"Is everything in here?"

"Yes." Jared was holding up a backpack. "The money, the drugs, the gun. All of it is in there."

The older man looked at him for a moment with dead eyes. "Are you sure you want to do this? You got jumped by a religious wacko, but you're still here. You really want to leave?"

Castor was standing between the pair, appearing as nothing but the air. The street was empty, but it was well past midnight, solitude was the idea for this meeting. It was the same alley that Castor had attacked Jared in, and now the boy was trying to get rid of the criminal side of his life. Such a dramatic turn around was rare, and Castor couldn't help but swell with pride at the thought. This boy was turning his life around.

"That religious wacko could have killed me. I woke up the next morning covered in coke and barely able to stand." His voice sounded wary. "I would give up the money for a day job where I know I am safe."

The older man fidgets in place, then takes the backpack and slides it over his shoulder. "There is nothing I can say to make you stay?" The stranger put his hand into his hoodie.

"There really isn't. Thanks for the chance though." Jared offers a weak smile. "Later Boss." The boy turns and walks off down the alley.

Then Castor sees it. The other man's revolver coming out of the jacket. His own hand darts to the knife at his waste, but he doesn't draw it. Do I save you? Would it do you any good. You may not have had the chance to truly repent. It's only been a month. But if I kill this man, they will send more. I'm not a guardian angel. What if you are saved? The longer you live the more temptations you will face. You could wind up damning yourself again. Shit. Shit. SHIT! What do I do? The gun was almost up to firing position. Castor closes his eyes. God forgive what I do this night. I know you test me. That my damnation is to serve a purpose and tonight you are testing my resolve. I pray that you do not lead me astray in that Purpose, that I might grant salvation to those deserving and punishment to those who have warranted it. Let me never falter in that duty. There is the blasting cacophony of gunshots. In the name of Longinus and the Lord Christ. Amen.

With a roar Castor draws his knife, the power of his blood is broken and he is suddenly illuminated in the moonlight. The gunman's look of shock doesn't stop him from taking aim with the revolver. Drawing the knife down on the man's hand, Castor knocks the gun down and out of the man's hand. In the process though, the gun discharges and a single round passes through Castor's knee, splintering bone and shredding flesh. His leg buckles under the impact bringing him down on one knee.

The gunman throws a wild punch glancing Castor's head. When the second punch comes, Castor drives his knife into the man's fist. A pair of severed fingers drop to the ground. Rising from the ground, Castor turns to the killer. Screaming in agony, the gunman throws himself against the wall. "PLEASE!" His voice is a shriek. "Don't kill me...I'm sorry. Please, I'll do anything." He sobs as blood gushes from his hand.

Castor approaches slowly. The knife pointed directly at the killer. "That boy," He points to Jared's corpse. "Begged me for mercy. He deserved it, but not you. You have no honor, no God, and no right to ask forgiveness. So you, can rot in hell. You with every other murderer, I have met and put in the ground over the years."

Castor's knife slices thought the air and slits the gunman's throat, deep and clean. The hysterics from the man cease, and he collapses onto his knees, eyes full of fear, blood flowing freely from the wound. Then finally slumps onto the ground. The Beast pulls Castor towards the fresh blood and it is only through supreme effort that he is able to resist.

Walking away from the scene Castor is filled with regret. Perhaps he could have saved Jared. There is a plethora of "what if" questions running through his head. As his body fades from sight once again he begins to pray. Dear God, grant me the clarity and wisdom to learn from this night. To continue to grow.......

Date Action Roll Result
2011-10-10 18:15:29 Castor Drake rolls 3 to Humanity (10 Again) 2, 9, 2 1 success