Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
First night in the office

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

The lights are up in the Court. Noise of music from above drifts down The Stairs. But tiny Martha is too busy in the Avalon Court to ponder the latest dance beat.

Dressed in her black riding attire with top hat and cane, she is carefully tacking up a new Proclamation:

Be it known to all and singular,

That, by the Grace of Asa Clarke, Alder Viscount of the Invictus, Master of the Domain of Sacramento, on this day that Miss Daniella Sage, of Clan Mekhet, is hereby appointed to be Bailiff, Deputy Keeper, of the Elysia of the Domain of Sacramento.

With this Office, the Bailiff acts as a Deputy to the Master and Keeper of Elysia of the Domain of Sacramento.

The Terms of Office

The duly appointed holder of the Office of Bailiff shall be in Office until Destroyed or Relieved of the Office at the Gift of the Alder Prince, The Herald, the Seneschal or duly appointed Deputy thereof the aforementioned Officers.

The Bailiff shall be appointed only by the Alder Prince, the Herald or the Keeper of Elysia of the Domain of Sacramento

The Bailiff is required to attend each Court

The Bailiff is required to Patrol the Elysia and discharge their Duties of Office with diligence and care

The Bailiff is, at the request of an Acknowledged member of the Domain, to make necessary arrangements to make a room, or rooms, available for the use as per the request.

The Bailiff shall contribute to the making of arrangements for any Court Affair as required

The Bailiff will respond with swift diligence to any reasonable request for assistance raised by the Reeve, a Deputy of the Reeve, or other Duly Appointed senior Officer of Court to defend the Elysia, the Alder Prince, Courtiers and bring any malefactor to Justice or Control.

The Bailiff shall be expected to co-ordinate and co-operate with the Reeve, the Herald and Deputies to ensure the preservation of the security of the Elysia

The Bailiff shall make reports to the Herald and Reeve upon Kindred as they arrive within the Domain

The Bailiff shall be expected to raise the alarm, with as little delay as practically possible, regarding any clear and present danger to the Elysia or Domain to which they become cognizant.

Powers and Perquisites of Office

The Bailiff is entitled to wear and carry weapons within the curtelage of each Elysia.

The Bailiff is entitled to make full use of the Powers of the Blood in the execution and completion of their Duties

The Bailiff shall be permitted to exercise physical force proportionate to that required to bring control to a situation; to Defend the Alder Prince or His Officers of Court and to Defend the Sanctity of Elysia.

The Bailiff can be expected to receive Aid from the Reeve or a Deputy Reeve in the event of an emergency.

Terms of Address

The Bailiff shall be addressed as Bailiff, or Deputy Keeper or Warden.

By Order

Asa Clarke,
    Alder Prince of the Domain of Sacramento

Martha took a few limping steps back to study the position of the notice. Was it straight? Yes. Did it look neat? She thought so. Was it useful? Time would tell.

She smiled as she looked about the Court, straightened the long train of black silk that was tied to the torso of her hat and fussed near some of the more modest decorations of Court.

Her thoughts ran to Jacqui. Jacqui had promised to supply some interesting floral displays for Court, but she had never made that meeting with Martha. Had Jacqui fallen prey to some terror? Was she in Torpor? Martha did not know. Leaning on her cane, she gave some thought to how she might try to find out as she checked the time on her cell phone and waited.

Hoping to catch the newly appointed Bailiff for their meeting.

Quietly hoping that Daniella would not fall prey to some nameless terror en route too.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella hurries as she checks the time, realizing she took longer getting ready then she planned. She finally decided on a pair of black pants with a sleeveless black blouse. Her hair was down, she had her silver choker on, and she hoped she was dressed ok for the patrol.

Making her way into the lower part of the Avalon, she spots Martha. She hurries over, and greets the Herald with a warm smile, "I hope I haven't kept you waiting too long Herald Villiers." she gives a respectful bow. "I wasn't sure what was appropriate attire for patrol, and it took me longer then I hoped." her tone was apologetic and sincere.

Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha examines the outfit with obvious care. Wide eyed she studied the shoes and the pants, nodding as Daniella spoke. "Oh...you are on time, Bailiff!" she smiles happily. "I should imagine that your clothing is most appropriate! Though I am hardly in a position to judge on matters of style." a happy smile. "I do hope you are well, Bailiff! You see...you have caught me examining the Warrant of your Office!" she gestures with graceful wave of a hand and a happy smile to the Proclamation.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

"I am glad to hear I am on time." she smiles. Hearing Marthas take on her outfit, she smiles bigger, "Well thank you Herald Villiers! And I honor your opinion highly on my choice of outfits!" while they had different tastes in style, Marthas approval was one Daniella sought. "I am doing well, thank you for asking. And yourself?" she steps to the Warrant, reading what it says. She smiles, a little embarrassed at how official it was, "I have to say, it sounds amazing! I only hope I do not disappoint you or the Alder Prince, as I intend to serve to the best of my ability." she smiles gratefully at Martha.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and nods happily. "I am doing very well, thank you for asking!" she chirps. "Did you have any questions before we began, Bailiff?" all wide eyed. She leaned on her cane, watching Daniella with gentle eagerness.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Reading the Warrant again, making sure she understood what her role was to be, she looks at Martha. "I have no questions right now, though I may have some as the night goes on. I feel once we get started things will start to fall into place." she clasps her hands in front of her, "I am looking forward to starting."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Smiling, Martha nods. "Excellent!" she chirps, "I though we meet start by taking a walk to the Lily and seeing what was going on there! Patrol the route along the way...we must be attentive to rooftops and alleyways...and see what is occuring at the Lily upon arrival! It is a very grand place, miss." a smile. She adjusts her top hat and her posture with her cane and, with a smile and graceful hand gesture, she invites Daniella to walk with her towards the Elevator. She looks around to make sure everything is locked and secure before leaving...and makes certain all the various alarms are at ready too before heading into the Elevator.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella smiles, remembering the Lily, a very fine establishment. "The Lily? A very fine place!" though the Lily was very nice, she had been enjoying her company more. She wondered if she was going to get to enjoy that company again, she had rather enjoyed their conversation. "The rooftops and alleyways? I will make sure I watch each with my Auspex." she pauses, thinking, 'That is, if you believe it will be useful. I always find it easier to defuse situations with it on." nodding, she follows Martha to the elevator.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods happily. "Indeed! Auspex can provide a significant advantage to some situations!" she tries a smile, presses the button for the elevator and rubs hard, very hard, at her crippled hip. Smiling to Daniella. "If we are on patrol together, Bailiff, we should be certain to watch out for each other! Mutual support!"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella smiles, pleased her Auspex would help, she was looking forward to using it. She had not used it since arriving in the city, and missed having it on. "I agree Madam Herald!" she pauses as Martha pushes the button. "If you don't mind me asking, have you ever run into any trouble on your patrols?" her tone one of curiosity, for if Martha had experienced any problems in the past, it would help Daniella understand what she might be up against, if it came to it that is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread