Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Lancea et Sanctum Meeting

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    M
    MrBrightside

It felt good to have the approval of the entire covenant. Castor hoped that he could build a respectable collection for this new church. He can't help but smile a little when they offer such wholehearted support. "I am glad you all feel so strongly. The offers for help are most appreciated." He looks at each of his fellows. "Deacon Grigoriev, if you could decide on a room that would be outstanding. Also, I am hardly a carpenter. If there is a room with shelves already present that would save some time and money. If not I can find shelves I'm sure. Furniture donations would be a benefit. Perhaps a few chairs, a table. Things like that. Aside from that I will cover book purchases myself." He looks around and takes a moment to think. "That's all that comes to mind. I am of course open to suggestions. This library will be all of ours, so anything that is an improvement is welcome." Castor's tone is up beat. He tries to be reserved but it is clear that he is excited about the project.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"As a matter of fact," Dillon speaks up, with a glance to the others, "I think it would be a good idea for us not only to assist Brother Drake's efforts, but to each think of a similarly beneficial project to undertake. It would be an important reinforcement of the fellowship that the Spear in Sacramento may have lacked in the past.

"We are all very nearly strangers to each other in this room. That will have to change, and this is the perfect way to start. Small, lasting ways to make each other's Purpose more clear, or productive."

Already, Dillon feels Moore House is being cleansed of the dark paranoia and fear of the former Bishop. For this to continue, the burden has to be the borne by the entire Covenant, and not just Sidor Grigoriev.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"Doctor Powell, I believe you're rather good with your hands. Why don't you help Brother Drake with the carpentry? I believe there's several particularly suitable rooms in the basement- the old morgue holding areas. It should be dry and cool down there, and we hardly have need of space for so many corpses," Sidor said drily. "Furniture can probably be salvaged from some of the other rooms, or if necessary, bought. It is not as if it is particuarly expensive nowadays." He had seen Ikea, after all, although the mental image of forcing Doctor Powell and Brother Connery to try and decipher Swedish instructions amused him on some level. Perhaps just out of wondering who would snap first and start attacking the paper.

The implication that he did not know the other two people in the room made his left eyebrow twitch slightly in surprise. Certainly, Drake was fairly new, but Sidor was reasonably certain he had the measure of him. As for Doctor Powell, she was his protégée. He knew her as easily as he could read a book. Clearly, the role of Priscus as Dillon saw it was less... involved. Still, it was not important. Just another mild disappointment.

"Indeed. Since you have volunteered, Brother Connery, I wonder what project you would consider taking?" And will you aim so low as to assure disappointing success, or so high as to assure your own sabotage this time?

I
    Irina

"Sure thing. I'm sure, between the two of us, it won't be too difficult to sort out." The chance to do something tangible- even if if was building things, or getting a decent room together- it was something that could be considered useful. Besides, Doctor Powell rather liked getting her hands dirty and it this was what it took, so be it.

Perhaps then I can add interior decorating to my list of new skills, she thought dryly.

M
    MrBrightside

"I look forward to it Sister Powell." Castor's voice is warm. This would be his contribution to the Church. He couldn't help but feel grateful to once again be in service. This was an environment where he thrived. With Irina to help, the task would prove simple enough and he could make a friend in the process. If the Deacon, soon to be Bishop, saw this service as a positive movement within the church, Castor could have a legitimate niche in Sacramento. In past cities the Bishops were much to paranoid to give him any real responsibility. That or they would assign him truly unpleasant tasks, such as the inquisition. To be here in a free environment serving the faith felt elating.

Sidor's comment to Dillon draws Castor's attention back to the Gangrel. Don't pick an impossible task. Rome wasn't built in a day, but she burned in one night.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Unaware of the fact the he is mirroring the Deacon, Dillon's own eyebrow raises briefly. Was it just him, or did that last line come out a little... sharply?

Because poor Dillon is also unaware of the nature of Sidor and Josephine's relationship, lack of context at his comment on her being 'goot vith her hants' notwithstanding, but perhaps he will catch on belatedly. They had been a part of this domain longer than he had, but who is to assume Vampires can ever really know each other?

Dur... you da boss, Boss.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-24 08:17:11 Dillon Connery rolls 8 to Sense disapproval/dissapointment (Wits+Empathy) (1s Subtract, WillPower) 7, 1, 5, 8, 1, 1, 1, 9 failure

Anyway, Dillon opens his hands in resignation on the table. "I was merely proposing; Deacon Grigoriev, I hadn't planned that far ahead. I will be more than happy to share the idea with all of you when I have one. I'd like to see us strengthening the bonds we have, and forging ones we don't, that's all. Division among us will not serve the Purpose."
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor nodded to Castor and Josephine. He appreciated their desire to find a niche and a new way of fulfilling the Purpose within the Domain. In addition, libraries were something he had always enjoyed. Reading was fascinating- a way of transferring knowledge that he would always approve of. He had spent many hours basking in the wisdom of those who had put it to paper.

He glanced at Dillon and after a moment, nodded as well.

"Well then. Until you have another project, I suggest you help Brother Drake and Doctor Powell. It will be a good way of forging those bonds while I am briefly out of the city. Once I have returned, there is a more serious investigation to undergo- but I think you will be able to begin in my absence. Converting a room to a library will take a great deal of time. In the recent upheaval, it must also be noted that we have not identified the individual who murdered a neonate on this house's grounds. Exploring the grounds might yield something. And your presence here will keep a solid watch on the place."

Although with my luck, Anton will have destroyed whatever the evidence was in his rages.

I
    Irina

It appeared that the Haunts amongst the group were going to be taking part in another investigation, this time on behalf of the Sanctified - well, it would give her investigative abilities a work out, if nothing else.

"Alright," Josephine nodded gently. That was two things to be getting on with, of importance. It would keep them busy, and with luck they would have something of substance when the Deacon, soon to be Bishop, returned.

M
    MrBrightside

"Who was killed on the grounds?" Killing someone within the Sanctified's church was a surprising turn of events to say the least.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon is about to impart the information Anton had given he and Sidor at the last meeting, but stops short of opening his mouth. The Deacon was the speaker here. And it seemed as though every time Dillon opened his mouth to be helpful, Sidor reminded him of that. He wouldn't hold it against the other, but it was slightly frustrating to be treated like a one hundred and seventy year old child. What's that saying about nice guys and where they finished?

Instead, he glances to Doctor Powell, looking for the hint of recognition in her eyes at the 'news'. Had Sidor told her anything about it? But the hint of recognition must surely be reflecting in Dillon's own eyes, because there's that very faint sensation that he knows her from somewhere.

Not now, the Gangrel tells himself, and looks politely to the head of the table.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.