Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
Grudge Match

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    K
    Kazakin

Rook snorted into his beer at the gesture, muting his laughter and shook his head.

"I just don't like throwing down when someone's trying to commit suicide in the ring,"
    he said bluntly to Nightfall. "I didn't sign up for the Court of Self-Pity, so I'm not feeding someone else's." He glanced over as Otto spoke, gauging the weight of the words.

"Her name's 'Katrin'. You've got a thing with refusing to call people by their right names, huh?" the Metalflesh said drily. Interesting though. If only he couldn't think of a lot of reasons for someone as insane as Rust not to know about something. Or for people to not want to tell things to Otto. "Sounds worth investigating further before anyone makes any snap judgements."

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary giggles and blushes at Alex' offer for payment, with her behavior seeming to be just a bit out from under her own control. After a couple beats of resembling a beet, she replies, "I wasn't expecting anything, but if you'd like to pick up my tab sometime I won't complain."

She then centers herself for a moment, continuing with a much more apparently contemplative remark, her brow furrowed to match. "Do you suppose I could make a regular service out of this?" She raises her hand to her mouth, suppressing laughter at her own act, but the question seems to be at least a quarter serious.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Queen. It's Queen Katrin," Nightfall corrects softly, giving Otto an inscrutable look.

There was a few moments as the Fairest's thoughts tried to digest everything the Beast had said.

"Are you... asking me about the Queen of Tears? Or the Onyx Court? I'm not more in the know than anyone else, despite my past -- and if I was... no offense, but I wouldn't tell you."

"Yes" Alex replies.

Then his brain catches up. "I mean. Yes, to feel like I do now? Yes."
    Alex puts his hands behind his back and squares his shoulders.
    He feels taller for some reason. His chain tail waves lightly behind him. "But, just that."

Mary is pretty. But Alex wonders if her Desire is as off as his Wrath.
    "I have to go." Alex takes out his phone. "But I'll cover that tab, give me your number. I'll honor that sometime." Alex looks up at Mary with a smile. Yes, Hopefully this dream would last a good long time.

Alex's cat ears swivel backward toward the other conversation. No, let it go. They would say whatever. He could live with that.

B
    Beej

"Katrin, Katrina..close enough for government work." Otto said with a shrug.

"People and the fucking names and titles." Otto thought. "Bad as those bass hungry bastards out of Napolis."

Otto sighed and shook his head. "Look, you've been around here for awhile and the head of Dawn. I figured you might know something about entitlements operating in the borders. I'm supposed to look into this and the fetch thing and that privateer cat and keep Alice updated on everything. So if you don't want to talk about it, fine. I'm just doing my job." The Beast's little ears twitch in irritation.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall raised an elegant, elfin eyebrow at Otto's first words, and opened his mouth as if to try correcting the other again.

Then he kept talking.

The eyebrow settled, and the Polychromatic's features returned to complete blankness... save for a slight paling, highlighting the crimson flush that blossomed at at his cheeks.

"You're asking me about Katrin for Alice?"

The words were soft, conversational, and apparently titles left behind.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

Whatever the Beast might have meant, it was lost in a wave of frustration and a whirl of other emotions as the Fairest lost his composure and yelled the question.

He swallowed the last of his drink, slamming the glass down on the bar. Pausing, as if to say more, he shook his head and left, leaving the other two standing at the bar.

"He never raised his voice. Even with me. That was smooth Otto. Is there a Guineas back there? Mary, do you want one?"

As Alex draws close he offers a hand outward toward Rook. "I meant it that I was wrong. For the record I wasn't wishing you would kill me. I'm glad you didn't."

Alex shifts his weight. "I just want things to be normal again. I know a I fucked up. But life goes on and we have a job. Peace?"

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary writes out her contact info on a napkin, using a metallic blue, glittery gel pen that happened to be in easy reach when she dug in her purse. Replying to the offered drink, she says "Sure. As a matter of habit I don't refuse anything both free and palatable. Starving artist, and whatnot."

K
    Kazakin

Rook looked at Otto for a moment. He couldn't quite believe the implications that came out of the Beast's mouth. Behind the newly restored mirrored sunglasses, shuttered lenses moved into sharp focus, as if looking for the lie. Then he shook his head very slighly and emptied the rest of his drink down his throat.

"That was Goddamn low of you," the Metalflesh said in a low voice. "And damned cruel. I suggest you get the Hell out of here." It wasn't really a suggestion. The way Rook's body moved sent a very, very clear message.

Or I'll throw you out myself.

His fortified features turned to regard Rust as he approached.

"Actions," he said bluntly. "Not words. I don't hold much stock in what people say. They lie too damn much, even to themselves. When I've seen something I believe in, in you? Then I'll shake your hand."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri looked from the door and down to the bar. When she looked back to Spartan, her face said it all, especially when she saw Nightfall slam down his glass and leave, about as much of an outburst of emotion as she had ever witnessed from the Fairest.

"Well, no-one's dead," Terri chuckled dryly. She picked up the box of Faith's stuff. "I better get going. You'll be fine, Spartan. Don't forget, you can always drop by the boutique if you...well, if you need a chat or anything pink or frilly." She gave him a friendly wink and a laugh before heading back downstairs and home.

I'll be closing this later today. Sorry for the delay.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.