Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Private) Ariana, Max and Glen?

THREADID
    A
    Ariana Donovan

It was a few nights after the party at the Ember and Ariana wanted to get into contact with the Reeve. So many curious exchanges went on between the two of them, it piqued her interest even further than before.

Ariana decided to take a walk from her office at Elysia to see if Max would be in. Her black skirt suit had a deep purple blouse beneath it and an antique crown pin on its lapel. Her heels clicked as she walked down the hall and she knocked on the door. Sometimes in person was better than a phone call.

*There are a few seconds delay between the knock at the door and the Reeve turning the handle and opening it. Max seems a little surprised to see the Harpy standing before him, surprise quickly turning to worry as his eyebrows knit and his brow furrows.* Good Evening, Harpy Donovan. Is everything alright? *Max asks, his normally relaxed tone tinged by the slightest of apprehension.*

Ariana greeted Max with a smile and shook her head. "Good evening, Reeve Heinz. Yes everything is alright. If I have caught you at a bad time, please do not hesitate to let me know. I was in the office and thought I would say hello." She smiled and hoped she put Max at ease. There was a tiny part of her that realized the phone may have been a better option.

*Once the Regent says everything is alright, Max visibly relaxes, smiling sheepishly as he runs a hand through his hair.* No no, I'm free... I guess I'm a little jumpy after all the excitement of the past few weeks. *Max opens the door wider, stepping to the side to allow Ariana in to his office.* Please, come in Harpy Donovan...

*A few scattered papers and books cover Max's desk; apparently the Reeve had been doing some research during the quiet night at the office. The well-warn leather couch and one of the chairs were free of clutter, but the second chair was piled high with books yet untouched.*

"Thank you kindly Reeve Heinz." Ariana smiled a bit warmer than she normally did in public. Her eyes only glanced for a moment at all the books as she entered. "I understand entirely about being on edge. I have faith in you and your Deputies."

She walked further into the office but did not sit down yet. "It appears you really have been busy." There were a few things Ariana continued to wonder, but they would wait for now.

*Max closes the door as the Harpy enters, shaking his head a little. Faith doesn't stop bullets I'm afraid...* Thank you, Harpy Donovan. I can only strive to live up to your expectations. *He looks over at the papers as she speaks of being busy.* Hmm?

Oh, these, yes... I was looking for some clue to the picture Priscus Greyson showed us at the meeting. The "chalices" reminded me of one of the Norse Runes, I'm afraid I haven't found anything useful though. The two symbols are similar but different... *Max points to a book with the page open to a picture of a large rune stone in Norway.* That led to Norse mythology, which reminded me of the Valkyries. *Another book, open to illustrations of very healthy looking women in plate armor.* Aaaaannnndddd that led to my current topic of investigation; the possibility that the Valkyries were female vampires who culled dying soldiers from the battlefield for blood.

*Max looks over at the Harpy with a half bemused, half embarrassed grin.* Yea, I know, it's a bit of a tangent...

Ariana stood and listened with interest watching him point to the books and then speak. She was glad Conner brought this up to Max. Catching his grin, she continued on a little herself. "I keep pondering it myself." She put her hand up in a stopping gesture. "However, I am sure the best minds are about this." She felt less than useful the night they were all at the Avalon discussing the Chapter House.

"Reeve Heinz, will all this work, and no play you should be cautious." The Lordess smiled. "Unless of course you were at the Ember for a change of pace." Ariana looked at Max. "Then again, what am I saying." She laughed slightly. "I am being slightly hypocritical."

*Max shakes his head, but keeps the smile.* No no, one the greatest dangers when doing research is having only one viewpoint. Sometimes a second person brings a fresh perspective to a problem. And actually, this is what I do for fun.

Riddles, puzzles, history. It's all pieces to a greater puzzle; a puzzle who's solution is the transformation all Dragon's aspire to. *He raises a curious eyebrow as she mentions Ember, the smile on the Reeve's face growing a little wider.* Well, I had gone out of a curiosity to see Ms Brown treated the Gold Rush. Though, the actual results of that evening were a pleasant surprise...

