Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Carthian Movmement Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

PRE

Sarah shook each of the offered hands firmly and raised an eyebrow as she caught a glance of the book before Brenn thumped it against the table. The rope and the previously open page causing a moment of internal soul searching as the Southern Belle remembered what such a statement had meant in the geographical area where she grew up. It was not a very pleasant memory. Still the Daeva keeps her composure and takes a seat gracefully and without any grand gestures, preferring to take stock of the words being spoken by the other Kindred in the small room. When Lance speaks, Sarah turns to him with a hint of a smile that suggests she saw the same irony in their meeting room that he did and shared a similar concern.

"Well then I guess it is good for the Movement to have a fresh start, if its previous membership caused Mr. Pope to make such an interesting gesture." She shrugs. "I do agree with Mr. Rayner's concerns over the choice of a meeting location, while it in itself might be a simple matter of this establishment being a central meeting place for all our kind, adding Mr. Pope's symbolic gesture to the mix does cast a bit of doubt on the whole scene."

When John talks about taking notes ... in a meeting where there was a good chance they were being monitored ... Sarah simply shrugs. "Maybe we should hold off on the note taking for a few minutes, introduce ourselves and talk a bit about why we're here." She visibly turns her attention to room, seemingly to suggest that the type of major planning requiring note taking might A/ be a bad idea in this room and B/ Might be a bad idea in general. Hell taking notes on Covenant planning was usually a stupid idea because of silly things like the Masquerade, political enemies ...

Before Mclean can do much more than look around for recording devices, Lance holds up a hand to stop him. "If Prince Clarke or one of his subordinates is recording this, I don't think he would appreciate us tearing the room apart looking for it Mclean. I'm assuming that if he isn't, he'd be even less amused." He settles back into his seat. "I think Miss LeFleur has an excellent Idea. We should hold off on any precipitous action and get to know one another better before getting to the meat of this meeting." He takes his attaché case from the table and places it on the floor beside as he continues. "Perhaps you would like to get the ball rolling Mclean?" He looks to both the ladies in the room questioningly. "Would that be acceptable Ladies?"
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

NOS
    PRE

Brenn frowned, realizing how naive she had been, to assume that talking in-depth of the Movement in the Alder Prince's Court was a perfectly fine idea. Likely, if the Prince so desired, he could have this entire underground complex bugged so that he would never miss what transpired in his halls. Nevertheless, the Movement was a public entity, in part, and Brenn for one didn't intend to start plotting behind the Prince's back, much less start speaking of it.

"Of course, of course. That sounds like an excellent idea. What use would the Movement be if it's members were not united, and what better to achieve that than by learning of each other?"

Important

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John shifts in his seat,

Damn everyone is spooked, so now we can't get to any real business. It’s not like we are going to plan the prince’s down fall.

John keeps his cheerful smile and begins to speak,

"Sure that seems like a excellent Idea, besides if everyone ends up deciding to become a member, it would be good to that we all know each other better. I apologies for my hastiness."
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

PRE

Sarah nods at Lance with a smile before shifting her attractive body to face John, crossing her legs and pressing the tips of her fingers together as she takes stock of her fellow Succubi. It was like she had said to Brenn at the last official court, her views on the Carthian Movement were mainly formed by her views on the Kindred who claimed membership in the Covenant and thus these introductions would form a major part of her opinion on this particular incarnation of the Carthian Movement. The blond Daeva raises an eyebrow and tilts her head slightly as her blue eyes consider the features of the youthful, in both beast and appearance, Kindred.

She stays silent for a moment after John apologizes, her body language loose and relaxed as her right hand moves towards her pretty face. Her index finger touches the side of her chin for a second and her hand is lowered back to where its opposite still rested against her stomach.

"No need to apologize Mr. McLean, over the years I've become accustomed to excitable young men." The words are spoken with teasing but friendly smile. Still it was the truth and one of the reasons she was glad that she preferred women to men. "Perhaps you would like to get the ball rolling?"

