Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1110) Julianne, Castor and Martha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha, arm in arm with Castor. She finds nothing obviously disturbing in whiff and aroma of gunpowder that lingers around Castor and seems to take care to not exploit his arm holding too much to help her walk.

The tiny Kindred pauses in her limping steps towards Julianne to watch, with wide and attentive eyes, Julianne's knee flexing action and the shine of the Avalon lamp light off Julianne's shoes. Watching in silence, Martha seems to gaze awhile at the shoes once they are placed side by side too. Then, with a smile, she looks up to Julianne's eyes...all cheeriness and respectful nods.

"Ah, a true delight to see you again, Miss Cross! Truly!" she seems most sincere in this, "I must say, your dress is most excellent!" she praises, with a smile, nodding to Castor as if to see if her agrees, before taking the opportunity to introduce him; "Miss Cross, I'd like to introduce you to Mr Castor Drake, a gentleman I hold in regard...Mr Drake, " she continues with the time honoured pattern of introductions, "This is the lovely and elegant Miss Julianne Cross!" a bright smile, she offers Julianne some information to help conversation; "Mr Drake is well travelled across this country, from Salt Lake City to New Orleans! Like yourself, Miss Cross, he too is recently arrived, and like yourself has already made a very positive first impression!" a sincere smile.

"I do hope you are well, Miss Cross!" she continues, all bright and friendly.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

M
    MrBrightside

"Ms. Cross, a pleasure to meet you. The Herald is quite right, you look lovely this evening." He offers a head nod and a smile. Castor's drawl isn't as pronounced as usual, of which he is deeply grateful. His comment to Ms. Cross clearly is a confirmation of the Herald's complement. He isn't trying to hit on the new arrival.

As Martha finishes her introduction, Castor can't help notice a stranger being pulled aside by Lady Twist. He had never met her, but he knew that she was the Prince's Archon. The fact that she was talking to a possibly unacknowledged neonate draws Castor's attention. His head is all that turns, he is careful to keep his body faced forward and not to move his arm. Martha didn't need Castor's support, but since she accepted it was best not to appear discourteous by dragging her around whichever way he moved.

P
    Page

Julianne smiles shortly as the recently arrived gentleman and Martha complient her.

"Your words are much more than what it deserves, these are but the trappings through which i present myself." she answers to both. She seems to sniff gently as she notices the smell of gunpowder and smoke... but appart from that she doesn't seem to mind it to much.

"It is a distinct pleasure to know you Mr. Drake" she makes a courteous bow after Martha presents the man in front of her.

"You know..." she pauses "I find myself in the same predicament that any of us goes through when we arrive a foreign town." she says in a confident tone.

"But thanks to the Madame Herald i have been able to get introduced both to you Mr. Drake and to Miss Sage, our honorable Baillif." She says to Castor.
    She then turns to Martha. "My deepst thanks to you Madame Herald."
    She then turns again to Castor.
    "Did you happen to travel to Chicago Mr. Drake? Was it one of your destinations in one of your many travels?" she inquires in a quiet and polite tone. The other leg flexing gently as if she had been standing for more than just a few minutes.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Matha nods in happy reply to Julianne's words, smiling and clearly delighted to be talking...and listening...to her and Castor.

In this pause, Martha's attentions wander to Julianne's flexed leg...Julianne's shoes, then the flexed leg again before she notes Eric as he was about to talk to her.

Martha nods respectfully, very respectfully, to Twist as she interdicts Eric.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

M
    MrBrightside

His attention drawn back by Julianne's words, Castor shakes his head. "No ma'am. I never had the pleasure of going so far North. The Cardinal traveled almost exclusively in the South. St. Louis, Austin, New Orleans, Jackson. Other cities such as that. When I began the trek to Sacramento, I passed through Denver and Salt Lake City, but not Chicago. I have heard lovely things of the city." He glances back at Twist and Eric. His right hand runs along his left side where his knife usually was. "From what I understand, Chicago had a tradition of a healthy Lancea et Sanctum. That alone would prevent me from visiting the city. Though I could be mistaken." His words are casual and not hostile. Castor tries to make it clear that he means this last statement as something positive.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha made herself watch each blow and rend Twist landed on Eric. Gripping her cane tight as she watches. It was intended, no doubt, as a very public, very unmistakable, lesson.

One Martha paid close attention to.

Her patience had been a mistake. The Alder Prince really didn't tolerate such behaviour. There would be no such leniency in her next time.

Taking a moment to nod an 'excuse me' to Julianne and Castor, Martha curtsied as deeply as she could to Twist at the end of the object lesson in compliance with the Laws of the Domain.

"Oh, if you'll excuse me, please, Miss Cross....Mr Drake," she offers quietly to Julianne and Castor, "as Keeper, I must briefly attend to arranging the deposition of Mr Drag's corpse..." she nods an 'excuse, please' me to Julianne and Castor as she politely beckons over to Daniella... "I hope I can enjoy your company again in a few moments!" she enthuses to Julianne and Castor, with obvious sincerity.

P
    Page

Julianne seems to be quite oblivious to what seems to be going on around her... atleast she seems to look so, she politely ignores the discussions around her... even the most loud ones.

As she listens to Castor's words she raises her left eyebrow slightly... she wasn't sure she had understood what the gentleman in front of her had meant by his words... she seemed genuinely confused for a few moments, and then she composed herself and was about to retort to Castor, a deep breath... and there was that display of physical puisance by the woman that was talking with the loud mouthed damned... no doubt the xerife or an influential hound of sorts had decided to enforce the Prince's law.

Julianne watches the beating, it was over in a few seconds... she was amazed that the woman hadn't ashed the young kindred... perhaps they had other, darker, intentions towards him she thought. Maybe a blood bond and a few years of slave labour to the Prince... or a trial by combat... well a scroll of infinite punishments crossed her mind in a slip of second.
    She definitely didn't want to be in the place of the other recently arrived soul... she hoped she just had that in common with the man laying on the ground... but a seed of doubt took root in her mind.

Julianne listens to Martha excusing herself and acquiesces with a nod, not making any noise or spelling any word... she knew this was not a good time for Martha to get interrupted and politely remained quiet and didn't commented on the spectacle. A timid "sure" was all she decided to say, not because she was shaken, but because she decided to show a polite way out for the Keeper allowing Martha to keep her own sense of propriety intact.

She turns to Castor and resumes in a lower tone.

"Perhaps we should find some other place to continue our conversation..." she says inquiring Castor in a confiding tone to determine if he was shaken by the beating they had just witnessed.

M
    MrBrightside

When Twist began her dance, Castor turned to watch. He stood, face blank both impressed but unsurprised. She was the Prince's Archon, an Elder and a Hound. Such powers were expected. Though, Twist's display was indeed terribly beautiful. As the Kindred's torpid body collapses to the ground Castor turns back to the group. Martha's departure is met with a nod. Official business did not require Castor's arm.

Then turning to Julianne. "Certainly Ms. Cross. Perhaps a place on the sidelines would be more comfortable." Castor points to the couches by the wall. "Unless ma'am you had somewhere else in mind."

M
    MrBrightside

When Twist began her dance, Castor turned to watch. He stood, face blank both impressed but unsurprised. She was the Prince's Archon, an Elder and a Hound. Such powers were expected. Though, Twist's display was indeed terribly beautiful. As the Kindred's torpid body collapses to the ground Castor turns back to the group. Martha's departure is met with a nod. Official business did not require Castor's arm.

Then turning to Julianne. "Certainly Ms. Cross. Perhaps a place on the sidelines would be more comfortable." Castor points to the couches by the wall. "Unless ma'am you had somewhere else in mind."

P
    Page

"No, not at all Mr. Castor, the sofas will do fine." She says as she walks toward the couches after Castor points them out.

"The decoration of the place is most distinct." Julianne says while calmly sitting in one of the couches, her legs crossed after sitting quietly and elegantly, her hands over her knee giving Julianne a distinct posture.

"Perhaps you could enlighten me about the nature of your troubles with the Lancea et Sanctum Mr. Castor." She inquires with a sharp smile while her blue eyes meet Castor's.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread