Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Looking for Trouble

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    C
    C_Lloyd

Sometimes, you just gotta scratch an itch.

Coldsnap hadn't done much of anything since his arrival in Sacramento, save for meet a few people, and do a bad job of looking for work. His need for getting involved and "saving the world" was constantly growing - but it's a new city, and he didn't want to cause trouble... until now. Before leaving, he prepares himself...

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-04 10:27:57 Coldsnap rolls 4 to Rolling to Activate Read Matrices (10 Again) 6, 4, 9, 3 1 success
    2011-10-04 10:26:30 Coldsnap rolls 4 to Casting: Unseen Shield (10 Again) 9, 2, 2, 4 1 success

He stepped out of the room in which he was staying and closed his eyes - using his magical prowess to tap into the local police band radio. Maybe, just maybe, he could help save a life, or stop a robbery. He wasn't extremely good with magical things yet, but he would learn. He focuses his mind and listens out for the police bands. It takes him a while before he finally is able to do it properly.

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-04 10:35:21 Coldsnap rolls 4 to Casting of tune in (Take 3, correct amount of dice) (10 Again) 5, 4, 9, 9 2 successes
    2011-10-04 10:34:14 Coldsnap rolls 4 to Casting of tune in (10 Again) 2, 1, 3, 2 failure
    2011-10-04 10:33:33 Coldsnap rolls 4 to Casting of "Tune In" (10 Again) 6, 3, 5, 5 failure

He was hoping for something simple that he could do - a petty theft, a small-time robbery, a car chase he could interfere with. Something that would let him prove his worth and hone his skills, both mundane and magical.

Sorry to be such a stickler, but you forgot to take into account Successive Attempts (World of Darkness, p. 132). Each time you fail an Instant action and then proceed to try it again, you take a cumulative -1 penalty, so your third attempt should only be at 2 dice.

For this time, though, if you're willing to spend a point of WP, we'll go ahead and say you spent it on the third casting so you get the spell off.
    "Pryde": Presence 2, Status (Mysterium) 1, WP = Full, Mana = 5
    [Herald] Active Spells (1 on Pattern): Sybil's Sight (Pot.2, self)

C
    C_Lloyd

I sent you a PM about the above, and why it shouldn't apply in this situation. However, there are other issues - each one of the "Tune In" pulls should have been done at 3 dice - as I forgot about contagion. (Two active spells - I take a -1 for each spellcasting test that exceeds my stamina). So if you drop the last die on tune it, it should only be a 1 success spell.

Also, I forgot to do the Wits + Science roll to actually USE the effect of the spell.

Compromise and Clarification

Coldsnap can see the multitude of streams of data being passed around in this modern day. Phone calls, radio signals, TV streams, even nearby baby monitors.

Go ahead and roll the Wits + Science for Tune In.

C
    C_Lloyd

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-04 16:20:27 Coldsnap rolls 7 to Wits + Science roll to detect police band (10 Again, WillPower) 6, 7, 9, 10, 7, 7, 3, 5 2 successes

As Coldsnap sifts through the waves and channels, he finally finds one with police lingo coming from it.

"... 586 at H and 12th...

"We got a self-report of a 242 on the corner of J and 51st.

"459S reported from the US Bank Tower."

C
    C_Lloyd

Coldsnap pulls out his Iphone and tries to determine what those damned police numbers mean. Unfortunately, the combination of not knowing where to look and knowing that time wasn't on his side, he decided to pull up his hood and run towards the nearest location mentioned. After all, going on foot would take some time.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-05 15:20:12 Coldsnap rolls 3 to Int + Academics to research police lingo on Iphone (10 Again) 3, 1, 6 failure

Coldsnap guesses correctly that it would take some time to get there on foot, particularly as he runs past a sign indicating he's crossing 54th Street along J Street. But, he still is able to get to the closest location well before any police have shown up.

A man is down on the ground a few yards away from a bus stop, his business suit torn in a few places, his body limp except for his chest rising and falling. His face has a few bruises growing on his lips and one of his eyes. A younger man, dressed in an electronic chain store uniform, paces about alongside the one on the ground with a phone to his ear. He doesn't seem to be injured at all, but looks relatively distraught.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Aurum made her way down the street listening to her mp3 player while looking at the city building as she passed by for interesting shapes, designs, structure or just anything that caught her eye. You never knew where you might find something significant or at least interesting. Besides, she had today off and wanted to get out of the house.

Today she was dressed more conservatively than usual, which for her was still far beyond the comfort level of most. She had her goggles on like always and the bits of wire and string in her hair, however, this time her hair was a electric blue color. She still had the dark make-up around her eyes, but there was a bright yellow color mixed in today and on her black clothing she had stripes of neon yellow in various locations. Her boots where comfortable and made for comfortably getting around town.

She had been walking for a while when she spotted coldsnap and the commotion. Recognizing him she made her way over to him and came up behind him.

"Hey you're that guy from that thing. I'm Aurum. What's up?" She asked casually.

She looked over at the guy laying on the ground before finally continuing. "Sucks for him. I'm going, wanna check it out with me?"
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

C
    C_Lloyd

The only thing better than a superhero is a superhero team.

"Sure! Coldsnap replied. We'd better hurry up befor the police arrive though. Let's go see what's wrong with him, and what happened."

Coldsnap rushes over to the guy on the ground and checks to see if he can do anything to help him get more comfortable.

"I'm here to help sir, it's okay! Who did this to you? What happened?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.