Ended
Watch

Trapping Weeds

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
    D
    Damienedm

Tom groaned when his dream inspired direction lands himself square in a dollop of excrement. Shaking his boot off, careful not to touch the thorns rimming the trail, he looks at Yui with a shrug, "Well, I guess that was a bust. Is there a particular direction you feel like heading down Yui?"

"Forward always works if forward is also the Trod, the deeper we go the more we will..." Yui cuts his words consider what else they may find.

"Try that trick again buddy. Can't hurt anything to try. Just don't find what ever left that" Yui gestures towards the leavings left behind.

D
    Damienedm

Better:

Tom chuckles, shaking the last of the crude off his feet. Closing his eyes, he again sinks his toes into the soil, using the land and the dream like quality of the Hedge to explore.

Tom's use of the Dream Contract gives him an indication that the only main interest within this section of the hedge is that it is a Trod, with all the benefits and pitfalls that come with such a path, and not a single goblin fruit in sight.

D
    Damienedm

"Well the Hedge nearby seems almost overly trampled for lack of a better way to explain it. Seems to me like the Trod is about it, but I am not willing to ride the highway to hell. Maybe we should pack it in for now, I'm sure there will be things you'd like to do for your friend," said Tom as he sighed. He would have to keep an ear open for another Hedge trek, and see what that turned up.

Yui nods in understanding.

"Alright then, home it is." Yui paints an easy smile across his lips, his mind capturing the image of Tom for future consideration.
    Yui is actually bad with names and faces, so he makes the extra effort when he feels it matters.

"Then let's go." Yui leads the way back to the pit trap, again pointing it out and carefully passing it by before making for the gate.

The pair make it back down the Trod without any incident and Yui was glad to see that the Hedge wasn't acting so wyrd as the time it tried to eat him. Minding the pit trap (which was still in place), Yui and Tom exit the gate and back into the mortal world. Nearby, on a bench, the homeless bum, aka Harvey the Sun Banisher, seems to be asleep.

Yui waits for Tom once they exit. "Thanks for watching my back. I'm going to take what I found to Sam, our local Hedge expert dude. He probably knows where you could find some of that Fruit. Seasons Hotel is a great spot to find him, that's where I'm going." Yui hefts his equipment, getting ready to moveon to his next objective.

"You need a ride there or something?"
    Yui glances at Harvy just to be aware before ignoring his fellow Winter. An undercover op can't do his job while being stared at.

As Tom and Yui swap contact details, Harvey seems to grumble in his sleep. He then sits up suddenly, tearing the beard away from his chin. "Dammit," he mutters, groggily standing and shuffling away. Whatever his problem was, he's keeping it to his chest, and leaving the two other changelings wondering WTF is going on with the Sun Banisher these days?

End Scene

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread