The brunette walked behind a couple approaching the Museum; checking that her purse held her ticket. Tonight she wore a beige top with black floral design and black slacks. A beige shawl was loosely wrapped around her neck; discreetly pinned in place with a vintage broach. Jennifer had
tussled her hair for a relaxed wave; something that hopefully would be easy to over look,

Outfit

As she enters the museum; she walks over to the booth, withdrawing and presenting her ticket. She glanced around; the site hadn't lied. There were definitely more people than she had expected. Sold out? Perhaps not. Busy? Most definitely.

She wasn't alarmed about arriving alone; she imagined she might charm a meal if the tour was hokey.

"A few minutes more," She was assured.
She bobbed her head and moved to a nearby poster about Egypt. It looked fascinating. Once again; she recalled her conversations with Ricardo and others at court about never giving history the proper time in life.

*Decked out in jeans, a t-shirt, and his permanently ruffled hair,Max took his own turn getting his ticket; shrugging when he's asked where his "date" is. He mumbles something about her having a cold; it was a little hard to explain Samantha was busy scouting a sorority party for new additions to Max's herd. Instead, he takes a look around the gathered mortals, wondering what kind of audience the subterranean streets would draw. He expected a few like him, drawn in by the hidden history of Sacramento. And perhaps a few couples that were drawn to the underground nature of the site. What he didn't expect was to see another Kindred here.

The Reeve glances over at Jennifer as she makes her way over to the poster. A small grin spreads across his lips; the Mekhet making his way to stand beside the female Nosferatu.* Beautiful poster, isn't it? Too bad they have their translations all wrong...

"Isn't that how it goes? Time turns as all into citizens of Babel."

Jennifer speaks without turning, her eyes glancing at the museum behind the poster. Tonight her voice is hoarse; as though a woman recovering from a cold. She is scanning for an escape route still, even as she turns and finds herself face to face with the Reeve.

She focuses her eyes from possible exits to the man himself; trusting the Reeve.

"Hello," She bids, not hiding her surprise. "I didn't expect any one from the Arden Arcade Country club to be in attendance tonight. A pleasant surprise. Don't tell me you know hieroglyphics."

The Nosferatu smiles.

Hello to you too, Ms Hazelton; a very pleasant surprise indeed... *Where Jennifer was surprised, Max seems amused; a half smile turning up the edges of the Reeve's lips.* Oh, you know men like me, we turn up in the damnedest places... *Turning back to the poster Max nods.*

Of course I do... *He reaches a thin hand out, pointing to a line of pictographs running down an obelisk.* Bird, bird, lion, hand... Squiggly line... *He turns back to Jennifer with a full grin on his face now.*

In all seriousness though, I do understand Coptic; the language for which hieroglyphics are the written form. It's still spoken today in Egypt as a matter of fact...

"If I ever unearth a tomb with Coptics; I'll be sure to give you a call before unleashing terrible curses upon us." Jennifer replied; glibly.

"Although I think every one calls you for every thing as it is. You ducking rotary business for some sight seeing?" She smiles; friendly.
"This tour sounded fantastic online. I just hope it doesn't turn into Hatchet. " She realized after the fact that he may not be current on the Netflix movie about an ill fated tour.

Ahh, but it's a little known fact they put the curses on the outside of the tomb. So by the time you've found it, you're already cursed. So you might was well open it up and see what's inside...
*Max answers just as easily.*

And I wouldn't say I'm ducking work; things have been slow tonight. Besides, a man has to have a little down time now and again or he'll go crazy. Well, crazy-er... *Max answers with a grin.* It sounds like we have similar interests tonight; history is a bit of an obsession of mine. What brings you out tonight, Ms Hazelton?

"Oh, those Egyptians have every thing figured out!" She laughs.

"I quite agree..." Jennifer pauses, halting her instinct to call him by his title. "If you are consumed by work; you'll become quite square and uninteresting. Or maybe more interesting for a short while."