Lance does not speak, but he raises a gloved hand to his mouth and coughs, his eyes betraying the smile his hand doesn't hide very well.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John smiles and nods,

"Alright, well, where shall I begin,"

John ponders for a moment,

"Well I have been in the city for a couple of months now, I came from L.A. I have been a Carthian pretty much sense my Embrace, during my time in L.A. I was responsible for keep the members up dated with the current affairs of the movement in the city, and out side of it. Upon moving here I have started working with the Harpy-Regent. I believe strongly in the ideals of Democracy, So I felt that the Movement was a good place for me."
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

Lance is silent for a moment that gives birth to several little baby-moments that grow up to start little nuclear moment families as he waits to see if there was anything of substance Mclean was willing to share with the group. Seeing as he isn't, he takes over.

"I have spent my Requiem up to recently in San Fransisco. I was employed by my sire as, quite frankly, a legbreaker and gofer. Take the cooler to the contact," He traces a line across the table in front of him to underline his words. "Pick up the package, guard the courier, stand around looking threatening so the contact will talk, etcetera. I've learned a number of skills to make that kind of work simpler. My sire Embraced me at a time the Movement was going through something of a Fascist phase, and I was denied official membership based on politics. I have something of a chip on my shoulder when people play games with me because of that. Freelancing became something of a habit, enough so that when someone tried dangling an actual seat at the bottom of the table, I decided to move here instead of cementing myself a position as someone legbreaker and gofer for another century. That said, I have sat through my share of Movement meetings, but always in the back as an observer. I've got a good nose for bullshit and I know how to follow things to their source. I've got my share of chips on my shoulder of course, but who doesn't? At the least I've got them under nominal control."

PRE

Sarah offers her attention to each of her Daeva cousins as they describe their experiences, making a mental note of the differences between their experiences and views on the Carthian Movement. John seemed to be more idealistic about the goals of the Covenant and his role in it but beyond that did not offer much about who he was, while Lance's statement pegged him as a Kindred more familiar with the side of the Movement not usually shown to prospective recruits. Rayner had also pretty much put himself out there, his description of his experiences said a lot of the type of person he was and what he felt about the games of vampire politics.

It was useful information given the current state of the group, the Carthians would be rebuilding and walking a tight rope with the mistakes of previous members echoing in the Halls of Elysia and casting a shadow over their efforts. The group would have to work together and need to be able to trust each other, well as much as vampires could trust each other, in order to accomplish anything. The first step in that process was each of them understanding where the others were coming from and then what they wanted, something that would allow them to seek a common cause that would benefit them all and thus establishing trust ( aka understanding that loyalty to the others meant good things for you ) was extremely important.

The blond female Daeva smiles as Lance finishes speaking and waits until the three pairs of eyes in the room were focused on her before beginning. "I am originally from New Orleans, but I spent the first years of my Requiem here in Sacramento with my Sire. I eventually returned to New Orleans and spent a couple of decades in the Crescent City before moving on the San Diego for a number of years. In March I came back to this city but I had to leave for a few months because of a personal matter outside of the Domain, however as my presence her this evening suggests, I have returned."

She pauses for a moment. "I have never been a member of the Carthian Movement nor of any other Covenant. In fact I spent the first decade of my unlife avoiding being press ganged into either the Invictus or the Lancea Sanctum. However I have seen both good and bad examples of the Movement during my Requiem, just like any of the other Covenants. Still some of my personal ideals seem to find a voice in the best incarnations of this organization so I have decided to see if it would be a fit."

For a second she remembers the names of a couple of the worst members of the old Carthian Movements, names of seriously creepy scumbags that had sent a shiver down her spine for years after she'd left the city. Now they were gone, lost to the final death and hopefully a place even worse than hell. Like Idaho or rural Utah.

"I have experience with clubs and other types of social establishments but these nights I mainly make my way as a freelance art consultant, picking out pieces for people with money and mostly without taste." A slight frown accompanies the last fact.

Fool is gone for the weekend, but he gave us the okay to move on without him, he'll catch up

After Brenn finishes her introduction, Lance speaks up again, nodding to each in turn. "Thank you ladies."

Turning back to Mclean once more, he continues the meeting. "Despite showing up for this meeting, I have some concerns about throwing my talents into the Movement by signing up, if you would care to answer them for me. I was under the impression that there were more members of the Movement than just you and Myrmidon Pope. What happened to keep them from this meeting?"

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread