*The Reeve sends a hand written letter to the Daeva Whip, inviting her to stop by his office when she was free to discuss the issue of Deputy appointments. Well, he actually has Sam write the letter, and take care of it's delivery. Max's handwriting is atrocious...

When Alice does find time to hunt down the Reeve, he's in his office; looking over a summery of the events concerning the Brides.*

Not long after Alice received the letter she makes her way to the Reeve's office. She was happy to hear from him after all. Since her big friend Sidor was already appointed, she couldn't stay behind in the developments. After a short knock she waits for permission to come in.

As soon as she sees Max Heinz she makes a curtsy. 'Reeve Heinz, a good evening.'

*Max makes his way to the door, opening it and bowing his head to the female Daeva.* Good evening, Whip Brown. Thank you for coming by tonight. Do come in... *The Reeve steps back, motioning with his free arm for Alice to go in first.

A large desk sets at one end of the office, with a smaller one setting nearby. An well-worn, brown leather couch sets against one wall; Max steering the Daeva towards the larger of the two desks. A pair of high-backed office chairs set facing each other, Max motioning to Alice to take the one in front of the desk as he spins the chair around to face her, holding it so it doesn't move as she sets.*

Please, make yourself comfortable. *Max waits for Alice to take her seat, then moves around the cherry wood desk to take his own. Once there both seated and comfortable, Max addresses Alice with a slight smile.* I won't take up too much of your time, Whip Brown. I've been looking over reports of the excitement we've had recently in the city... *Max motions to a few nondescript manila folders stacked on one side of his desk.* It seems you've had some very busy nights lately...

With a smile Alice makes her way to the seat and nods to to show her appreciation. She spins the chair back to the desk and places her folded hands on top of it. 'Please Reeve Heinz, take all the time you need for this matter. One of the advantages of being my own boss is that I decide when I'm free to work on more important things such as this.'

Her eyes shortly gaze over the folders, but soon return to look at Max. 'Indeed, between all the more pleasant events I remembered a certain case Anton Flores worked on. Since I didn't believe it was solved I tried to organize something with Dillon Connery, the Savage Priscus. I am not the only one who was already familiar with some rumors regarding the Brides. Well, those aren't good rumors. I don't believe they can do any good to our Domain.'

*Max nods in agreement as Alice speaks.* Yes, I'm concerned about these "Brides" as well. And while it is a matter that will be dealt with very soon, they're not the reason I invited you here tonight.

As you know, the Domain is currently short one Deputy. While talking with certain individuals about the matter, your name was mentioned, as well as you involvement with the Brides situation. As I've never had a chance to talk to you other than socially,I thought it best to speak with you about the matter in private.

So, Whip Brown, have you ever given any thought to joining our city's Thin Blue Line?
*Max leans back slightly, giving Alice a little more space; he didn't want the woman to feel crowded or rushed into answering. Instead, the Reeve sets patiently, waiting for her reply.

The silence is only short, a smile appears as Alice answers, 'Well, in all honesty it isn't the first position I would think of when I could give myself one. However, I have thought about it, especially since Mister Deputy Greyson informed me that I was one of the names mentioned.'

She pauses a moment, her second answer taking more thought. 'After some more thoughts I found out I might suit the position. I mean, I have great admiration for Alder Prince Clarke and his reign over the Domain. Next to that, the powers of my blood might be a great addition to those already within the Thin Blue Line as you call it.'

*Max laughs softly.* I think we'll both agree, between myself and the two Deputies, we lack a certain amount of social dexterity. Having a charming socialite to smooth over more public functions would be a valuable addition.

*The Reeve quickly returns to a more serious mood.* I'm prepared to offer you the position, Whip Brown. But before you accept, I want to make sure you're taking the job for the right reasons. Gratitude to Prince Clarke can be expressed in many ways. As a Deputy you will be putting your Requiem in peril; Sacramento is a very lively place.

*Max holds his hands up, clarifying his previous statement.* It's not that I doubt your abilities or sincerity, Whip Brown. I just want you to be fully aware of what the position requires.

'Please believe me Reeve Heinz,' the answer comes directly, Alice doesn't need to think about this. 'There are only a few beings in this world where I would give my Requiem for, but Alder Prince Clarke is one of them. Also he is aware of this, so you could ask him.' The Daeva smiles lightly, her tone doesn't even come near to threatening or reproachful. It was just the truth.

'I think I am fully aware of the theory regarding this position, thank you.'

Your loyalty is commendable, Whip Brown. *Max says simply. There was no sarcasm in his voice, he was making an honest assessment of the woman's feelings. Of course, Max wasn't going to ask the Prince. Alice seemed to be a touchy subject with Clarke, and Max knew better then to throw rocks at a hornet's nest.

Well, you can't say I didn't warn you... *Max answers with a playful smile.* Welcome aboard, Deputy Brown. I'll let the Harpy know to make the appropriate announcements...

*The Reeve's smile quickly fades, returning to the business at hand.* Now, about these Brides. I think it's time we do something about them...