although I have one more question, who else knows of this. Has either you or Miss Hazelton informed any Deputies with this?' He asked with a worried tone. Only the though of a Bishop Deputy having a legitimate reason to harm them was scary enough for Chris to build a panic room.

E
    Ebon Reaper

"We have mentioned it to the two Deputies at the time. However, Deputy Grigoriev told us that he does not believe the Circle at large agrees with her." Ricardo stopped short of saying that he had not intended to tell Deputy Greyson, and that the man had just appeared behind him. "We did not mention you specifically to either of them." Maybe that would make Chris feel less worried. Ricardo doubted it, but it was the truth and it was worth a shot.

After what Nao had put them all through, he would personally drag her to the Prince if he ever found her. Or to the Hound. She seemed like the type to dispense quick justice.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Well thanks for that I guess.' Indeed, Chris doesn't feel less worried. He looks to the unknown neonate being dragged away by Sidor. 'As long as I don't end up like him I'll be fine.'

The shadow again smiles weakly to Ricardo, he couldn't blame the man for telling the Reeve's department. 'Still I should speak to Deputy Grigoriev later the evening.' I really can't afford being put in a closet, again.

'Now, shall we return to Court?'

E
    Ebon Reaper

The Lord followed he Shadow's gaze over to the fallen unknown."Yeah, I would like to avoid being 'that guy' as well," Ricardo states as casually as possible.

The comment about meeting with the Deputy is met with an understanding nod. For all they knew, Deputy Greyson was watching all of this from the shadows. Seeking out authority figures usually ended better than waiting for them to seek you out.

"I think that would be a good idea." This meeting had been less problematic that Ricardo anticipated. Soon he would be able to mingle freely again. He just had to make sure that he talked to Jen about it.

Closed Thread