Ended
Watch
341 - 350
DISPLAYED
(1110) Eternal Autumn

Page 35 of 36 First ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 Last
    K
    Kazakin

"Of course. That is why we're all here, I imagine," Danny replied, with an awkward smile. Short, pointed teeth jutted over his lipless mouth. "I look forwards to being able to help out in any way I can. I'll give this ah... Marcus a telephone call. Maybe we'll get along."

Danny liked making new friends. He was just not the most socially adept of people, although he tended to make up for it with enthusiasm.

Sometimes, too much enthusiasm.

"Any reason for that, the settling down bit?" she asked by way of a reply, interested. Terri had never had any intentions about travelling around. She'd done more than enough running about during her Durance as it was.

K
    Kazakin

"Two things," Rook said, after a moment. There was a reluctance on his face, as he forced himself to be open. "The sunglasses aren't a fashion statement. In my Durance, my eyes and tongue were cut out. Consequently, I have... problems. My Mask doesn't function properly. If I take these sunglasses off, mortals can see my eyes as they really are." He gritted his teeth.

"And I can't help but tell the truth. It's why I don't use a more... ordinary name. I can't. My name is Rook. Anything else would be a lie, and I'm not permitted to lie," the Metalflesh continued. "Combine those things together, and it's a recipe for disaster."

"Why would here be any different then?" Terri asks, learning more about Rook than she perhaps should know. Yet, sometimes, challenges come from opening up to others, even those who may one day be considered friends.

K
    Kazakin

"I don't know," Rook said, his voice quiet and honest. "Things just haven't gone wrong enough yet, I suppose." His rigid hands tensed on his own arms. Of course, they had gone wrong. Just not enough to force him to break the Oath he had given. He took a breath.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri smiled in the way that she always did. Openly and honestly. "Rook, unfortunately a freehold is made up of rights and wrongs. Its the curse we all have to keep an eye out for. As long as we keep believing, things going wrong can be made right in any given situation."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

K
    Kazakin

"Oh, I'm sure that's true of social wrongs," Rook replied, with a regretful nod. "Or mistakes. But... mortals don't forget what I could show them by accident. If something like that happens, I have to leave." He gestured towards his face, inwardly wishing he could gauge how appropriate this conversation was.

"Fortunately, it hasn't. With a little luck, it won't."

Mr Bates waits until Rick is finished before deftly moving to his side and speaking quietly into his ear.

"Excuse me sir, I apologize for the intrusion but I'm afraid I really will need an answer regarding our guest upstairs rather sooner than later."

L

Ahh...now there was the tricky question that had eaten at him for some time. One he'd given quite a bit of thought to before arriving at a decision. Though it might still take a bit of research. "I need to figure out a good way to keep track of him, something along the lines of a tracking anklet." Though, of course, something altogether more mystic would certainly be needed. "And then we can give him a probationary period. He screwed up, but in the end did what he could to fix things. He deserves a second chance."

And if they straight up banished him how were they to be certain that he just wouldn't try the same thing again somewhere else?

Mr. Bates stiffly nods in agreement with Rick's assessment.

"Is an Oath to remain out of the Hedge what have in mind, sir... or perhaps something more restrictive? If you decide to include a dream-task in any sort of pledge, I'm quite certain that I could keep tabs on Mr. Tickle myself."

Page 35 of 36 First ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 Last
Closed Thread