Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
151 - 160
DISPLAYED
(1109) Coronation of Autumn

Page 16 of 20 First ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last

Stripes took a deep breath and made his way toward the front of the crowd as well. He lowered his head and took one knee in the present of his court's ruler.

"On my true name, I swear to follow these laws and never endanger this freehold. Let my mind stay whole and focused so long as I do but may I be banished from these lands should I break this oath." Stripes intoned, feeling the settling of the oath in his mind.

With a smile, he looked up at the court leaders for their approval before standing.

JUNO
    Juno's hands came together in a polite round of applause for the newly minted Sovereign. It was a traditional Feline practice to refrain from spectacular acts of public approval after all.

The Manticoress, however, was very happy and proud for the Autumn couple. Rick seemed like the sort who would do well in that position, and she certainly wished him well in his newly ordained career.

That passed quickly. Enzo having turned Loyalist was news she would have rather not heard. Her intense blue eyes glanced over at Doctor Jack - was he as upset, no, embarassed as she was to learn that a former member of Spring had pretty much decided to take a shit on his fellow Lost?

JUSTIN

The Manikin intoned the words of the Freehold Pledge, feeling a slight tug as the nature of the Oath settled itself in for another year. No matter how many times he had found himself wondering about his place in the Freehold, the Pledge provided him with a reminder that he did indeed have a connection with the others.

S
    Spartan

Spartan listens along with everyone to the words of the new King, Enzo's return... and the Peter Milford. Enzo had become Spartan's enemy the moment he turned on the hold. And Spartan will kill him. But first Milford. He must be stopped, no matter the cost.

After renewing the Oath Spartan gestures for Rook and Xerxia ( Sphendule ) to join him and walks over to the buffet where he loads up a plate... and then another one.... and then another one... and then another one... then he realizes he should save room for desert and makes his way to table to sit and eat.

A
    Arieoelle

Seeing her chance to finally join a new freehold, Felena waited until Stripes had made his oath then drew herself into a deep curtsy, bad luck for her to join right after a member of her kith had apparently gone traitor but Felena couldn't help that, just pledge her own loyalty.

On my true name, I swear that I will follow the laws of the freehold and do nothing to bring danger upon us. If I ever violate my oath may I be banished and never return.

PRE

Rick is crowned and Irea takes the opportunity to renew her Pledge.

As Yui settles back to his seat he takes a moment to recall where they left off.
    "Oh, Rusty. Honestly I couldn't tell you what the foil cat is up too. He always seemed off to me."
    Yui finds himself eyeing his drink. "I'm sure his Court will handle him. If not. I think we could handle him." The difference of tone in that one words speaks volumes.

"It may be a good idea for him to earn a babysitter now that you say it.." Yui turns to study the subject of the discussion. "One mad King unchecked and we almost lost our Queen."

"A second mad King unchecked..." Yui glances at Irea seriously. "You want to volunteer?"

Marcus Evan

PRE

What about me...?

"Er, you know, mostly odd jobs. I fix things for people and make stuff they need. I do a bit of custom metalwork and sculpture, but nothing too big, mind you. I don't really have the space for that. I've been thinking about possibly opening my own place, but I'm not sure there's a market for..."

Marcus fumbles his phone out of his pocket and scrolls through a few pictures. He shows Abigail a few intricately engraved weapons with complex scrollwork, a few cunningly wrought pieces of jewelry, and a tree fountain with amazingly lifelike metal leaves and plump, luscious fruit apparently dangling from its welded limbs.

"... this sort of thing."

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

So it seems like there hasn't been much headway in looking into Fairweather... the Fairest notes as she applauds for Rick, grinning at him friendlily.

When she sees her king's summons, she nods, loading up a plate with Mrs. Rosemary's delicious food, and heads over to where Spartan had sat.

PRE

Irea once again found time to ponder her response while she was in the bottom of her glass. Yui's proposition was not one to be taken lightly, but it was one that she had to consider. Watching someone like Rust was a task that would be filled with peril and uncertainty, but every day that she stayed out of her Keepers grasp was just the same, even if it wasn't quite as apparent, and there could be safety in a friendship with the disgraced King, a formidable Lost indeed. After all, it wasn't his madness that worried her; deep in the realm of Faerie, the Moon had become her mother and now it's tides ran in her veins, so she had no fear of the Labyrinth Rust might be walking in, but the dire, chaotic, and possibly lethal trouble he might be headed towards did send a shiver of fear dancing down her spine.

Yet, again, hadn't she just been politely complaining about feeling estranged? Wasn't this an opportunity to change that, and to help protect her Queen and her freehold?

"Si," Rea murmured, her glass hovering just at her lips. "I could handle him...and I can watch him. Would you tell the Queen I am about this?"

"I can. But you can catch her yourself? She would appreciate your drive all the more for seeing you own it." Yui turns to back to smile at Irea. "After all, this is your idea" Yui grins mischievously.

PRE

"As you say," the Darkling replied, nodding gently. "But I must first speak with Rust, and determine how I shall go about this. From his side or from the shadows, of course."

"You have my thanks, Yui. Take care until we can meet and have cake once again." Rea grinned airily and gave a flighty wave before stepping away. She had someone to talk to...

Page 16 of 20 First ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last
Closed Thread