She leans in with a quirky smile, including him in the joke.
"Oh, my room mate made it clear that my education was lacking art and history. I went to the site to see the hours and found myself distracted by the tour."
She glanced around.

"It looks very promising. The seedy underbelly; shown to tourists and natives by
museum scholars."

*Max shrugs.* Well, I'm pretty uninteresting to begin with; if I get any more so I might start putting people to sleep. I guess it's a good thing I came out tonight then... *He answers with a slight smile.* Well, at least you're in a good city for a little education. The museums here are a little... progressive for my tastes; but there is quite a selection to choose from. I rather enjoy the train museum myself...

*Max follows Jennifer's glances around the gathered Kine; wondering for a moment if she had seen something he hadn't. Content nothing was amiss, he turns his attention back to the female Kindred.* It should be rather interesting; I rather have a fondness for the hidden places of the world...

"So do I." Jennifer admitted. "It's one of my favorite things; to walk alone and search out places that feel as though no one has looked upon them. An odd hobby perhaps; but we all have our quirks."

She glances back to the poster.

"Have you attended any of the exhibits here? I would welcome any recommendations. 'Progressive' won't be a problem." She
replies wryly. He would know the timidity of her Beast from Court; she had grown up and lived far too recently for the museum to be progressive to her young
eyes.

*Max's smile turns into one of honest enjoyment, it seemed he and the Haunt had something in common.* We all have our odd habits, Ms Hazelton. I also enjoy the thrill of discovery new places bring. *He looks back at the museum, shaking his head.*

No, I'm afraid I have not. My work schedule keeps me from visiting during the day; this program is one of the few they offer at night. Though, they did put on a rather enjoyable Gold Rush program a few nights ago... *That Max enjoyed the women in period costume a little more then the educational aspect of the ball is left unsaid.*

But there are some nice art museums and galleries in the area; though I have to admit I'm not one for art. I've always enjoyed music more then paintings...

"I haven't been in town long; but I've taken to walking with Madam Villiers through out the city. I've found the places that she enjoys to be very interesting."
She confides.
"I plan to make some time to make a frequent evening walk as well. One should stay in tune with the city around us; not become self
absorbed with our plans."

She follows his gaze,
"Thats a pity about the hours. I imagine we could perhaps book a special showing... for educational purposes. I know that wildlife centers stay open later for
educational purposes. I might look into that.
I've never heard of the Gold Rush program. I imagine that if they do a program on every interesting point in California's timeline; we could have a good many
nights of entertainment!"
She proclaims happily.

*Max raises an eyebrow at the mention of the Keeper, and more so evening walks. Perhaps that was why Martha's limp seemed more noticeable of late. Though, Max did have to wonder what it was his fellow Dragon had been looking for on the streets of Sacramento.* Really? I didn't know she had such an interest in the city... *The Reeve trails off for a few moments, lost in thought as he digests the information.*

A word of warning if you decide to take up late night trips through the city: Be careful where you walk. You never know what surprises are waiting out there in the darkness.
*For just a moment, Max rubs at a long healed bite mark on his arm.*

Oh, it was just a little festival; Ms Brown apparently organized it all. Just a little distraction from the norm. It did have it's enjoyable moments though... *For just a moment, Max's smile grows just a little larger.* Hmm, the museum could make an interesting setting for our next company get-together. Or were you thinking of a small grouping?

"She's been showing me around. I tried to weasel the locations of the most interesting locales out of her." Jen replies honestly. She didn't want to betray the
Herald's nightly activities if she wasn't making them public; but Jennifer did want to keep busy patrolling the streets. As much help as someone her age could be.

"I never go alone," She assures. "My room mate and I are both interested in these walks. If there's anything that shouldn't be
out there; I'd like to be able to report it".

At hearing of Miss Brown's festival; she expressed regret.

"Oh, I'm sorry that I missed that. I must have been playing Evercrack." She cracked.
"Perhaps both," Jennifer continued. "We might be able to book an educator for those who enjoy learning; or a hall for one of our Country Club meetings."

*Max can only laugh softly.* I have a feeling what Ms Villiers finds interesting you might find... disturbing. She and I share a love of the strange and macabre. It's a very... selective group of people that shares the same interests she and I do in the occult.

Unless you have a love of shoes. In which case I'm sure she's the best source of information within the city...

*He smile fades as she talks about the walks, nodding his head in interest.* If you do find anything amiss, I would certainly appreciate hearing about it. I like to keep things peaceful in Sacramento...
*Max pauses a moment at the mention of a "roommate", thinking back to court.*

This roommate, is he the gentlemen that was with you at the last party? If so, I certainly fear far less about your well being.

*Max shakes his head softly, both at the mention of "Evercrack", whatever that was, and the idea of using the museum as a meeting place.* An interesting idea, but I worry that the history aspect would be lost on some of our common acquaintances. I fear some of them do not share the love of history we do...

"I wouldn't shy away from the strange. There's plenty of things that I don't understand, but that doesn't mean I can't start down the path to
comprehension. "

She shakes her head.
"I fear I don't have an expansive shoe collection. I err on the side of practical... and what I can wear to get the hell away from badness."

Jennifer nods his head at his question.
"Yes, Ricardo is my room mate." She'd prefer coterie mate; but any confusion could always be ironed out away from the kine.
"I've found his presence very reassuring. I've been pestering him for self defense tips. He's found my gamer girl reflexes,"
She mimes her rapid typing skills with her fingers.
"- to be lacking the finesse needed in defense. But I have all the time in the world to learn,"

She shakes her head at the reference to those who wouldn't appreciate history.
"History came up with Ms LaFluer and my good friend Ricardo. We have at least 5 interested people...and those who don't find art interesting; or those with the maturity of children can drift off and look at the nude sculptures."

Jennifer shrugs.
"You can't ban the idiots from Country Club functions when they have the breeding; but lack the aptitude."

*Max grows silent, seemingly impressed with the woman's answer about the unknown.* I couldn't have said it better myself, Ms Hazelton. Should you ever wish to start down that path, I would very much enjoy talking to you about it... *The Reeve didn't know if Jennifer had any interest in the Dragons, but it never hurt to keep an eye out for new recruits.*

*Another small laugh as Jennifer describes her tastes in shoes.* There too we can agree; but you can't wear sneakers to everything...

*A curious eyebrow goes up when she talks about her gaming, a playful grin once more creeping across the Reeve's lips.* Really? I would think he would be happy to find someone with such high manual dexterity... *He skips a beat for just a moment, long enough for the female Haunt to get the joke, but not long enough for her to make a come back.* And don't feel bad, I was only an average athlete before coming here. In the few short years I've been in Sacramento, I've learned a lot about self defense...

*Max nods once more that the topic of appreciation of history and art, but Max quickly grows serious once again.* I can appreciate the different levels of intellect and maturity displayed by our members; but I would be careful where and to whom you voice your opinions, Ms Hazelton. I have a sense of humor; most of our fellows do not... *The Prince had already sentenced a few Kindred to the Barrens for inadvisable remarks about members of the city; it would be a shame to see another meet the same fate so soon.*

"I'd like to talk more about what you enjoy; and maybe what Madame Villiers does if she'd like. I still fear my mind hasn't been exposed to what it ought to have.
I was a bit sequestered from other members of the Club for most of my years,"

"Oh, I'd try to wear sneakers to every thing." She looks down to her purple New Balances, glancing back up to the Reeve with a smile.
"What if one of these 'courtesans' gets cheeky?"

Jen stifles a laugh when she gets it; tossing her head as she glances around to see if any one is tuning in now.
"I doubt I'd be a first choice for any overly dexterous acts. I am a bit of a workaholic." She smirks.
"Well, that is reassuring. My past experience has been to hide and observe; but I wish to be able to impact more.

"Oh; I'd never say such things to many. I've asked madam Villiers some of the disturbing things people have done in the Club, if to have a good idea of what to
avoid. The Club in Sacramento is a bit different from what I'm used to San Diego. More forgiving of some things that would be taboo."

Jennifer tilts her head; glancing at the Reeve with curiosity.
"Do you know of any subterranean places about the city? I've heard rumors of such and would love to get a chance to explore one."

*Max nods at Jennifer.* I would enjoy that, Ms Hazelton; feel free to stop by my office anytime you wish to discuss things. *He can only laugh as she looks at her shoes, it was refreshing to find a female that didn't obsess over her clothing like so many of the fashionistas that populated the city. Max found himself liking the young Haunt more and more as they talked.* Well, I have to agree I prefer comfort to fashion too.

And as far as being a workaholic; just be careful not to lose yourself in your work. What's the point of living if you can't enjoy it?
*The grin the Reeve wears masks his own thoughts, remembering not too long ago he tried to lose himself in the position of Reeve; and he succeeded too well. He decides not to speak about what was passable in Sacramento society; that was a culture shock she would have to adjust to just as Max did when he first arrived in town. Though, he did wonder what Jennifer would have made of one of Vicky's "shows" at Asylum...

Err, no. I can't say I do... *Max says as he glances to the other people gathering for the tour. Between chasing rogue Deputies, reptilian ghouls, and god knows what else, Max wasn't about to discuss the Sacramento underground in public. He does give Jennifer a barely noticeable nod though, perhaps something to discuss if she ever took up his offer to stop by his office.*

"I'd enjoy that. Thank you."

Jennifer smiles at the Reeve's laugh; clearly not self conscious about her footwear. As he glances around to the others; she inclines her head that she
understands.

"How long have you lived in Sacramento?" She wonders, following his gaze to glance around the couples present.
"I imagine this might not be showing you things you don't know; but it seems quite interesting to me. I'm mostly interested about the meaning behind the little
blurb,"
She smiles.
"Courtesans and crime. It sounds exciting."

About two years. *Max answers.* It doesn't seem that long, though...

*He smiles at the excitement Jennifer shows at the illicit stories the tour promised, but Max can only shake his head.* Well, I know a little about the history of the underground; and I'm afraid it wasn't closed off because of illegal activities. The city used to flood regularly, some times fifteen feet or more. So they raised the river bank, capped everything off, and built a new waterfront on top of it.

Though, I do have to wonder what went on down there; after it was capped off... *It would certainly have made an interesting resting place for the city's early Kindred.*

Two years seemed a good amount of time for her; for she measured her time by what she had learned since. Two years ago she had been skulking in the
shadows; unable to truly hide in them as she could now.
"I suppose times relative. It flies if your having fun," She tosses her head with a short laugh. " - and
I imagine you've been kept busy.

It's hard to imagine flooding. I grew up in San Diego and we were always in a drought; having to water lawns only on certain days for a specific length of time.
To imagine floods seems like something that would occur back East."

She lowers her eyes to the ground; as though imagining what could be beneath them now.

"Perhaps they'll show us some interesting places. I do have to wonder how secure the entrance is that they'll be taking us through."

Yes, very busy unfortunately. But lately I've been inspired to slow down a little... *Who or what inspired the Reeve is left unsaid as the tour guide, a young woman dressed in turn of the century clothes, waves a flashlight to bring the gathered patrons towards her. Max turns back to Jennifer, a playful smirk turning up one corner of his mouth.*

Well, Ms Hazelton; care for a partner, or are you planning on going stag?
*Max winks, offering his arm to the Haunt.*

"Mr. Heinz, I'd love to accompany you." She smiles in return, taking his proffered arm.
"I'm sure the tour will be best spent in your company."