Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1110) Eric and Martha

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Eric looks the girl up and down once-over, rubbing his nose with a gloved finger.
    "Eric Drag. Shadow. You said Alder Prince? This city is Invictus ruled?"

He lowers his hands, sliding them in his pockets. His accent places his from New England. His blue eyes take a quick glance to gauge the distance between him and every other Kindred whose Beast he could feel.

"I'm new in town. Lookin' for work. Can we smoke in here?" he asks, pulling out a cigarette from a pack tucked in a pocket inside his coat. He fidgets with it almost anxiously.

Martha was astonished at this display of appalling manners. Wide eyed, she leaned on her cane and takes a silent moment to think.

The small lady hobbles closer to Eric and offers, in a confiding and gentle tone, clearly making an effort to protect the young man's ego and dignity; "Mr Drag...I offer you some sincere and friendly advice, as a fellow Shadow. You seem nervous and have no doubt travelled far; so I shall not be harsh upon your first errors. You may not smoke, sir. It wouldn't be safe. You will kindly address me as Herald and you will find it a great advantage to use a few more 'please' and 'thank you's' in your dialogue with me...your hands in your pockets may be viewed with dismay too...some might not be as lenient as I am at the moment! Mr Drag, you may wish to study this..." seeing he might need to fidget with something, she produces from her tunic jacket pocket a printout of a pdf streetmap of Sacramento on standard issue office paper and offers it gently to Eric with a smile while saying, "The Alder Prince values good manners most highly...as do I. It is an excellent habit to adopt now whilst you have the chance, sir!" a happy smile. Her words are intended to be good, gentle...almost light hearted, advice, not an overwhelming rebuke. A bright smile is offered again, "Now...what manner of work were you seeking, Mr Drag?"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

L
    LivingScarecrow

Eric tucks the cigarette away and takes the streetmap of Sacremento with a small nod and a muttered thanks. Studying the map intently, he continues his conversation.

"Right. Well, Herald, am I wrong in my assumption that Sacremento is Invictus controlled? Also, could you explain whose territory is whose? That's important." He turns the map over a few times, then looks up to Martha. "And as far as my work in concerned, I clean messes." He puts emphasis on the word 'messes', obviously implying Masquerade breaches.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha tucks her cane under an arm and raises her hands in a gentle gesture to try to calm and slow Eric down. "Goodness me, sir! You are eager aren't you!" a smile. "Now...I shall address each of your questions in turn. Yes, this is Invictus Territory. But, before we answer other questions; tell me, please, sir: which city did you most recently travel through before arriving here...and do you intend to stay a while? Do you seek Acknowledgement to dwell in this Domain a while?" a smile. Her cane stays where it is, she rests her hands in front of her. A meek gesture.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

L
    LivingScarecrow

Eric takes another look around the room, his beast within him urging him to assess the threats one last time.

Be wary of these other predators.

Silently chiding his Beast, He looks to the Mekhet in front of him and slows his speech. "My Sire and I were nomadic. I spent a job or two in L.A. and do plan on staying. Moving around gets tiring after a while."

His arms cross (though in no threatening manner) and he taps his arm softly, less impatient and more plain old jittery.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha decides to ask about the Fate of his Sire later. It was, she guessed, probably a sad tale. "Nomadic, eh? Well, I see! A place to settle is important!" she adds with a bright tone and happy smile. "Well, you are welcome! Over there, sir, are the Laws of the Domain!" she directs his attention to them with a gentle hand gesture.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Laws_of_the_Domain

"Please read them before we continue with anything more formal relating to the Acknowledgement!" she takes her cane from her arm, needlessly adjusts her top hat and, with a smile and small hand gesture, invites Eric to follow her over to the Laws. "While we walk, please tell me about yourself. I daresay you are skilled with many other talents too! I should be most interested to hear of them!" a happy smile, intended to sincerely invite Eric to talk a bit about himself as she hobbles to the Laws.

L
    LivingScarecrow

Eric almost walks ahead of her then falls a pace behind. His tattered boots shockingly don't make too much noise as his feet fall.

"Not much to say. I'm a cleaner. It's what I do and what I've done since I was mortal. As far as skills go, I make messes go away. No one can do it better. I don't think thugs are much needed in an Invictus city, so I don't think those skills are required."

When the Laws are in range, he scans over them thrice, making sure he correctly reads them.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha allows Eric time to read the Laws. Privately intrigued by his boldness of statement. Friendly in tone still, she asks; "Those skills can be put to work anywhere, sir. Have you worked for any criminal groups, sir? If you have, you cannot count on my knowing about them. I should be glad to know their name and location! Or have you restricted your work purely to municipal Kindred operations?" Trying to assess if his boldness is fact or fancy and how much of his current demeanour is bravado.

L
    LivingScarecrow

Eric finishes reading the Laws in what seems like too-quick a manner, but as a Shadow, it might just be a knack he has. He looks to Martha and pulls his collar up, straightening it.

"Herald, I'm a freelancer. I have a guy who works with local criminal organizations whenever they need a man taken out or a mess cleaned up. As a service to the greater good of the Undying, I help when possible with Masquerade threatened situations. I don't do anything with mortals but eliminate those who know too much and can't be enthralled. Hard, physical evidence is what I remove."

He says this quickly and tersely. It seems like something he's had to say countless times before in God knows how many other cities. He takes off his aviators to reveal piercing blue eyes and tucks the shades in the inside pocket of his coat.

Martha Villiers

PRE

His terse manner did not impress her at all and her frown was intended to show this. Some might mistake terse responses for a display of professional competence, but usually only in the movies.

"I see, sir." her frown vanishes, her tone brighter. She had no wish to create a scene but his tone needed to be corrected, her tone is quiet. Somehow it remains friendly, "Well, your terse reply and manner towards to my friendly and sensible questions suggests you find something amiss. Your earlier tone I mitigated as nerves and allowed for. Your tone just now I cannot accept. I am Herald, sir. I would welcome a modification in your approach to me, sir, if you wish to remain in this Domain a moment longer and in good standing. I have offered you information and a welcoming hand. Is this your ordinary demeanour, sir? Forthright and to the point? Or is there something amiss that provokes you to be so brusque with me."

She watches Eric closely. Trying to ensure that no violent reaction of his will be missed.

L
    LivingScarecrow

Eric sighs and shakes his head slightly.

"I'm always to the point. There's no reason to beat around the bush when it comes to important matters. All fancy, eloquent words do is get in the way of the point. If that offends you, I'm sorry, but that's how I operate."

His body language reads more relaxed, which took a concious effort on Eric's part.

"As to your assumption on my view on whether something is 'amiss', I'm a strong believer in Murphy's Law, especially on an Elysium. Too much talk and too many Beasts."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread