Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Lucid Dreaming Workshop

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    R
    Red

Sacramento City College | An Evening on Lucid Dreaming with Dr. Charles Lundahl

Hippies, space cases, stoners and the occasional psych student would surely be drawn to such an event. Posted on the chalk board...

The Tools of the Trade for Oneironauts
    1. Dream Journal - (pick one up at the front or just for notes)
    2. Induction Method
    3. Inspiration and Motivation

The Doctor waits for the handful of attendees to file in. He stands leaning to one side with his hand holding onto a square table at the front of the classroom. On that table is a stack of journals and some pens and a friendly handshake for anyone who approaches. He welcomes one young lady with red hair braided all over and ridiculously droopy and tattered clothes...

O
    Ophidimancer

It was still fifteen minutes before he was slated to open the discussions, and people were trickling in slowly. Only a few of the seats were filled, though a small handful of people had congregated around the table in the back of the room drinking coffee out of Styrofoam cups. It was mostly students so far, though a few of the ones drinking coffee were older and unkempt enough to be faculty. A university staff member played with the lighting, making it subtly dimmer and brighter.

A young woman with thick glasses and a braid approached Charles and introduced herself.

“Dr. Lundahl, thank you so much for leading this discussion. I’m Joana Weir, Associate Professor, Anthropology. It’s an honor to meet you. Your work on indigenous traditions is fascinating. So glad you agreed to come here.”

Her tone was nasally, but she was effusive in her praise.

“Tell me Doctor, are you considering a post here at the University?”

R
    Red

Lundahl's one-on-one smile was often goofy and gave clue to his social weaknesses. "...Weir", he manages to satisfy a need to avoid a Ms. or Mrs. prefix correction by sticking to the surname. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Well I don't have an in with any chair holders but... any good word floating around might help me land here", and he tilts his head ever so slightly on the humble hint. "That is of course if you enjoy tonight's exchange."

He gets a bit distracted and tries to wave off the staff member messing with the light fixtures.

"Well I guess I'm being a bit assumptive aren't I? If it's my work in Brazil you wanted to discuss I'm sure I could find some time to visit during your office hours."

O
    Ophidimancer

"Oh I'm sure I'll enjoy tonight's discussion," the mousy woman said, smiling, "and I believe I can put a good word in for you. I don't have any seniority here, but I happen to go antiquing every month with one of the board members, so I can definitely mention it."

At Charles' offer, she blushed, "Oh my .. oh yes I would be delighted to ahh .. pick your brain about your .. studies."

She blinked furiously and stammered a bit over her words.

R
    Red

Her flirtations towards him began to turn his smile devilish at the ends of his mouth. And while he had deep desire to indulge himself whenever he could, tonight's workshop had yet to even begin... so he pressed down on his usual self-interest.

"Later we'll pick my brain then. Tonight, hopefully, we'll open everyone else's. Don't forget to take a dream journal", and he passes one her direction from the table at the front.

He grabs a remote off the podium that he's pushed off to the side of the room and presses a button that lowers a white screen for the projector...

Noctina noticed the strange runes on the poster by complete fluke, she couldn’t make them out due to the resolution of the printing but they appeared to be atlantean and corresponded to the astral. She took out her iPhone and took a picture of the symbols and sent it to Aenigma in a text with the time and location of the workshop.

Noctina was standing out side of the entrance to the workshop, she wore her glasses and this time was in more scholarly attire, although still quite a young and hip style and showed off her subtle curves by hugging her figure. She would take a deep breath before entering. On her currectly was a mind sight and her space armour, like most reclamants she was slightly paranoid, she often took advantage of people’s unpreparedness and she did not want that happening to her.

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-19 22:11:10 Mind Sight rolls 4 to gno + mind + HS - 2 duration (10 Again) 4, 9, 9, 3 2 successes
    Remove end dice due to double post on dice roller accidently

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-19 22:13:58 space armour rolls 5 to space + gno + HS - 2 duration 10, 1, 2, 8, 3 2 successes

As she entered she would remain quiet, pick up a dream journal and go with the flow not drawing too much attention to herself, she would sit and wait for the slide show to present itself whilst also scanning the room for any magic that was present with her mage sight.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma's phone vibrated a couple of times in his pocket while he was reading. He checked it and saw it was a text message. It was actually a picture, but he couldn't make out what it was due to the low resolution. However, he trusted Noctina's instinct, after all she was a Mystagogue like himself.

Aenigma took a cab to Sacramento City College and the place that Noctina had given him. On his way to the workshop he stopped at one of the restrooms and after making sure he was by himself he muttered a few words and channeled the Supernal through him as he worked his magic.

Magickz

Once he was done he walked towards the room the Lucid Dreaming workshop was being held at. Aenigma was wearing his usual getup, consisting of a pair of jeans, a button down shirt and a blue jacket. He also had his messenger bag with him. As he stepped through the door he scanned the room and noticed Noctina sitting amongst the attendees. He made his way through the crowd and took the seat to her left.

"Hey, fancy seeing you here." He laughed and winked at her playfully.

Noctina would smile pleasantly as Aenigma appeared, things were about to get started and she didn’t want to interrupt the man that was leading the meeting. Instead of speaking she would jot down what she wanted to say in the dream journal she was given at the front door.

“So… Did you get a look at those atlantean runes? Do you have an idea what they mean, it went over my head but it seemed to be astral related… Now a Lucid dreaming workshop I think something is up.” The journal said as she showed it to Aenigma, she would immediately cross out what she wrote once he read it. She was glad that he made it, this was more his area of expertise and the fact that he made it over here in only 15 minutes was impressive as well.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma smiled back at her as he sat down. He watched as Noctina wrote something in her journal and proceeded to read it. Once she had scratched it out, he brought out his own notebook from his bag and began writing on it. Once he was done writing he showed Noctina what he had written down:

The picture you sent me wasn't very clear. Atlantean runes? Hmm, that sounds intriguing. How the heck did those show up here? Good catch by the way! We will have to find out where the runes came from, and how they managed to show up on a poster for a workshop on lucid dreaming. I don't really believe in coincidences, fate has brought us here for a reason.

Once she had finished reading the message, he ripped out the page and crumbled it up. He began to scan the room, looking to spot any signs of Supernal influence amongst the attendees. Knowledge is power...and this kind of power must not fall into the wrong hands.

R
    Red

The Doctor nods friendly greetings to the new participants and flicks the lights off while he plays this short video clip as an intro...

When he rolls up the screen and flicks the lights back on he addresses the audience...

"You will spend more time sleeping than in the company of your spouse and all your lovers. More time sleeping than in the grocery market, reading, or participating in your favorite hobby. When I was just a bachelor studying in school it was my desire to turn this time into something useful that made me seek out lucid dreams... I was told by my mentor I could use the time to practice studying in front of crowds to become a better speaker...

What I found when I arrived there was a playground of the mind that changed my life forever. To those who call us escapists I say Nay! There are a thousand reasons you may be here tonight to expand your mind... everything from chasing carnal pleasures to expelling nightmares...

But surely we all have a dream that has haunted... or joyously followed us through life. Maybe you only had it once and it was THAT powerful... maybe it is a reoccurring dream... but I'd like you to take a moment to try to remember this dream... maybe write it down and share it with us.. Please give your name as well."

Lundahl takes a moment to open a passage from a book he has on the podium while they chew it over. [Anyone who wishes to share first please do, assume he calls on you and then the next until it seems no one else is willing]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.