Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Tonight the sky shows us the waning crescent of September, the Harvest Moon. It shines upon an old church where one person inside is waiting. Chris Wooding stands in the middle of the Temple of the Woven Circle, waiting for his fellow Acolytes to arrive. Dana Blaszanyik , the Maiden, Nao Zhong ( MissMafia ), the new arrival. And the Hierophant, David Silver . The ritual room is lit by five sources of dimmed light standing equally divided across the space.

Upon entering everyone sees that there is a pentagram on the floor, in front of Chris, which is made of blood. On each point stands a different object. The upper point which is closest to Chris has incense smoking on it. Following are a bowl of water, a red burning candle, three rocks half lying in sand, and a mirror with several different feathers laying on it. In the middle of the five pointed star lays a large silver plate, with several things on it. One of them is a silver chalice. Just behind his feet was a piece of black cloth on the wooden floor. Three other of such pieces were laying on the ground around the pentagram, obviously meant to sit on. It would have been perfect if one more would be there, but the Vala was already happy with every acolyte there was next to himself.

Whenever someone enters the Temple Chris gestures to one of the places to seat, remaining silent. He is wearing simple grey clothes, tending to be longer and wider than he would usually wear.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David enters, his clothes are bright and cheerful, oranges and yellows and greens, presenting a cacophany of color. He has a smile on his face, and seems to be in good spirits. As he walks, he seems to be patting something in his pocket, but what exactly it is is difficult to say. He looks over the pentagram that the Vala had set up, and the seating, before nodding in approval.

3-4-5 is a strong setup, though very hierarchical in focus. I wonder what Chris is going to do for this evening. Ruining a ritual with a power coup would not be wise at all. Hopefully Chris understands that. Though he needs a new quest.

He sits down at the seat of Earth and Water, and sits still as he focuses his mind on the ritual.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

M
    MissMafia

The first thing Nao thought of as she enters the temple is how inappropriate everything seemed. First of all, the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival already passed. Second, these ritual items don't correspond to anything she's every associated with the harvest. Ignorant Westerners. At least they possessed the pentagram common to geomantic rites. She hides her annoyance well though as she takes a seat.

Nao was dressed in a semi-formal school uniform-like outfit, the better to stay incognito for this occultish activity. In her left hand she holds an item wrapped in cloth. It's shaped like a rod with a bulging circumference in the space between the top third and fourth of its length, kind of like a sword.

W
    WiseGreen

Dana enters the temple, doning simple but bright clothes - a skirt and blouse in cothon, both green (the skirt a bit darker), and leather sandals. In her hands, a leash - a black female dog drags behind her, its fur as dark as it could have been. Its size could give it a feral look, if it wasn't moaning rolling its eyes in fear, as a calf entering a slaughterhouse. With some trouble, she ties the leash to a corner and takes the last sit, giving a respectful nod to her fellow acolytes. She doesn't break the silence, though.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Thank you all for coming here tonight.' Chris lifts his head to look at his fellow Acolytes, his expression shows the concentration he's in. 'We are here for the celebration of the Autumn Equinox, I, you Vala, shall lead us through this ritual, with the approval of our most respected Hierophant Silver.' Due to the recent suspicions of going above David Silver, Chris wants to make clear who is still their spiritual leader. 'During the Summer we suffered from the power of the sun, lived with the burden of short nights. In time of longer days we mourned for those who we’ve lost. But this is a time of balance, during the Autumn day and night are equally divided, this Equinox is sacred to our Mothers and Fathers. In the time of balance we think back to the time of mourning, but we also look forward to the more promising nights. We can thank our Protector that we are yet walking among this Earth. The Earth given by the Crone.'

He sits down on the piece of cloth, a movement causing the smoke to make a sudden movement towards the others.

