Ended
Watch

Carthian Movmement Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

A placard is on one of the private room doors in Elysia labeled simply "CM". Inside the room is empty. On the table are two items.

The first is a short length of rope, neatly coiled.

The second is a book, opened to the page on making nooses.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John is first to enter the room, he is wearing a suit and tie. John's smiles slips when he sees that the clear message that had been left by the so called, (now Former) Myrmidon.

Just as soon as his smile had left, it came back.

Better to get all the bad blood out of the Movement now, so that it would not be in the way of progress.

He leaves the items on the table, Mr. Pope's flare for the melodramatic, was comical to John.

He chuckles a bit as he leans against the wall and waits for other to enter.

hopefully more would be coming.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

NOS
    PRE

Brenn Lawrence, formerly of the Unbound, trundled down the stairs of the Elysium, her heavy, thudding steps precise and in marching tempo. Each footfall resounded throughout the underground room, the heel of her combat boots impacting roughly on the gleaming floors. She wore a pair of black paratrooper pants, a black turtleneck, and a black beret affixed a silver pin, that depicted the countenance of Lady Liberty. The young haunt stopped in the middle of the room and gazed around the empty chamber, her eyes finally alighting on the CM placard. She squared her shoulders and set off marching towards the door, her gait slower and now devoid of bluster. Each step carried her closer to the moment that would soon mark the beginning of what would either be political disaster or a triumph of her beliefs, as she doubted that the iron grip of the Invictus would allow for any middle-ground, but she would face what was to come with her boots on and her fingers stained with smears of blood and ink.

Her pock-marked hands found the doorknob and she steadily opened the portal and strode inside. She nodded towards John and begin to clomp over to him, when her gaze found the coil of rope lying upon the table. Brenn froze mid step and moved to examine the paraphernalia, an eyebrow slowly creeping into her hairline. The Seconds hand on Johns watch began to tick by, and Brenn remained motionless, a well of silence filling the room.

"In all my nights in this Domain, even after I spilled my blood and that of it's enemies, even after my pen traced out a call which moved the City to action, I never once heard of this Mr. Pope, nor of the Carthians," she declared slowly, finally raising her gaze to meet Johns. "If he wants to abandon the cause, and declare us only fit for the gallows, then he's saved us the trouble of dragging around dead weight."

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John's looks at Brenn with a cheery smile,

"I couldn't agree more."

He walks over to the rope and picks it up.

"The so called, Former Myrmidon certainly has a flare of the dramatic doesn't he, unfortunately there is a slight flaw in his symbolic gesture... Vampires can't be killed by hanging. If he really wanted to condemn us, it would have been better to leave a book of matches."

John chuckles,

"So I would like use this as a different symbol..."

John looks up from the rope,

"It was Mr. Pope's hope, that he would scare us away, and put an end to the Carthians in the city... unfortunately because of his poor choice of means to kill us, he has only put a minor set back in front of us... but he has also provided us a means of progress as well. Because as we both know, a rope can be use for more than just making a noose."

John drops the rope,

"Brenn Lawrence, As the Last Official Member of the Carthian Movement in the city of Sacramento, I extend a formal invitation to Join me, and rebuild the Carthian movement."

John motions to the rope sitting in front of him.

"Let us take this Metaphorical rope that Mr. Pope has left us and use it, not for our own destruction, but use it as a means to build and tie together a greater Carthian Movement."

John's smile Broadens, and he offers a hand to Brenn.

"Do you accept?"

Lance comes in at the tail end of the speech, dressed in black jeans, a black denim jacket over a green Che Guevara shirt with 'THIS IMAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY CAPITALISM' printed in big block letters under it. His only visible accessories are his black gloves and a spiked choker around his neck with an attached heart shaped dog tag with some sort of engraving, held in a red tag silencer. He also has a black attaché case with him.

If he has any opinions on Mclean's speech, he keeps them to himself. Instead he looks around at the 'collection' of people. "Either of you you think there's going to be anyone else here tonight?"
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

PRE

There would indeed be someone else joining them tonight, a fact confirmed a second or two later by a gentle rapping at the door. A moment after the noise, the door is opened to reveal a petite blond, who enters the room with a confident stride and engaging smile. Her blue eyes glance at each of the other Kindred, the darker nature of her soul screaming out at it's first encounter with two of the three other predators in the room. It seeks the destruction and consumption of the young looking gentlemen that Alice had called "the oh so cute John McLean" and desires to challenge the beast of "handsome" Lance Rayner, who Alice had said had about as much use for the opposite sex as Sarah herself did.

Each of the two Daeva are given a good look over, their outfits and demeanor seeming being judged by their fellow Succubi. John is given a neutral expression, as if his appearance neither impresses nor upsets the blond Daeva. Lance on the other hand is rewarded a with conspiratorial grin that signifies that the bold statements offered by his attitude and outfit have made a good first impression on her, it was good to see the clan upholding the proper image. Proud and bold Succubi.

Brenn is met with a warm smile that suggests Sarah is glad to see the poetic Haunt, which she was. For all of the Nosferatu's fashion failures, which could be mostly fixed, the female kindred had a mind of her own and the will to use it.

"Sorry if I am late" Sarah begins, a hint of a genteel southern accent "I am Sarah LaFleur of the Succubi and I was hoping to learn a bit more about your organization."

Outfit

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Then sudden influx of kindred was a good sign to John, though admittedly he was not as crazy about the idea of Lance being there. However, he kept his feelings to himself, the more bodies the better.

"Good even Mr. Rayner, and it is a pleasure to meet you Miss. LaFleur,"

John smiles and offers them both a hand shake,

"I'm John McLean, and no you are not late at all, in fact we were just starting, I was just offering Miss. Lawrence here and Invitation to officially join the Carthian Movement."

John then looks to Brenn,

"However if you don't mind Brenn, considering now there are more of us here,

John turns and addresses the group.

"why don't we all have a seat, there is a lot to cover tonight."

NOS
    PRE

"Oh, of course. There might be other Invitations to give before the night is through," Brenn replied, a vicious grin lighting up her features when she looked at the meeting's two other members.

"Sarah! Lance! It's great to see the two of you here. You've come at a very auspicious time," she spouted, offering a vigorous handshake to both of the Daeva. "Whether it's knowledge or membership you seek, be welcome to our counsel! But, yes, let's gather now."

The young haunt moved to take a chair, flipping the book o' knots closed when she tromped by it.

Lance politely refuses handshakes by holding his hands behind his back. "I'll have to take a rain check, if you don't mind. My hands are not fully healed yet. Thank you Mclean, Miss Lawrence. Miss LaFleur, it's always a treat to meet another cousin."

At Brenn's comment about auspicious times, he makes a small nod of his head. "Well I've come at a time, certainly." Lance makes a gesture to the rope and the book. "I heard the jist of your speech, but I think you overlooked something." He places his case on the table in front of a chair and then takes the rope from in front of Mclean, to quickly measure it out and start tying it. "I take it Mister Pope arranged this room? Does anyone else think it unwise to hold a Carthian meeting in the Invictus Prince's Court?" When he finishes speaking, the rope is tied into a noose. It is perhaps telling that he doesn't need to refer to the book to tie it. "He's given the movement just enough rope to hang itself with, if we aren't careful. It's probably safe to assume that the room is under some kind of surveillance." As he takes a seat, he thinks about how horribly disappointed he'd be if he was the only one that thought of it.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John thinks for a moment, considering what Lance has said. he looks around the room for anything that seemed out of place and could hide a listening device.

"You make a good point Lance, then let us tread carefully."

after Lance's voice of concern John did not like the idea of having the meeting in the room now, however they didn't have much choice with out having to reschedule everything which would only delay them further. thankfully hopefully should they be under surveillance, the most the Invcitus will get is the names of the new Carthains, who the new Perfect was, and the beginnings of a Carthian constitution. anything beyond that will be saved until the next meeting. John had no intent of giving the Invictus any reason to suspect them of any sort of coup.

John Takes a seat at the of the table he moves the knot book to the floor,

"Does anyone by chance have paper or a computer with them, so that we can keep notes for tonight discussion?"

OOC

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread