Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1109) Idun, Rose Hearst

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

The man gave Idun a smile.

"You don't have to be really interested. As long as you understand that books are not your enemies and you know what you can learn from books, it's alright."

Raum couldn't help but smile when he listened to others. It was so grand, it was so casual... Even if they weren't always talking for the sake of casual talk. It really raised his spirits high. And the Hell knew how much he needed it.

But when he heard Aurum... Damn it, that was the best. Really. That girl had guts, she was so direct, so blunt... just perfect. Before he knew, he started to chuckle, the chuckle turned into giggle, and the giggle into laugh in sheer delight.

When he was finally able to contain his joy, he spoke.

"Aurum, you're such a great girl. Care to join my book club?"

And the hell knows what meaning he has on his mind.

"Oh, and on cloak-and-dagger novels, that's the reason I love them so much. They're so short-sighted, so full of mistakes and contortion that they're amusing. And research on the real history is just another thing I enjoy in reading."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Aurum nods in agreement at Rose's assessement. "Oh i agree completely. It is difficult or impossible to find an unbiased account of just about anything. That's when many other factors come into play. The nature of the research, the person researching, if they have any bias, if they have an adgenda to push, finally type of and credibility of source materials all play a part in historical or scientific research. Accepting anything at face value is just asking for trouble or inaccuracies at best."

Frowning slightly she continued, "...and don't get me started on wikipedia, that is heavily slanted to the views of people who are assigned moderators of a topic and only their view or account is allowed to remain. One of my professors had their class try and update information concerning their home city but all the information they posted was removed in favor of some ass hat from 3 states over who replaced it with the original article he wrote. So it isn't really updated by the people as they claim but favors those who are assigned sections of it."

When Raum burst into laughter Aurum watched him for a few moments to try and determine if he was genuinely amused or mocking her. Finally deciding that he wasn't making fun of her, she couldn't help but wonder just what was so funny about what she had said.

"I suppose I could think about it. It would be nice to know what manner of book club it was and what it is they hoped to accomplish or types of work they hoped to study," she said not entirely opposed to his proposition.
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

Idun

PRE

Not all that surprising really. History is always going to be up for dispute. You can research it all you want, even if you find a way to go back in time to interview those people, nothing will keep other people from arguing and belittling it. Idun thinks as this topic brings to her mind to dinner conversations between her parents and their friends.

Idun remarks in a dry tone, "I'm reminded of a joke about three people witnessing the same event and asked about it, never give the same answer."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Rose looked to Raum as he started laughing, which certainly did not have him recheck the entry and exit points of the room, look at all the corners, and rest his weight on the balls of his feat. No, he merely cracked his neck, and then sat up straighter.
    When guardians laugh, it's time to panic.

Rose sees the offer Raum makes to the antagonist, and is quite impressed how quickly he defuses her. He has much to learn it seems.
    "Duly noted about Wikipedia. I too, am curious about your book club Raum, what sort of stories are you interested in for it? Cloak and Dagger? Political Conspiracies? Archeological Thrillers? Or something else?"
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

"I don't know yet, it's in a process of forming. First, I must have people who are going to share their interests with me. People willing to talk with me."

He's sitting calmly and sips his coffee, all cheerful.

OOC

Idun

PRE

"Where do you plan to hold this book club? Here?" Idun asks Raum curiously.

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

"I found a nice place, but I can't get it by myself and I don't think it's worth of the effort to take it on my own."

He looks away for a short moment, seemingly noticing someone familiar, and rises from the table. "Excuse me, I see my friend over here, I just must say hi. If you want some details..."

Raum pauses for a moment, taking some napkins and a pen, thinking what contact to leave them. Work? No, that won't do. Flat absolutely not...

"Leave a message in this kiosk, here's an address, say it's for Mr Viena, if you really want do use a phone this is the number..."

He smiles in apologize as he notes everything on the napkins and goes to Alister (Borgstromancer) and Miach's (Bigpaw) table, waving to Alister.

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

OOC

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Aurum didn't make any comment when the other members of their discussion group where given contact information and she was not. Instead she made mental note.

Then when Qadesh whipped out his Nimbus for sleeper and awakened to encounter she scowled severely as the effect the the supernal contact effected her. She picked up her belongings and stood up.

"Sorry to run but I have a thing to do here,"
    Aurum said to those present before walking to follow those into the private room.
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"It was a pleasure speaking with both of you, i hope to talk to you again."
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.