'The Earth that makes our existence worthy, we life from its fruits, for also humans can be alive thanks to the fertile soil beneath our feet. But we cannot only take from the Crone, we need to give back to be able to receive. We must live in balance, now sow the seeds to harvest in times of need. We will offer our most precious gift, sacrifice the fluid of life, our blood, to begin this ritual of Thanksgiving. That the Crone may hear our prayers, accept our offers…

Chris moves his upper body to lean forward with his hand hanging above the middle of the pentagram. He takes a knife and slices in his own palm, then after a second he makes the blood flow out of his wound, while it's dripping in the chalice.

'Hereby I give my own Blood to show my Faith in the Crone.'

The Vala firmly takes the blade to then hand the knife over to David.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David takes up the knife and chalice, and raises them in supplication.

"Blood is life, and as I sit, in the Seat of Water, the bringer of life, and Earth, the builder of life, I am humbled by the gift of the Goddess. I joyfully offer up my Blood to the Crone."

David slits his wrist, the blood falling in ponderous drops into the chalice to mix with Chris', before he passes the blade and chalice to Bogdana.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

W
    WiseGreen

Dana takes a glance at the burning candle, then takes knife and chalice from the Hierophant's hands.

"Fire is our bane, our nemesis, a harbinger of pain and destruction. But our Mother sends it to us so through pain she can teach us her wisdom, and the flame brings us both peril and enlightment. Through hurting we endure, and the lessons carved with flesh and paid with blood can't be forgotten. For the tribulation that makes us stronger, I thank the Crone with my blood." The blade cuts through skin and muscle, and soon after the Savage's blood is mixing with the Shadows'. She passes chalice and blade to the eastern woman.

M
    MissMafia

Nao listened to the incantations of her betters and realized that their faith was quite different from her own. The pentagram did not seem to correspond with the Wu Xing. There was no mention of the element of Metal. The Hierophant claimed dominion over multiple elements. Nao was a stranger in a strange land, but she did not wish to offend by pointing this out.

She takes the blade and chalice from Dana and closes her eyes as she slits her palm. The blood seeps slowly into the chalice as Nao mouths some words. No sounds comes out at first, as Nao tries to find the right words to invoke. "I...praise, honor, and worship our Mother Ancestor, the Crone, with my acts. Through reenacting Her Tribulations, I bring myself closer to Her and Her Enlightenment. I thank Her with this gift of eternal life."

Nao rises out of her seat to skip the empty one and bring the items to Chris. As she returns to her seat, she muses to herself how appropriate that Chris Wooding placed himself at the throne of Wood according to the Wu Xing. He really was the only one she could understand.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

When Nao gives back the knife and chalice Chris sends her a slight smile, trying to soothe her somehow. After the short look he turns his attention back to all of them. The one Autumnal Equinox Chris had witnessed before had taken a lot more hours than he planned to sit here this evening, yet the Vala wanted to use all of the most important parts of the ritual.

He places the knife back on the large plate but holds the chalice with blood, in such a manner that the inscribed pentagram was visible for all the others. 'We have now united our blood to one sacrifice, created a union of all elements. Smoke symbolizing our spirit, a beacon of faith, then the soothing powers of water, with the earth which grants us life and strength, followed by fire that guides us with its light but also reminds us of the dangers in this life and then air, bringing enlightening winds, proves us the limitless possibilities of our existence.' When speaking of air Chris rises to his feet, bows his head to the chalice and then steps back to turn towards the altar standing in the back of the old church.

There they notice a bowl with red fruits. 'We offer our blood to the Crone, the Mother of all aspects.' It looks like Chris sprinkles the blood over the fruits, but in truth he adds it to other blood already under the bowl. He shortly kneels before the altar and then takes the plate from the altar, with the bowl standing on the middle of it. He returns to the Circle, walking very cautious. He sits down on the cloth and holds the plate with the bowl of blood soaked fruits in front of him. He lowers it to the ground and takes a blood orange in his hands.

'May we harvest our faith like we will harvest this bloodied fruits.' And he places the fruit on his mouth, sucking all the blood out of it. It tastes sweet like the fruit, but everyone notices slices and realizes the pulp had actually absorbed real blood.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Triple Vinculum, now 100% off!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread