Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1110) Ariana and Josephine

I
    Irina

QuoteQuote:
    "Good evening, Harpy Donovan," she greeted, as Ariana approached her.

Reflexively, as the compliment was given, Doctor Powell glanced down at the dress. The smile remained, and she did look relatively pleased. "Thank you," the Haunt shrugged in a languid manner. "I...think I've shopped more in the last week than I ever did in a year of living," she laughed shortly. Before long, she was going to need to pick up a little business attire as well, but that could come after the more important things on her list.

"I have to...grudgingly admit, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. How has the evening been keeping you?" Josephine enquired.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Smiling kindly to all that greeted her, the Lordess turned her attention to Josephine keeping an eye on what was going on in the hall. Especially Jillian and Alice, whose dress was rather questionable.

Ariana laughed slightly. "If I do any shopping at all, I have done so on the internet." She tapped her cheek slightly in thought. "Perhaps I could join you some time. I have not been shopping since New York. Even when I was there, I rarely did such."

Smiling to realize that Josephine also did not seem fond of shopping, Ariana mentioned. "If it is not as bad as it seems, perhaps it would be more enjoyable with some good company." Answering the Haunt's other question. "This evening has been splendid so far. Although I see we have more new people again this evening." Gesturing with her head to the two gentlemen who walked in.

I
    Irina

"I...still need to get to grips with the...internet," Josephine answered, in that sort of dubious tone that suggested it was an entity that would remain a mystery for some time to come. She would have to try it eventually, but that would require her to acquire a computer. And to develop a greater desire to do so.

"But...another shopping expedition wouldn't be so bad. I find if there's a...relaxing period in between trips, it's made more bearable," the Haunt added, her expression showing obvious amusement. She would have to buy a few more items - her new wardrobe looked decidedly bare at the moment.

She peered around, sighting out the newcomers. It wasn't so long ago that she was one of them. "Ahh, I'm sure they'll settle in sooner or later."

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana saw two Acolytes walk in, one right after the other as she listened to Josephine. She had heard the tone in the Doctor’s voice and smiled a little. “If you are ever interested in dabbling on the computer, I can certainly show you a few things.”

Nodding to the shopping mention Ariana spoke. “I am sure I could find something I may need. I hear some people go shopping for fun. Perhaps because it is not suited for me, I do not see the overwhelming enjoyment of such a thing.” She laughed quickly. “Is there anything in particular you will be looking for Whip Powell?” The Ventrue realized she was having a conversation she never thought she would have with another woman. Maybe this was a sign that the outing would be interesting.

I
    Irina

Despite her reticence on the subject of computers, Josephine did seem genuinely pleased by the offer of aid. "I'm sure it can't be all that...difficult. I've simply never had the need to learn. But...desires change," she admitted simply.

She had known one or two people who shopped for fun; and until recently it had remained one of those...mysterious excursions that the good Doctor remained at a loss about. The Haunt smirked, more than a little. She too, found it amusing that of all topics shopping was the conversation she had engaged the Harpy in.

"Ahh...something that doesn't make me appear to be a clown?"
    she offered.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana’s eyes met @Conner Greyson ’s as he nodded to her and went to his usual location. Shaking her head a little she smiled to Josephine. “No, it is not that difficult once you look at a few things. I am sure you would pick it up in a snap.” She said as she snapped her fingers quickly for fun.

“I would not think you appeared to be a clown any time I have seen you.” She smiled. “I am sure we will find something interesting.” Her eyes shifted at a conversation not far from them with the Herald speaking to someone new. The Lordess tilted her head in gesture to them. “I do wonder at times why some are particularly rude. Do they think it will get them somewhere other than the alternative?” Ariana did not want to say ash or torpor out loud, but it was definitely implied. "He may find himself in part of town he would rather not be." The Harpy said as she shook her head.

I
    Irina

Doctor Powell followed Ariana's gaze, to let it fall upon the impetuous Kindred she spoke of. And eyebrow arched, and she snorted lightly. "Maybe he wants to be in that part of town, and needs quick directions," she suggested, her voice faintly amused. "Perhaps I've been in...too strict an environment before, but...I would never have gotten away with that kind of attitude..."

Her attention returned to the Harpy. "Of course, I expect he'll learn very quickly that it won't be tolerated here, either."

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Oh of course he will. Or he will pay the consequences I am sure.” Ariana shook her head a little. The Lordess wondered why people waltzed into town with such a sense of entitlement sometimes. It was beginning to look very bleak with some of the new people. Her brow also rose as she saw Judex Twist conversing with the neonate.

“Whip Powell, it seems that I keep hearing my name. Perhaps you and I should have a better discussion at a later date. I would enjoy doing a little shopping with you as well. Should we get together later this week, if you are free?” Arianna asked with a smile. Perhaps they could finally talk privately. “I believe you have my number. If not, I will certainly provide it for you.”

I
    Irina

"Certainly," Doctor Powell agreed, and inclined her head slightly. "I'll look forward to it. Until then, duty does tend to call most often when you're relaxing. Have a good evening," she bid politely.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.