Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Investigating a Reporter

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

PRE

Jack arrives at the location the reporter's boss supposedly worked. Getting out of his blue Corolla, he sends out a few texts to Pulp Noir, Qadesh, and Lux to see where they are at in coming, then switches back to iTunes to listen to some more Nightwish while he waits.

Finally, I've got some backup for this thing... the mystagogue thinks. Then, with a smirk, he inwardly jokes, It's dangerous to go alone, so I'll take this.

O
    Ophidimancer

A polite tap on the passenger side window of his car alerted Jack to the presence of someone standing on the sidewalk. Smiling in at him was Qadesh, dressed business-bland, as nondescript as a cheap suit could make him.

OOC

PRE

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-07 14:11:42 Pulp Noir rolls 7 to Supernal Vision ( wits, occult, prime ) (10 Again) 7, 7, 3, 8, 9, 7, 5 2 successes
    2011-10-07 13:53:44 Pulp Noir rolls 11 to Mental Shield ( Rote + HS, Mana spent for full day duration ) (10 Again) 9, 1, 6, 4, 9, 9, 7, 7, 3, 6, 10, 2 4 successes

I received that text from Jack and after making sure I was mystically prepared I made my way over to the meeting point in order to get this investigation started. Given that we'd probably want to blend in, I'd dressed in a pair of black dockers slacks and a dark casual dress shirt, which when combined with my white and average middle class appearance, makes me appear like I should be around an office building, government building, university or pretty much most places in this town. Hey sometimes not being as buff and hot as say Mike or Q has it's advantages.

Speaking of Q, I catch sight of my fellow Warlock standing near a car in the area Jack said to meet at. So looks like this is the place.

Or things are about to get really, really awkward.

PRE

Jack stands away from the hood and waves in greetings. "Hey guys," he says, pausing his music and then exiting out of the app. "So, how do we want to go about this? Friends of the reporter, wanting some of the pictures ourselves? Or some other approach."

Lux

PRE

Lux hurried off a bus a block down from where Jack, Q, and Pulp were talking and after glancing around for a few moments she spotted the trio and headed over. She was clad in a simple black pant-suit with a white blouse and her hair was tied back in a ponytail, which gave a mousy-yet-serious cast to her features. She had had to rush to get herself ready and to the location in a timely fashion, but she felt more than prepared for what they were about to do. Being able to bend the might of the supernal realms to her will did instill a certain measure of confidence, after all, and the weight of two spells tied into her Pattern served as a constant reminder of this.

"Hey, sorry for being late,"
    she called, striding up to the group. "We're discussing our approach? Oh, good, I've been thinking that over. I thought that maybe we could go on the premise of having a complaint. Like, if we said we represented owners of private property that was videotaped without permission; if we represented people who were videotaped without permission and we wanted to ensure our clients faces were blurred out, OR if we had a complaint about the conduct of the reporter herself? That should give us a suitable reason for being there," she explained, brushing escaped strands of hair behind one ear. "But then again, maybe it's best to keep everything simpler. If we find out that the boss isn't just a Drowsy person, and I'll be able to tell, why don't we just approach them directly?"

Spells
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

O
    Ophidimancer

"Hey Lux!" greeted Qadesh.

"Hmm ..." he murmured at Lux's suggestions, "this may just be the Warlock in me talking, but what do you think about just watching her for awhile before we try and approach her? We can go in under some veils and maybe sniff some things out before we break cover. I could make us seem really uninteresting and maybe you could make our auras look like Sleepers, in case her boss takes a peek?"

OOC

PRE

I greet Lux with a smile, a gesture that possesses a bit more ... ah happiness ... than my usual polite smile and nod that most people get. "Hey, don't worry you made it in time." I turn my attention back to the conversation about tactics that Jack and Q were having and that Lux had added her two cents to. "I agree with Q, lets play it cool for now and just observe the situation. See if the Boss has anything magical up, get a feel for the for the situation and play things based on that information."

PRE

I'm telling you, the reporter is innocent! the mystagogue thinks before a small sigh to defuse himself. After a little thought, he says, "Hmm... I'm fine with that course of action."

Jack then drops his current Sight and focuses on bringing forth a combined Imago of the strings of Fate displaying themselves to him and aiding him in times of peril, and then hiding their presence on his person.

Bookkeeping

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

The day is cooler than normal, and the streets around the newspaper office is busy already. People are moving in and out of the office door which seems to reside just down stairs from a rather busy store of some kind. They are connected by a single door.

There is a doggy door.
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

O
    Ophidimancer

Casting out into the waters of consciousness surrounding them, Qadesh whispered in an ancient tongue and soothed the ripples the four of them sent out, making them bland and nondescript. Th effort left him a bit tired and he frowned.

"Well that won't cover up much, so we'll just have to be extra sneaky."

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-08 13:35:53 Qadesh rolls 7 to Mind3+Gno3+HS2-4(4targets) (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 3, 2, 4, 3, 9, 5 1 success

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread