Early the next evening; Jennifer placed a call to Baliff Sage.

"Hello Miss Sage," She greeted, keeping a mind to the Masquerade. "I was wondering if
you had some time this evening. I had a few questions about the next Meeting."

"Good Evening Ms. Hazelton!" she returned the greeting, her voice friendly. "My evening is free actually, and I would be more then happy to answer any questions I can. Did you want to meet somewhere?"

"How about Avalon?" Jennifer suggested. "That way we can speak freely. I was hoping to
talk to you more about our roles."

"Avalon sounds like a great place. What time works best for you?" she asks, she was looking forward to talking with
Jennifer.

"How about an hour?" She suggests. "I haven't found a vehicle yet.."

"A hour works just fine for me." she smiles, understanding not having a car yet, "I have found
myself in the same situation. I will see you there and look forward to talking with you."
her tone honest.

"Excellent! "
Jennifer hangs up the phone and opens her messenger bag; removing items that could be weapons and adding a note pad and pen. She walks
south for nearly twenty minutes before hailing a taxi; her desire to have no record of where she dwelled prevailing. Jennifer arrived a bit early and entered Avalon; setting at a table, angling her chair to face the entrance.

(Her outfit http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14...62_d307276.jpg
+ this scarf

The Nosferatu removes the note pad and pen; beginning to doodle in the margins as she waits.

Daniella makes her way into the Avalon, and quickly spots Jennifer. Smiling, she makes her way to the table, "Good evening Ms. Hazelton! I hope I haven't kept you waiting." she sees that the young woman came prepared, always a good thing to see. "I hope you have been well." her tone nothing but friendly, she was excited Jennifer called her, not many people had requested to see her.

"Good evening, Balif. Oh no; I always like to over estimate the time it will take me to arrive." Jennifer replied; standing as the Balif approached. She gave the
woman a respectful nod.

"Don't you look lovely." She remarked. "I hope its not too forward of me to say so. I've just recently gotten into shopping for our Kindred affairs; so I'm taking
note of well dressed ladies such as yourself."

As Jennifer finished; her voice plummeted to a valley.
"She massaged her throat a moment. " The Curse asserts itself. Thank you for meeting with me. I was hoping we could talk a bit about the
next meeting. I don't want to make a fool of myself."

She leans in; murmuring the last sentence quietly.

Daniella smiles and gives Jennifer a respectable nod in return. "I tend to be early for things myself. I have this fear of being late that seems to move me." her smile widens as Jennifer compliments her on her dress, "Oh thank you! Very kind of you to say. Though I do love the color and cut of yours, it flatters you very nicely." she laughs in a friendly manner, "Not too forward at all. Have you found any interesting shops? I haven't gotten to shop much, just being using what I had brought with me." she motions to the table,"Oh, you're more then welcome! I look forward to working with you and getting to know you better." taking a seat and inviting Jennifer to do the same. "I don't see how you would make a fool out of yourself! I found your knowledge to be quite useful and insightful." her tone honest, "And this will be one of my first times working with a group of this size. Most of my experience comes from working alone or with one maybe two others. What questions did you have? Perhaps we can ease each others concerns about the next meeting." she crosses her legs and leans in, eager to answers any questions and try to understand the womans concerns.

Daniella listens, hearing the pause, she decides not to push the subject of shopping for events. "I am not sure who has the ability to hide their Beasts and who doesn't. Most of my interaction with them has been within Court and the Avalon." she stops to think, "Though it would be something useful for us to know. We don't want those who cannot hide their Beast too close to the building. If you don't mind me being honest, going in to do recon is not the best time to be coy with ones abilities. There is a matter of safety for all. And that concerns me, I don't want a recon turning into a battle we are not prepared for." she smiles at the question, she appears to remembering her time back in England, "I don't mind. Most of my investigations have been done back home. I have not done any here yet. But my Sire trained me to obtain items for him. Usually entailed doing a recon on the place, seeing what I would be up against. When I recon a place it is for exits and entrances, as well as anyone standing guard or what not. I can break into a place, and would usually do that if the item or information I need was small enough to hide on myself. My Sire also trained me in solving or figuring out odd things people write, Enigmas if you may. If my Sire wanted information and knowledge, then I would use my charms to get it." she shrugs her shoulders and shifts her attention to Jennifer, "I hope that answered your question, my investigations mainly revolved around obtaining things and information for my Sire." Daniella felt it was vital to include some of her own skills with her investigation work, hoping it would help ease Jennifers concerns. "I would love to hear of your investigations! You seem to have a knack for computers, which is valuable skill all on its own."

Jennifer nods.
"I agree with you, We need to be able to rely on our team members to perform to the best of their ability.
I am not well versed in conflict; and fear I wouldn't give a good account of myself if we make a misstep and are discovered."

Jennifer confides quietly.

"Thank you," Jennifer replies; surprised at the compliment.
"I was attending school for information systems prior to my Embrace. I strive to keep myself up to date; and always am willing to help the domain with any computing issue if you hear of one." She offers.

"I've mostly worked on observation; myself. Monitoring locales for my elders; that sort of thing. Nothing very glamorous or
taxing.."
Some concern s evident in her expression.
"I find myself curious about how team members; their contributions..." She leans in; her ruined voice soft.
"I fear that I may have upset Mr. Connery and Madame Brown. I do hope to smooth over any offense I may have offered at our second meeting.
I don't suppose you know about this distraction they mentioned? Perhaps we could assist with it."

Daniella listens, making mental notes when needed, "If you don't mind my asking, what is your experience with conflict? I only ask so that if it came up, I would better know how to assist. But don't feel you have to tell me anything you don't feel comfortable with." she smiles, knowing that everyone needs to keep their own secrets. "Do you still attend classes to keep yourself up to date?" she was very interested, for she knew a little about computers, the basics pretty much. Her smile widens, "It may not seem glamorous, but it does sound interesting. You should give yourself more credit!" her tone sincere and friendly. Not all the Elders she had met in her time could work a computer, heck, Seth didn't even know what it was. "I'm sure your skills will be very useful to the domain and I will definitely keep my ears open." she pauses and thinks about the team. She didn't know much of the others, but the idea of a distraction worried her. "How do you think you have upset them?" she thinks, "I'm afraid I only learned of the distraction when you did. Though, to be honest, I do wonder how a distraction works into a recon mission. I hope at the next meeting we can learn more, and see if a distraction is really necessary. In my experience no distraction is needed until the information and intelligence has been gathered and a plan of entrance established." she pauses, deciding on her next words, "But Madam Brown and Mr Connery seem very capable, and I look forward to hearing more about it and their plan." though I do worry about what the true motives behind the recon are. "Perhaps at the next meeting we should establish the skills of the other members, find out what this distraction is, why it is needed, and make our plans from there?" her question honest, she really was asking Jennifer for her input, Daniella felt everyones opinion matter and should be heard. She frowns slightly, "I'm sorry I haven't had the answers you were looking for."

Jennifer smiles at Daniela's question. "It's all right, I don't mind your curiosity." She replies.
"How can we expect the others to be straight forward about their abilities and not divulge our own? To be honest; I have tried very hard to
avoid all conflict.
I am currently training in how to fight physically. I've learned a smidgen,"
She makes a 'small amount' pinch with her index finger and thumb.
"-but I would likely draw upon the powers of my Blood were I attacked."

"Yes, I've made arrangements in town to keep up to date," Jennifer nodded, her thoughts ticking towards her herd of computer
students.

"Well, before I made the mistake about needing an authority figure, " She winced, hating reliving the moment of her stupidity.
"I was very vocal about how I thought the plan could be improved. My idea of radios sort of dismissed Miss Brown's idea about using a cell phone, and whatever she meant by her and Mr. Connery being contact points. "

Jennifer nodded at Daniela's points. "I agree about the distraction. I asked about it twice; but no one answered me. Perhaps we can see
what it is at the nextmeeting."

She laughs at Daniela's apology, shaking her head to show she was being self deprecating.
"No, Balif, the fault is mine. I should have realized that we were equally informed. "

Daniella nods, "We can't expect them to be honest, but we can hope that they are. Being as we are, I hope, on the same team and helping the domain, I would hope everyone would be honest. To function efficiently as team we need to trust each other, and I hope everyone knows that. Maybe it is something I can mention, in a friendly way that is." she listens as Jennifer speaks of training, "It is always good to know how to defend yourself, one never knows if the blood will fail. But, I prefer to avoid a fight if I can. If I can charm my way out of a conflict I will." she smiles, "But not many expect a woman to be able to physically defend herself." she adds a friendly wink. She had encountered a few men who were more then surprised to have her kick their ass. She tilts her head, observing the young woman, "I found your suggestions to be very helpful and on point. Radios, though I haven't used them a whole lot, make more sense and would be easier to use. Pardon my ignorance on them, but if they can be voice activated, that frees a hand. Not knowing what we will find, I would rather have both my hands free if a problem came up." she smiles warmly, "In order to work well as a team we need to communicate, and if one has ideas that might help, then we should hear them. I have a feeling others had concerns as well but were not comfortable voicing them, so I, for one, am glad you did! It opened a lot of eyes, and though it requires some extra planning, it may be for the better. I think everyone is anxious to get out there and get started, but sometimes we need to stop and examine things before running in." she has a good ideas, and was sorry she felt bad for voicing them. If the others were upset, so be it, you could not please everyone, and with younger vampires in the group, Daniella was concerned with safety and making sure everyone understood things.
She nods and smiles, "No ones fault! There was a lot of confusion and a lot of new people. I only hope we have less confusion at the next meeting."

"I agree," Jennifer nodded. "In this instance, we need to rely on one another and have an accurate idea of who can do what.
Surprises may arrive quickly; and we should be able to plan for if we're discovered."

As Daniela continued; Jennifer brightened.
"Thank you. I was getting the impression that I was a bit too vocal."
At the mention of radios; Jennifer brought up her messenger bag; reaching within and bringing out a radio and headset.

"I brought yours," She shared, handing the radio and ear piece to Daniela.
"They're voice activated, so you just speak into the mic and it transmits."

Jennifer nodded. "I think the Deputy is calling the next meeting; so I expect it to be orderly."

As Jennifer talks, Daniella can see her quickly rising within the Domain. She is bright, talented and well spoken, Daniella hoped she would go far.
"By knowing each others strengths and weaknesses, we can better setup groups." she lowers her voice, "Those with Auspex should be grouped with those who don't have it, if we divide those strengths, I feel we will succeed.
But we need to divide them in a smart way."
she smiles at Jennifer, "Which is why I am glad you spoke up.
It gave us the chance to think. And we now have some well thought out ideas."
she accepts the radio and ear piece, looking at
them, "Thank you! I look forward to using them, though you will have to show me how to turn it on and all that." she laughs, she needed to get herself caught up on technology soon. Seth didn't like using it, so her ability was limited, but she was eager to learn.
"I look forward to having the Deputy there and hearing his thoughts on the plan. A little order will be a nice change."

"That's a clever idea," Jennifer admitted. "How many teams could we form with
those requirements?"

"I'd be glad to show you," Jennifer replied.

"Yes, his thoughts..." Jennifer smiled, "Have you heard of the other investigations
that Deputy Greyson headed? I have heard that he's very though."

She takes a moment to think, thinking of who was at the meeting. "Well, it depends how many we want a the teams. I
think it comes down to can do what, and how many teams we want. There are still a lot of unknowns right now, so I can't say for sure how many teams."
she pauses to think. If she counted right, there would be eight of them, if it was decided they needed eight. That
left four teams of two, or two teams of four, but not knowing who could what made it difficult. Her face brightens, "I look
forward to learning how to use it!"
her tone eager, it was clear she enjoyed learning.

"I'm afraid I have not." she looks down, lowers her voice, "I'm embrassed to say that I don't
a lot about my Prisci,"
looking at Jennifer, a small smile, "Something I do hope to take care of soon. Though I
have heard he is very capable and good at what he does. I am looking forward to working with him."

Jennifer listens to Daniela with interest; making an emphatic face when she says she doesn't know a great deal of her Priscus.
"I get the feeling that he's a hard man to get a read on." She offers as a means as to why; giving Daniela a guilt free 'out' of
discussing it in this discussion.
"The Deputy - Regent is in the First Estate... as you are," Jennifer hazarded; tilting her head at Daniela.
"- and there is a meet coming up. Perhaps you could remedy that at the meeting? Unless there are a few matters to discuss before socializing..."
She gives Daniela a smile.
"If its not too bold; may I ask after who sponsored you within the First Estate?"

Daniella takes a moment to cross her legs, allowing her a chance to think. She was intrigued by the question of who sponsored her. Taking a quick look around, "That is an interesting question, and I don't mind answering. My father was of the First Estate, and I was brought in by him." she smiles, looking at Jennifer. "And I hope to have a chance to speak with The
Deputy before the meeting, touch base and what not."

Jennifer nodded slowly. "It was my Grand Sire who began my tutelage on the First;" She confided. "I hope to have a chance to put it to use." The Nosferatu regards the Mekhet for a moment. "Would you mind sharing who seems particularly well suited to the First Estate among the Invictus here? I've heard that sponsorship is exclusive. Have many been sponsored in the last few months?"

Daniella nods, understanding the question more now. "Being new to the Domain, this will be my first meeting. I am not
up to date as to who has been sponsored."
she pauses, "I believe any Covenant would be privileged to have
you."
she was being honest, seeing the young woman had much to offer, "I would say Deputy and Harpy
Regent Donovan would be excellent people to speak with on the matter. Both being well suited, and well respected within the Domain."

Jennifer brightens at this news; a genuine look of pleasure on her face before she smooths it away. "Thank you,
Balif."
She replies pleasantly; flattered. "I take it that meetings of the First do not happen very often?"

"You are most welcome!" she tilts her head, "I can't say for sure how often the First Estates meet. I am sure, like most Covenants, things come up that prevent meetings. Though I am looking forward to this meeting and seeing how it is run." She wasn't sure if meetings were different here then back home, and Seth had only allowed her to attend a few
meetings when it suited him.

Jennifer nods slowly; privately wondering how best to impress members of the First when getting them together would be so seldom.

"Madame Brown is a member of the First; isn't she?" She inquired. "Do you know
if associating with non - First Estate is frowned upon? I know that in San Diego; they were expected to be proper and respectful before any member of the Kindred populace."

A slight nod, "I believe Madame Brown is a member." Daniella was not sure if things were different here, so
she chooses her words carefully, "I believe being proper and respectful is a good way to earn respect of those Kindred
around you, and should always be practiced. The First Estate prides itself on being well spoken and educated, something that I don't see
being a problem for you."
referring to how Jennifer has been conducting herself.

"I thank you for your kind words," Jennifer replied; sincerely. "I am ill used to
speaking so often with Kindred. My sire was reclusive; and imposed such restrictions upon me. "
She shook her head. "I look forward to finding out more information," She shares. " No doubt the outcome of the
meeting shall ripple to those of us not included."
She pauses at the last few sentences; as though hesitant to say them.

Daniella understands all to well a difficult Sire, hers more cruel then reclusive, "I only tell you what I have observed, and you have a lot of potential!" she looks sad, "I understand. I did not socialize with a lot of people while with my Sire. My interactions were only when I was
attempting to obtain something for him. Perhaps we can both work on our social skills together!" she hadn't anyone to confide in, and
having someone else awkward in social gathers was a relief, "Maybe the Deputy is someone to speak to if you wish to be included at the
meeting?"

"I'd like that," Jennifer replied, with a genuine smile. "I hope to see you at the
meeting; Baliff. Thank you for taking the time to meet with me."

Daniellas smile widens, "Thank you for wanting to see me! I hope I was able to help. Please, contact me if you need
anything."
her smile friendly, "I look forward to see you there and working with you."