Walking over to the couch, Ariana sat down, adjusted her skirt and crossed her legs. She appeared to be a little more relaxed than normal. "Perspective is insightful of course. I do like to help when I can, if I am able." Her head turned slightly as she looked at Max. "Transformation? I apologize if I am prying, but I am curious." She smiled softly.

"Well what piqued your interest at the Ember?" Ariana smiled with inquisition. "Although there were quite a few people of interest there." Maybe someone caught Max's eye after she left.

Yes, you're very helpful, Harpy Donovan; I'm sure that's so many in the city hold you in such high regard... *Where others might have brought it out as a compliment, Max brought the sentence out as a simple fact.* It can be a little hard to explain... Perhaps "transcendence" would have been a better word. Tell me, do you know anything about Buddhism, Harpy Donovan?

*Max walks over, taking the free chair and turning it around to face the Harpy.* Well, I didn't go in with anything or anyone in mind. I've stopped in from time to time; a few visits to Asylum as well... It's partly curiosity, partly an attempt to expand my horizons and interests. Inspiration can be found in many places...

There was a slightly puzzled look on her face but still pleasant. "Reeve Heinz, I will not pretend to know anything about such a religion. I believe that would be insulting. I do know a little about Karma but not much further than that." She was quite positive it was Karma finally caught up with a Lord from her past.

"What sort of inspiration did you gain that evening?" Ariana smiled, still curious. "Did your horizons become broadened by any chance?"

I... see. *Max says, a little confused who the Harpy thought she would be insulting, but he says nothing.* The core belief is that one can transcend the imperfections of the mortal world, by taking the right sort of actions and mental attitudes. The core belief of the Ordo Dracul is one can transcend the imperfections and limitations of this... limited form we exist in, by a mixture of understanding, knowledge, and forcing ourselves to change... *The Reeve doubted he could swing the Harpy from the Invictus to the Dragons, so he saves her the full recruitment schpeal. But he hoped it gave the woman at least a small insight into the Ordo.*

*Turning back to the events at the club, Max loses the serious tone he had used while talking about the Dragons, once more smiling slightly* Oh, it was very informative. I learned to never get in a gunfight with Ms Brown, Ember is best used for it's intended purpose and not a saloon, and you look exquisite when you're laced up...

Ariana had been listening to Max and wondering at the same time. “I am unsure I follow the limited form that we exist in. Other than walking around in daylight, and a few other things, our limitations seem slightly different than mortals.” Then again, she was still young enough in her requiem to know what she was missing. “I do understand forcing yourself to change mentally although I do not know how that would change other things.” Only knowing a little bit about what the Dragon mentioned. She knew clans had their secrets.

Laughing softly for a moment. “Yes, it appears Madam Brown is not one to trifle with when it comes to firearms.” There was a definite pause and a bewildered facial expression. “Thank you. I would have thought the woman that had more to reveal would catch your eye.” A sly smile slipped across her lips.

*A playful smile spreads across Max's lips.* Really? We are ruled by our Beasts, we depend on the stolen blood of others for our survival. Flame and sunlight damage us far beyond their proportion to do so to mortals. We are frail beings, Harpy Donovan; in body, mind, and spirit. The Ordo has the secrets to change that; to lay low the Beast in your heart, to make a drop of Vitae last a month. And much more for those willing to take the risks associated with mastering our... unique form.

As for what changing one's mental state can effect? Our conversation tonight, and all those previously, as well as my attendance at the various social activities of late is proof of that. A short time ago none of that would have happened; I was consumed with my work within the Ordo and my job as Reeve. I came to the realization I had allowed myself to be defined by what I was doing, not by who I was. I decided I would rather be Max than Reeve Heinz...

*Max smiles just a little more as the Harpy's expression.* I've found those that put themselves out there in such obvious displays of... physical beauty tend to have very little else to offer. I've always found those who have an engaging intelligence far more attractive than just a pretty face. An oddity amongst most men, I know... *Max says with a soft shrug*

“I see your point Reeve Heinz. Mastering such a thing does have a price if I understand what you are saying.” Ariana said as he spoke of a their weaknesses. Although somewhat appealing, she had a few reasons for staying within the Invictus. Nevertheless, it was still rather interesting. “If I also understand; changing your mental state by becoming more social helps you further attain your goals in the Ordo?” She asked in curious clarification.

The Lordess also added. "I do believe you are further revealing secrets about yourself." Winking quickly.

Leaning forward slightly Ariana grinned. “So you are attracted to the mind only? I would not say it is an oddity for men. Although, some men cannot see past the beauty to find what lies beneath.” Chuckling slightly she added. “There are few men who want to untie the knots of one and would rather just unfasten a simple bow.”

*Max can only laugh softly and shake his head.* Not quite; knowledge matters more than personality for the Dragons. I mean it made me less of an insufferable stuffed-shirt and allowed me to appreciate things in life I had forgotten... *Or made myself forget... When she speaks of revealing secrets, Max can only smile.* I don't think I'm revealing any great secrets about myself. All the good ones are still locked in here... *Max winks, tapping the side of his head.*

Now, I didn't say mind only; I can appreciate beauty. I just find the mix of the two far more enticing... *Now the Reeve leans forwards just a little as well.* I'm sure they do, if they're the kind of man that likes to get things over quickly. Half the rewards that comes with a secret is the effort it takes to reveal it... *He gives the Harpy a wink, then leans back in his seat.*

“I have a difficult time picturing you as a stuffed-shirt. I am sure there are many things which we have forgotten to appreciate.” Ariana smiled to Max. “We keep speaking of secrets and locking ourselves away. I am sure there are some that are worth mentioning out of the public eye.” She winked back.

“What sort of effort is involved in revealing such secrets that lead to rewards?” The Lordess replied with a flirtatious air in her voice. “To which sort of rewards are you referring?” She grinned.

Well, let's just say I'm glad it's been a change for the better... *Max says with a soft sigh. He raises a curious eyebro as she talks about being in private.* Ahh, but are we ever truly out of the public eye? Take this conversation for example; the two of us alone in my office, on a quiet night with no one visiting the Court. Yet, even here we are still Reeve and Harpy; even in a private, informal conversation we have to watch what we say, and how we say it. It's rare indeed that any of our kind is well and truly free from the eyes of our society.

*The Reeve quickly loses the slightly serious tone of a moment before, indulging himself just a little by taking on the same playful tone as the Harpy.* As for for the efforts involved in getting to secrets and rewards? That all depends on how tightly it's wrapped up. Sometimes all it takes is pulling a few strings and the whole wrapping comes unraveled. Sometimes you have to pick it apart, layer by layer, piece by piece... And the rewards themselves? I guess that all depends on where you're looking, doesn't it?

“You are absolutely right Reeve Heinz. However, do you have a better suggestion?” Ariana laughed slightly. “I know just as well as any that not everything is private or out of the public eye.” Although she knew all too well about the paranoia of the Shadows. “If I were to have called you instead, what would you have suggested?” She smiled.

Wondering briefly if Max thought Ariana was wound up all the time she still smiled. “Yes, where you are looking certainly plays a part for what you may find.” Her eyes contained her laugh as she continued. “It sounds much like research. Sometimes you find the right book, and sometimes you have to go through several. Yet in either matter, you can enjoy what you find along the way. Being entirely absorbed in something on occasion can have its rewards.” She winked.

*Max can only shake his head. He wished he could tell the Harpy how much he despised the constant reliance on titles the Danse forced on Kindred; but he doubted an Invictus would agree. * Honestly? I probably would have missed the call. I can get very focused once I become fixated on a subject...

*The Reeve sight softly, running a hand through his hair.* I'm ashamed to say it sounds you're better at your research then I am. I've ran into more dead ends while in the libraries of the world than I can count. But you're right, I've learned some interesting things along the way, even from the failures...

Ariana was a little perplexed on how a Mekhet could miss a phone call, unless it was on silent. “Well then it is a good thing I stopped in your office.” She chuckled quickly. “I am sure you can fixate on a subject just as well as I become immersed in work. At times I believe I am far too focused on work to take time and enjoy a few things.”

Shaking her head slightly with a bit of a smile she said. “I think you sell yourself short far too many times.” The Lordess said with a mused but puzzled look on her face. “Yet the key to failing is learning from your mistakes, is it not? The interesting things you learn along the way could be applied for future use.” She said in a playful tone.

*Max nods, he could easily understand.* Well, if it's any consolation, you're not in sole possession of that fault. Slowing down and enjoy myself more has been something I've tried to do more and more of late. Thankfully, the results have been rather pleasant.

*Max grins back at the Harpy, shrugging his shoulders a little.* Perhaps I do, but at least you don't have to worry about me becoming one of those insufferable individuals with an inflated ego... *Another nod from the Reeve as she talks about mistakes.* Very true, very true. The hard part is, with certain mistakes, it's very difficult to find new opportunities to apply what you've learned...

Wondering how well Max picked up on puzzles she smiled a little. “So other than doing research, what else do you do for enjoyment and pleasure? Reading about something is one thing, doing something is entirely different.” Ariana winked accidentally with her smile.

“Oh, I am not worried at all by your inflated ego. Arrogance is not particularly appealing to me. However, like you, I do appreciate the mind as well as other things.” The Lordess gave Max an amorous grin. “You never know when new opportunities arise.”

*Max can only shrug.* Between my position as Reeve and my work in the Dragons, I don't have much free time. I've been making more time to get out and enjoy the city, but most nights I'm either here in my office or at my private library. I haven't found anything yet to pull me away from my work and study.

But you're right, there is a big difference between reading and doing; and I do still find time for an occasional misadventure now and again...
    *And if more of his past adventures had been more politically correct, the Reeve might have even been able to tell the Harpy about some of them.* Perhaps one night when you're having trouble getting to sleep I can tell you of my last trip to Egypt...

*A slight grin, Max raising a curious eyebrow.* New opportunities for what, Harpy Donovan? Appreciate the mind, or unwrap a new surprise?

Ariana smiled, although the Lordess realized something as he was speaking. Subtly was not working. “Well, I had thought about asking if you could be pulled away from your studies to perhaps take in the theatre or perhaps the symphony. A misadventure would be quite intriguing. But I see I see that you may be far too busy.” Clasping her hands on her lap.

Leaning forward, Ariana grinned with her eyes looking directly at Max. “You realize that if you were to tell me tales of Egypt to help me sleep, that may be an implication of some sort. That is of course, you were implying using the phone.” She smiled softly although she was not ever this forward.

*Max blinks for a moment, then breaks out in a deep laugh. It wasn't at the Harpy, but more at himself. Once he catches himself, Max can only shake his head in amusement.* Madam Donovan, I may be dedicated to my studies, and my position as Reeve; but if I can't find the time to spend the night in the company of a beautiful woman, I want you to do me a favor. Stake me and put me in the closet, because I'll have truly lost my mind...

*He leans forward as well, matching Ariana's gaze.* And two things about my stories: One, I never tell them over the phone, they're always better in person. And two, they would be used only after all other options of getting you to bed had failed...

Ariana raised her eyebrow at first then smiled and chuckled softly along with Max. “So, shall I whittle one up?” Moving to the edge of the couch and leaning in further. “Or will you be finding some time?”

Smiling she rested her chin on her hand as her elbow met her lap. “Oh I have no doubt that they are better in person. Which sort of options would those be?” Ariana asked still looking directly at Max. This was probably the first time she had seen Max be so… direct.

Well... it would be a huge insult to Keeper Villiers to bring a weapon down here; so I'll assume you don't have a knife handy. *An exaggerated sigh from the Reeve, but he never loses his smile.* I guess I'll just have to find time. Though, nothing by Shakespeare, I beg you. Unless it comes with subtitles, I can never follow the language.

Well, that depends on how well the evening at the theater goes, doesn't it? I've found massage is a wonderful way to relax after a long evening. If you wanted to calm down at the end of the night...
    *Max shift a little in his seat, moving closer to Ariana.*

Ariana laughed slightly at the thought of subtitling a play. “No I think Shakespeare can be left to others. I am sure we can find something intellectually stimulating, whether it be a play or something equally interesting.” Grinning she added. "With the way this Domain is sometimes, one never knows what could happen next."

She leaned in a little further, although not much further and she would slip off the couch. The Lordess smiled softly and continued. “Yes, that would be an excellent way to calm down. However, if the night is young enough, I am sure we can find some other way to entertain ourselves.” Still looking at Max.

No, you never do... *Max says with a wink, referring to the uncertainty of life in Sacramento. He leans back, giving the Harpy a chance to relax herself as well. He looks over at the large clock hanging on the wall, turning over an idea in his mind. When he looks back to Ariana, it's with a playful grin.* Well, I'm afraid we don't have to catch a show tonight; but I do believe I asked for a dance a few nights ago... *The Reeve stands, offer his hand to help the Harpy up off the couch.*

Ariana sat back a little then returned Max's wink. Although she wondered if Max was thinking about something else when he looked at the clock. "Why, yes you did." She took his hand and rose off the couch with ease. "I will let you lead the way. Although I do not know which dance area you care to use." Standing in front of Max as she inquired. "I also would have never guessed you danced."

*Max helps Ariana up, taking just a moment to go to his desk. He pulls out a CD case, holding it in one hand as he offers the other arm to Ariana.* I was thinking the commons area. It has enough room, and somewhere to play this... *He waves the cd case, laughing softly at the Harpy's remark about dancing.*

I wouldn't say I'm good enough to be on Broadway; but I do know enough to keep from embarrassing myself. The hard part is finding someone I wouldn't mind dancing with..
    *A slight wink, and Max opens the door for the Harpy; waiting to see if she takes his arm.*

Not being able to see what the case said, Ariana only hoped that it was not Kenny G. "The common's area should be fine. What will we be dancing to?" She smiled as she took the Reeve's arm. "Fred Astaire is irreplaceable, although I am sure we will be fine. It is a quite night here tonight. If you dip me and drop me, who would know?" Laughing as they walked down the hallway.

Well, if you know who Fred Astaire was, I don't feel bad dating myself by choosing Glenn Miller... *Max says with a soft laugh; letting go of Ariana long enough to turn on the stereo and slip the CD in. He selects a song, moving back to the Harpy.* I don't know, I thought half the fun of being Harpy was getting to spread the latest faux pas? * A playful wink from the Reeve, just as the brass section blared to life over the speakers with the opening strings of Sunrise Serenade.

Max opens his arms, waiting for Ariana to decide which style of dance she preferred.*

“Well I have watched Top Hat a few times.” Ariana smirks, although Glenn Miller was not entirely familiar to her. “If I gave you grief for your dancing abilities, how would I ever get you to dance with me again?” She smiled as placed one hand on his shoulder and the other in Max’s hand. “I do not think I have ever heard this song.” She pondered while the big band music began.

“Trust me, as of late, there have been far worse faux pas than a misstep in dancing.” As The Lordess recalled the last Court where someone inquired to the Prince about Jayant.

Oh, I don't know. Wearing that swimsuit from the pool party at Avalon would probably be a good way to convince me... * Wink from the Reeve as he takes the Harpy's hand in his own, the other tucking into the small of her back as he takes lead in a slow dance that matches the tempo of the song.* I wouldn't be surprised if you hadn't; Big Band isn't as popular as it once was... *Grinning at the understatement; Max guides Ariana around the commons area.*

Ahh, but a misstep such as those of the past few Courts would only cost me a shirt and a few years of my life. Crushed toes here might cost me something far more valuable...

“Oh.” Ariana’s eyes widened a little and she pursed her lips in a smile for a moment. “You remember that? I never did take a full dip into the water that evening.” Laughing a little she continued. “I have to keep people guessing once in a while. I would not doubt if some thought I was uptight.”

“Was your shirt payment for entering the Asylum on Vanilla night?” Chuckling softly. Glancing down for a moment, the Lordess returned her look to the Reeve. “What pray tell do you think stepping on my toes would cost you?”

Funny, I got the impression that suit was more to be seen in then bathed in. Though, I have to wonder how hard it is to get wet in a city with as much water as Sacramento... *Max's teases softly* And I wouldn't say uptight; but I'm sure your position in the city is imposing to some...

*Max fakes a pained expression as Ariana teases him about the shirt.* Be glad it was just the shirt. You don't want to know what they were charging to get into one of the private rooms... *Another wink, and Max gives the Harpy a quick twirl out and back.* Why, a chance at another dance, of course...

“I like to use things for their intended purposes. I only implied that evening for getting wet. There indeed is a lot of water in Sacramento.” Ariana grinned as they continued dancing. “I have no doubts in your sentiment on imposing. Yet, the further one stays away, a lesser impression is made.” She winks quickly.

“Do they charge something other than money for a private room. If so, would it indeed be worth it?” She said smirking to Max as she slowly spun, then returned to his arm and position. “I would never blame someone for trying, even if toes are broken. I think we are doing quite well.” Her smile was genuinely pleased.

Ah, now you see the differences in our positions within the city. Making people want to keep their distance is advantageous for a Reeve... *Max answers with a grin.* And as for the private rooms; I don't want to know what goes on inside them, I certainly don't want to know what it takes to get into one... *Just because Max visited the clubs didn't mean he was quite ready to indulge himself in them.*

A whole-hardily agree. Though, a beautiful partner always makes a dancer perform better... *Max says with a wink.*

A
    Ariana Donovan

I'm glad we agree; there are far more interesting rooms to visit in the city... *Max says with a grin, slowly leading his dance partner back towards the stereo. The song was halfway over, and he didn't think the song that followed, In The Mood, was appropriate quite yet. He laughs softly at the talk of charm.* I think you have more faith in my charms than I do, Madam Donovan. They seem to get me into more trouble than out of it... *A playful wink as Max gives the Harpy a slight dip.*

*A small twirl as Max shakes his head.* Oh no, I won't pretend I know as much as you when it comes to theater. Besides, I chose the song; it's only fitting you choose the show...

“As I have mentioned before, intelligence and wit are quite attractive.” Ariana smiled with a wink. As Max dipped the Lordess, her eyes slightly widened and her outside leg rose slightly off the ground. When the Reeve brought her back up, her leg gently brushed his on its way back down. “You caught me off guard. I usually expect that at the end of a song.” Pursing her lips then smiling.

“When it comes to the world of entertainment, I only do my best to write about it. There are times I do not think the pen does justice to what the eyes behold.” She said as she looked to Max. “I am sure we will find something suitable to do.”

Well, if you're expecting it, what's the point? *Max says with a grin.* You've seen them in person, that puts you two steps ahead of me... *He says in complete honesty.* I have no doubt it will be a pleasant evening, no matter what we do.

Have you heard of anything recently that sounds entertaining? I'm not up on the latest shows, as shocking as that is... *Max asks with a slight wink.*

“True, although I do enjoy a surprise now and again.” Ariana winked. “The King and I, Frankenstein and Cabaret are a few of the shows currently on stage.” The Lordess said quickly as she knew a basic run down of shows in the area. “The Auburn Symphony and Sacramento State usually have performances once a week involving Masterworks or Classical pieces.” Mentioning as she Max slowly twirled her again.

“Also, one of the clubs are having a Rat Pack tribute if that is something you find entertaining.” She said smiling to Max. She chuckled for a moment as her arm slipped slightly up the Reeve's shoulder. “Needless to say, we have many options.”

*Max ponders over the options, keeping time with the song as the pair dances.* Frankenstein I think. A good pick for the season; and mad scientists are dear to my heart for some reason... *A wink.* Hopefully they will keep it close to Shelly's original version...

I don't know, I never could get into the Rat Pack. Perhaps it's the complete lack of shade in Vegas that turned me off...
    *Max looks over as the Harpy's arm moves, raising a curious eyebrow.* Oh, agreed. And I believe in keeping one's options open... *As her arm slipped up, Max's slips a little lower in the small of Ariana's back.*

Ariana made an audible thinking noise as she smiled. "Well, it is a lovely classic. I just hope it is not a reminder of some other madmen. I did enjoy the novel long ago, I do indeed hope you are correct."

She was rather fond of subtle moves. It was not a game to her, but more of a soft spoken language that many had forgotten. "You are not fond of Crooners? There were so many beautiful songs in my opinion. Although, I never saw them in Las Vegas. Maybe close ups color a different view." Grinning softly. "Especially a view of options."

Hmm... *Max says softly. There had been so many since he'd come to Sacramento, he wasn't sure he'd be able to pick just one to compare to the good Dr Frankenstein.* I try to read it at least once a decade; it's wonderful as a cautionary tale on the dangers of knowledge.

Or an abject lesson in hiring more capable bodyguards then just a hunchback...

*Max laughs softly, shaking his head as she talks about the Rat Pack.* You have to remember, to me Frank Sinatra starred out as a teen heart throb. The girl's went crazy for him; try imagining someone you knew as a pop sensation now being talked about as an American Treasure.

*Max nods, thinking over the Harpy's words.* Perhaps closeness brings a new understanding of things. Though, some things are just as beautiful up close as they are from afar... *Max returns Ariana's soft smile.*

There were times that Ariana was curious as to a fellow Kindred’s age, but to her, it was very impolite to ask. “Well, knowledge is power in some respects. I think it less the hunch on his back and more the lack of knowledge the bodyguard gave to a situation.” Ariana stated with humor in her voice. “Perhaps it is terribly difficult to find a bodyguard.”

Turning her head while looking at Max. “I can see how that can be a little strange.” While they continued dancing, even a little closer than when they first started, she wondered if it was influencing the Reeve’s words. “Understanding is a good thing, I hope.” She smiled. “Are you implying something about being close?” Winking to Max.

*Max laughs, shaking his head slightly.* See, he forgot the first rule of proper minion management: Diversification. A few soccer hooligans would have taken care of the peasants with ease...

Oh, understanding is a wonderful thing. It prevents those awkward misunderstandings so common in life. To understand something is to appreciate it and respect it.
    *Max raises an eyebrow at the wink.* Perhaps I'm doing more than implying? *He says with a grin, his hand pulling Ariana closer to him as they danced.*

“I am not too apt with sports although I assume they are a rowdy bunch that tears through things in pursuit of balls.” Ariana smiled, proud of her small analogy.

“Too often it seems we forget to take time to understand differences. Yet when we do, it can sometimes lead further insight.” Grinning to Max. “Just as I am beginning to read your subtle implications,” Leaning in and whispering in the Reeve's ear. “Although better suited for another setting.” The Lordess pulled back to her previous position as they continued with the song which seemed to be ending.

Well, let's just say they aren't the sort of folks you'd want to invite to a nice party... *Max says with a nod.*

One of the dangers of our existence I'm afraid. The older we get, the more certain we are in the absolute validity of our beliefs, evidence to the contrary be damned. If I wasn't proven wrong so often, it's a trip I might fall into... *Max nods at the whisper, slipping away from the Harpy as he reaches over to turn off the stereo. When he turns back, the playful smile is gone, the Reeve once more minding his P's and Q's now that the dance was over.*

Thank you for the dance, Madam Harpy. *He says with a slight bow of his head.*

Ariana gave Max a small curtsy but a bright smile. "I should be thanking you Reeve Heinz."

"I should be going as well. However, the show runs the next few weekends. How would you like to arrange arriving?" The Lordess asked, her small need of being organized. "Unless of course you would like to pick me up here." She asked with slight grin.

*Max returns the smile.* Well, we can be thankful to each other. And that way neither one of us owes the other a Boon... *A quick wink from the Reeve as he retrieves the cd from the player.*

Of course, I'll make sure everything is in order. Though I don't know if I'll be able to get as good a seats as a entertainment writer... *The tone in his voice is playful as he speaks. Max raises a curious eye at the idea of picking Ariana up.* Have you seen what I drive? I would think a Lordess would have higher standards than that...

I'll rent something nice. *Max says with an honestly pleasant smile.*

Ariana laughed quietly for a moment when he commented on the boon and shook her head. She did not make a comment to Max about it but returned his inquiry. "Yes, I can get us excellent seats. I will have my ghoul see during the day." Shaking her hand slightly to Max. "No, I have not seen your vehicle. It is probably quite alright. There is no need to rent a car just for me." The Harpy pondered playfully out loud. "Unless of course it is an El Camino. Then that new will travel fast." The Lordess really did not know what sort of car the Shadow drove, so she hoped it was not the truck-car she mentioned.

Of course not. *Max says, waving the Harpy's fear away with a hand.* It's a Gremlin... *Max says with a wink. He offers the female Ventrue his arm to escort her back to her office.*

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.