Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Free Council: A New Assembly

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Rosh

PRE

The Hostel is fairly barren. A gruff woman with an impatient scowl types away behind the reception desk. A vase of beautiful flowers heaped up in the dustbin beside the counter.

On the top floor curious Libertines will find a ladder leading up to a hatch to an Attic space.

The Attic is furnished with mismatched couches, sofas, and recliners. A huge stained coffee table dominates the floor space. Along the walls hang all sorts of Naval decor. From framed photos of ships to a Ship in a bottle. An empty series of bookshelves stand soberly along one wall. Above the shelves in black paint 'To the Captain'

Rosh sits in a comfy worn recliner tapping away at a laptop. A slurpee threatens to condensate through a note pad on a nearby side table.

The Obrimos sits heavy, as if he is carrying a great deal of pressure. His long golden hair combed over to one side, his shirt sleeves rumpled as if he had them rolled up for a long period of time. He taps his chin as he thinks looking down at the computer in his lap.

PRE

I got to the hostel a bit early, carrying a pair of bags, one a nice leather laptop bag containing, big shock here, my laptop and the second with several bags of chips and a 12 package of coke. Needless to the climb up to the attic is funtastic but I manage it and enter into the large room with the large table, a collection of mismatched couches and chesterfields stolen from a Dresden File's novel and wall decor that reminds me of that Navy heavy Legion Branch I'd been to a couple of times growing up. I make my way over to the man typing away in the corner, waiting until he finishes and looks in my direction to speak.

"Rosh I presume?" My voice and smile are friendly but slightly wary. "Name's Pulp. I don't know what local traditions you guys have here but I brought chips and coke. It was something we did back home, everyone brought something to meetings. Even if that's not something you've done here, everything is better with Ketchup chips."

Rosh

PRE

Rosh looks up as pulps enters. "Welcome, just set it down on the table. It's been just me for so long I didn't even think about that."

Rosh sets his computer aside and stands to greet the new Mage with a handshake. "Rosh, yeah. Obrimos Councilor. How long have been in the City now?"

PRE

I return Rosh's handshake firmly but I'm not one of those dicks who need to prove their manhood by squeezing until they hear bones breaking. "Pulp Noir, Warlock. I arrived in town back in July, came in from Toronto."

As the handshake ends I place the bag with the chips and coke up on the table and start to take out the goodies, which include a couple of flavors that are almost impossible to get in the US. I pick up two cold cans of coke and offer one to Rosh.

"Well you're not a lonesome Libertine anymore. There is myself and at least one more of us, Toby, who I ran into at Written in Water a little while ago." @Tiffany

I offer a wary smile at the joke, letting Rosh know that I realize it's terrible.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

Toby had spent the day in and out of meetings that seemed to never end. She was thankful for a chance to get away from the hospital, and eagerly enters the building. She had changed out of her suit to jeans, a sky blue tank with her leather coat, wanting to be casual.
    As she enters, she looks around, recognizes Pulp, and offers him a warm smile, and looks at the other guy. She makes her way over, taking in the decor of the room, "Hey Pulp," extending her hand to the unknown guy, "Hi, I'm October, but please call me Toby."
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

R
    Reathin

Alexander stepped into the Hostel slowly, knowing what was to come and ruing it slightly. Ladders were always a pain. He hated the degree to which people's opinions could change when they seemed to struggle with a physical obstacle. Still, there was nothing for it. The middle-aged Libertarian was not about to miss a meeting, no matter the annoyances that came along with it. He was still in a bit of a mood about it though. He'd had to call off one of his classes today to get here on time, citing an issue with extended family. He hated doing that, it was highly unprofessional. On the other hand, he hadn't used a sick-day in over four years, so at least it wasn't habitual.

Climbing up the ladder, he did his level best to slide up with his cane in as smooth a motion as possible. It was...passable. While he didn't stumble or at least look like he needed help, getting back to his feet took more effort than he would have liked. He looked around the room briefly. He'd only been here once before. The mage who'd taught him the basics and eventually inducted him into the Free Council had mostly preferred his own computer-filled home as a local. Hephaestus had relatively little contact with fellow Libertarians (for a variety of reasons), so he was not surprised that he did not know anyone in the room. Walking as best he could, he took a seat in one of the recliners. Certainly, it made him look even older than his scarred face implied, but well enough. Putting his cane in front of him with both hands on the head, he leaned forward slightly to show that he was attentive to the individuals gathered, but did not move to introduce himself just yet. He would rather know the temperament of those gathered before he revealed too much. Too often he found his own sensibilities clashed with his Order, so it paid to be cautious. Besides, he wanted to know if he should try and adjust his speech and body language and it would be easier with a first reference.

PRE

I smile at Toby when she arrives. "Hey Toby, glad to see you could make it." I was about to tell her about all of the goodies on the table when another person entered, a older gentleman who took a seat in one of the chairs. Since Rosh and Toby were making their own introductions to each other I decided to make my way over to the newest arrival. I'm relaxed and approach with a confident and calm smile, which is genuine and shows in my tone of voice as I welcome the newest Libertine to the meeting. "Good evening, glad that you could make it." I offer my hand to the man. "I'm Pulp Noir."

B
    Baroqo

Amanda enters in the Hostel quietly, hir feets badly racked by the ankle boot ze wears. She Stands at the entry, adjusting the remaining things in hir bag.

There is not so much, in it. Some forgotten lovers founded in a photo book, a half-eaten Snicker, three packaged Snickers, lipstick, 10 dollars and 80 cents, a pack of chewing gum, Fame Monster, something other in the deepest parts of the bag, things that surely no male wish to know. After a brief think, he take the three snickers.

Hallo, guys! Nodding greatly hir wigged head. Ze had washed hirself in a public WC, but the smell of old make up and fuit vodka still hangs to hir skin. I am So Happy I Can Die, but you can call me as you wish. Smiles with too white theeth. I am not new to the town, but... well, i came into mage politics only... recently. I was, well, Uh, A little busy.

Hir eyes run up and down, to make a clear picture of the situation. Ze put the three snickers on the table. Lets hir hand on those chocholate bars a little, then sits on some table.

R
    Reathin

Alexander looked up at the approaching individual, listening quietly as he introduced himself with an extended hand. One snap judgement later, the Moros extended his own to Pulp, shaking firmly with the same somewhat-grim look on his scarred face.

"Hephaestus. Thank you." He made a subtle gesture with his head, indicating the room (and by extension, the invitation). He was a full member of the Free Council, trusted enough to keep a few basic secrets (their rote gestures, for one), but his interaction had so far been sparse. Still, he helped. With access to a weak hollow and a willingness to share the tass it produced, perhaps he would integrate more smoothly. Lord knew he needed the help, with his tendency toward quiet interaction and...issues...with some of the more zealous members of the Order.

"Has there been a full list of those intending to arrive?" He found himself expecting a negative. The Free Council seemed the type to not bother, though he had RSVPed. He was interested in knowing how many members were in the area and interested in meeting.

PRE

I looked at the rest of the room for a second, nodding and offering a smile to the newest arrival to the meeting, before turning back to Hephaestus. "I believe that this is either everyone or there might just be one more." I never really had given much thought to the concept of RSVPing, my Warlock paranoia unable to confirm that I'd actually be here in something that was even semi-public and could be hacked. "It'll be nice to have everyone together, hopefully we can come up with a few interesting ideas to get the Council working as a force for good in this Consilium."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread