Conner Greyson, deputy of the domain and Priscus of Shadows, Made his way into the Managers' Office. As he entered he removed his hat and stood waiting for the New Manager to join him. He was looking forward to this meeting and the results. Conner and Alice have never spoke privately and this would be a rather interesting conversation.

A moment there was a very playful grin on her face. Alice was used to other things being planned when entering a private room like this. But when she turns around to close the door behind her she clears her throat. As she faces Conner again the grin has disappeared. The Daeva makes an elegant curtsey. 'Mister Deputy Greyson, Soldier of the First Estate, please again a good evening.'

As she enters the room she subtly gestures towards a couple of comfortable seats in a corner of the room. The first thing she did on her new job, place some good seats in the Manager's Room. You can't welcome guests on two office chairs.

"Madam Brown, Whip of Succubi and Incubi, I thank you for meeting with me." Conner says returning the courtesy with a bow at the waste. As the beautiful daeva makes her way over to one of the seats Conner follows and, once she has sat, sits in the offered chair. "Congratulations on a successful evening and debut." Conner says restating what he said before, for now with the evening concluded it has been confirmed successful.

Alice nods, satisfied with the evening and curious about the epilogue that was about to start. 'Thank you, although I must admit to be fortunate with the circumstances of the whole City organizing such an event.' She shrugs slightly, which manager wouldn't?

After crossing her legs she inclines her head, a little worried, 'I hope you've had a pleasant evening as well, Mister Deputy Greyson? I know sometimes the line between work and free time is not as thick as one might want it to be.' Then again, she didn't know what exactly had been his reason for coming.

"Indeed, thankfully I was able to blur that line this evening, as I both enjoyed myself and completed my duty to the domain." Conner says as he leans back in his chair for a moment.

"If I may curve the conversation to business Madam Brown?" Conner requests, with her assent, "Are you aware that there is at least one position of deputy vacant in the domain?" Conner asked.

'I am glad to hear that.' And she slightly nods. As Conner makes his request Alice approves by the means of gesture with her right hand. 'Of course Mister Deputy Greyson.'

A moment she ponders how to react, yes she knew the position had recently become vacant, she just wasn't sure what the exact cause had been. 'I do know that the former deputy Anton Flores is gone...' she arches an eyebrow that shows her apathy towards this man, 'whether he's now under the ground, walking on the ground of floating above it as ash, I do not know.'

"Forgive me for being presumptuous, but do you have any aspirations for Law enforcement? Beyond playing Old West deputy from time to time." Conner said, making a jest, which seemed to be out of character for the Dower Deputy.

A moment Alice needs to think about that, then a slight smile appears, 'If you'd asked me this a decade ago, I would have answered with no. But I've changed somewhat in Sacramento, some Kindred have changed me.' Another short pause in which she just looks at Conner. 'For example, His Majesty the Alder Prince Clarke. In his Domain I would want to enforce the Law. His law. Then you should also know that I converted to the First Estate in a French city named Rouen, where the Order of the Thorned Wreath is originated... I'm used to obeying a strong Law with Enforcers of great power. I have no problem at all with enforcing it myself.'

"Very Good." Conner says with a nod of his head. "I have been asked to provide my nominations to the Honorable Reeve and Good Herald. I would like to put your name in for that nomination. How would you feel about that?" Conner asked.

'I would be honored... or, I am honored Mister Deputy Greyson. I would most certainly experience it as a most wise decision.' Alice's expression is serious when she nods. 'If I may refer to our stereotypes for one moment, next to the wisdom of our investigative Mekhet, a more subtly mind twisting Daeva would fit in the team. And I'm sure we can all do our thing when it comes to combat.'

'So yes, I would like to be nominated.' And she nods again.

Conner leaned back, placing a hand in front of his mouth and moving it down to shape his van dyke beard for a moment, "And if there were a Nosferatu rounding out a Triad of deputies? How would you feel about that?" Conner asked, hearing of her opinions from a different point of view, Conner would like to hear them from the source.

Alice visibly keeps herself from sighing and moves to lean on the other side of the chair. 'Mister Deputy Greyson, I do not know what you've been told, and by who. But the biggest Haunt problem on my side is that in my past the majority of problems and conflicts were caused by the Nosferatu Clan. I might be a little touchy when it comes to the Haunts, yes, but tell me who caused problems in the Domain lately... and who of them were from the Nosferatu clan?'

She shrugs, realizing her position wasn't improving if she would go a lot further. 'I do see not how a Haunt being my fellow Deputy could cause any problems, I can hold my composure when I need to. And the only conflict I've had in Sacramento I tried to solve by offering my apologies. Just saying, but it wasn't me who turned it down.'

"Yes well, Anton Flores is no longer a resident. And I promise you. The new Priscus of Clan Nosferatu is far more reasonable."
Conner says with a nod, "But I can empathize with what you are saying, as I have been intimately involved with recent investigations."

Conner spun the ring on his hand once before looking at Alice, "I have decided that I will put forth your nomination, on three conditions, or requests rather."

Alice's expression doesn't change to either happy, curious or whatever, but instead remains calm. 'Please inquire me with your requests, Mister Deputy Greyson.'

"I ask that you do not speak ill of Priscus Sidor Grigoriv publicly. I do not particularly care what you say in private, but in public he is a fine or loyal member of the domain." Conner said with a nod. "Second is regarding Madam Harpy Donovan. You will give her your utmost support in both the matters of City and Covenant." Conner pauses for a moment, "And third, this is a more personal request, When in public, please keep to the Traditions of the First Estate. Conner paused for a moment, "I do not want a fellow member of the First Estate to be looked down upon because of a choice of words. You are a fine member of the First Estate, but please do keep to the traditions of the First Estate while in public."

Alice ponders the words of the Priscus of Shadows. A man with power, who she could join in ranks, partially. The request don't seem to be very hard, maybe the last one might be the hardest for she can be incautious sometimes. Eventually she nods, 'I think I can approve to adhere these requests. I see no reason to offend Mr. Grigoriev, for I don't want our small dispute to turn into a real conflict. Then Madam Harpy Donovan has always had, and will always have my utmost support in whatever matter she finds me suitable to do so.' There is a short pause as a smile appears. 'And about your last request... the moment I came into Sacramento I left a nomadic life behind. One I lived with a lonely Kindred. I had kinda lost all the decency I once ought to have. But now I think my manners have improved over time, and I will continue to do so. When I obtain the position of an Official in the domain I will sharpen my ways of upholding the tradition to the desired level.'

"Then I will notify Reeve Heinz of your nomination. From what Reeve Heinz and Herald Villiers has said they will more then likely be adding two deputies to the ranks. But in case they do not, know that you have the bulk of my support." Conner says with polite tone, "It may be wise for you to take a Meeting with the Reeve. Perhaps not outright say that you would like to be considered for the roll of deputy, but perhaps tell him of your want to help and protect His Majesty's domain."

'I understand the unsure factor completely, Mister Deputy Greyson. And I really appreciate your support.' Alice lightly bows her head, the back of her mind wondering how much truth Conner's words would contain. 'And I will keep the Reeve informed, thank you for the advise. I've been helping the Domain more and more lately, so I can reassure him of my willingness.' With a concluding nod Alice asks herself if there was more to talk about.

"Very Good Madam Brown." Conner stands and looks to Madam Brown, "Thank you Madam Brown, this has been a most pleasant conversation." Conner bows at the waste to the Whip of Clan Daeva.

Alice rises from her seat as well, making a curtsy in return. Her tone is sincere. 'Indeed it was, thank you Mister Deputy Greyson.'

That we next time may meet as fellow deputies.