Sitting on the frontsteps of her house, Dana was trying hard to remember. Decades ago, during the brief period she went to school, Dana had seen her share of Biology class documentaries. The lion ate the zebra. The shark ate the smaller fishes. The
wolves ate the hares. All predators.

Another thing she leraned about wolves was how the weaker ones would behave in the presence stronger ones. Sometimes they would fight, but more often than not the weaker would roll over and show its belly to the stronger. It would recognize power and yield to it. There was no shame in that, it was the nature of the wolf.

The man was the one who should be ashamed, trying to bully and terrorize the predator that would tear him apart and drink him dry. Yet all in the youth in front of her was about boasting: the bandana, the colorful oversized clothes, the volume in his waist where he sometimes rested his right hand, the expensive and ill-tasted jewelry he wore all over him, and finally the big, black rotweiller by a leash at his left. all that screamed I'm a wolf, bitch, and I'm gonna eat you raw.

Yet all I see are two pups. Two overgrown pups, and the wolf is in front of you, sharpening her claws.
The kid - he was no more than that, a kid - had been threatening the neighborhood almost every night, bullying the elderly, the single moms, working girls and smal cons, everyone but the real players, getting money by using his mean beast. [/color="orange"]But mine is meaner than yours.[/color]

"So, new rules on the 'hood, ma'am. This dog 'ere, his food ain't cheap, aye? But a gal gotta eat her meat, a'ight? If not, y'know, she might go after other kind of meat, y'know what I'm saying? She eats veal, she likes her meat soft, know whatcha'm saying? Kid ox meat. But if she goes hungry, she might go after kid kid meat. Aye?"

"I have no kids. Never had." Dana stared at the gangsta pretender and his dog. She briefly remembered someone else and her dog... But that is a dangerous pair. This is a sorry one. She let the smile slip, curious of how that might end. Not prettily for him, that was sure.

"What you smiling at, wench? You thinking anything here funny? Gabi here can show you, yeah she can. So why
don't you pay your taxes like a good citizen?"
As the banger was saying his number, the dog stopped growling as it was doing for the last minutes. It had finally caught the scent of undeath in front of it, it seemed, and started to tremble, its tail between its legs. Suddenly, it started barking and trying to get off its leash, moving away from Dana as she watched with delight. The man stared at his pet, disbelieving what was heppening. "Yo, Gabi, girl, what's up? Calm up, girl, calm up!"

Dana remembered the task Hierophant Silver set upon her. Embrace your true nature. her nature was strength, power. She was the predator. She looked to the man and the animal struggling; what would be better than teaching some misguided kine their true place in the order of things? The occasion was ripe. She rose with a malevolous grin.

"I didn't tell to get up! Calm up, girl, damn it!" The man was barely able to keep his grip on the leash; to reach the steel he was packing, he would need to let go the dog. Dana didn't want that; the dog was needed for what she had in mind. The Masquerade. She looked around and saw no one else; nothing could make it more perfect. She walked towards them.

"S-stay where you are!" Maybe the bully's courage evaporated the moment his pretense victim stood up; maybe he could feel something else was wrong. Bogdana paid no mind; her attention was solely focused on the dog, on its rolling eyes trying to avoid her gaze, its fearful barks... Soon one neighbor or anothe rwould turn a light on and come to a window; she needed to act fast. Looking at the eyes of the beast, wondering if it could see her own Beast through her eyes, she concentrates and lets the world slip by, opening her lips to let go two words.

"Bite him."

Obedience, 3 successes
Date Action Roll Result
2011-09-17 15:26:54 Bogdana Blaszaniyk rolls 5 to Presence + Animal Ken + Animalism - dog's Composure (WillPower) 8, 6, 4, 9, 9 3 successes

"WhaAAAAAAAAAAAAIEEEEE" before he could notice, the jaws of the black dog were closed upon his right leg. His howl of pain accompanied his fall, but even as he hit the ground the dog wouldn't let go. "STOP STOP STOP AIE STOP PLEASE" His pants were ragged between the dog's teeth now, the thick red fluid dripping on the ground. He looked in panic to the dog, and to the vampire. Cold sweat covered his face; he understands. He tried to mutter something, but it looked like he didn't have even the strength to put a couple of words together anymore. He looked like he would pass out any moment now.

The scream would have awakened everybody near now, but the lesson wasn't done. Behind her, the door to the building's hall and to her apartment was still open. She crouched close to the bleeding boy (looking close, that was it - he was just a boy, probably on his late teens) and spoke once again to the dog. "Inside." Obediently, the dog dropped the leg and went in. Dana then faced the man. She let a finger go through the blood soaking his leg, then licked it. It was too much for him; he fainted.

Dana knew she shouldn't, but she still looked around and saw no one coming, no lighted windows, and heard nothing but the usual evening noises. She couldn't help herself here, the urge was too strong and she was too hungry; she bit his neck and drank copiously, stopping short of letting the man beyond saving, licking the bite wound and wiping her mouth afterward. Finally, she heard a window opening, and looking behind her she saw someone by it, the second floor of a close building. [color="orange"]"That crazy dog of his, it attacked him! Can you call 911? I think he is pretty bad!!"[/close] Dana put up her most convincing concerned-neighbor mask, and a male voice answered. "I will. I shouldn't bother, but I will. We'd be better without him, though." He closed the window noisily, and Dana wondered what he had seem. Maybe he could be a problem in the future if he had catched her as she was feeding... But she wouldn't linger on that tonight.

Dana went back inside, and the dog was on her living room, lying still, but with fear in its eyes. Carelessly, Dana patted its fur, thick and black as a moonless night, letting her hand dance along its body. It was a pretty, strong animal, she had to concede on that. Smiling, she wondered if Hierophant Silver was fond of animals; it would make a nice gift, after all.

Her nails went along the animal's throat, trying to figure a razor or dagger going there. If Hierophant Silver doesn't like it, she mused absently, perhaps the Mother will.