Daniella had been out meeting with a lady about an apartment, and decided to stop by The Avalon and see if Herald Villiers was available. She had rather enjoyed talking with her and looked forward to learning more about her and take her up on her offer to visit the local library together. Walking up to the door, Daniella takes a quick look at herself, hoping she was not under dressed. This evening she wore her off white sweater dress with a pair of nude color stilettos. Her was tied in a loose pony tail at the base of her neck, the only jewerly was her ever present silver choker. She smooths her dress and knocks on the door.

There is the sound of papers being shuffled and a pause in the work beyond the door. The pause and noise turns to the sound of shuffling footsteps. The door creaks open. A blinking, slightly surprised, Martha appears, peeking, around the slightly open door. "Ah!" she exclaims as she sees who is there, opening the door more fully, she makes a gesture with an open hand to enter, "Please do enter, miss! A joy to see you! I do hope you are well!" she enthuses. Clearly sincere.Martha is dressed in her school uniform: She is dressed in a school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...hair in twin tails...a long gymslip to mid calf...neat and polished Oxford pattern shoes, crisp white blouse and a red necktie. A satchel at her side. The aroma of lavender is vivid...as is minty toothpaste. Cane in one hand. As she hobbles about and fusses near Daniella, she is clearly limping very badly.

Her eyes go to quickly study Daniella's legs and shoes before returning to happily greet Daniella again. "Please do sit where you wish, miss! I can offer you refreshments! Coke Cola! Water!" another sincere smile.Her busy looking chamber is decorated with two prints on the wall. One is a modern, if large, photo of a ballerina in a tutu holding a ballet pose against a dark background and a large framed copy of John Waterhouse's 'Lady of Shalot.'There is a tall Chinese screen erected in one corner of the room which conceals that part of her chamber. A fire extinguisher, a desk which is piled high with neatly stacked notes, books and school style notebooks. All look well used. Two book cases are against one wall.Both bookcases are almost full with pre-owned books.They look, at first glance, to be mostly textbooks. There's a cheap looking laptop and printer too. A few chairs and a couch. A coat rack and a seat opposite her busy looking desk. The place, though cluttered, is clean and has the aroma of lavender.

"I hope I am not interrupting you this evening."
Daniella smiles warmly, taking a moment to look around the room. Her eyes pauses on the art work, Daniella had always admired artists and their work. Her Sire had a wide collection of art back in England, she wonders if he collection is still there."I must say I love the art work. I personally enjoy Jean-Nicolas-Arthur Rimbaud. His ""La Jeune Martyre" has always been one of my favorites." she accepts one of the chairs and sits down and crosses her legs. "I realized after we spoke that I had not left you my phone number in case you needed to get a hold of me, so I wanted to make sure to bring it to you. And I enjoyed our chat, and was hoping we could either continue it or set up a time to maybe meet at the library you had mentioned. Or perhaps an art gallery, as we both seem to have a taste for the art." Daniella smiles. Her eyes drift to the collection of books, taking in the amount and size of the collection.

Martha watches Daniella's legs carefully as she crosss them. Her watchful gaze stays on them a short while. It's almost as if she is studying them. The gaze is attentive and inspecting.Soon, though, Martha nods eagerly, twin tails bob, as she mentions Rambaud. "Oh! Quite! An art gallery...such a joy to visit one!" she pauses, finds some spare printer paper close by and hands that, along with a cheap looking ballpoint, to Daniella, smiling cheerily. "I wish to spend a lot more time with you, in fact, miss!" she offers happily, all wide eyed.Daniella accepts the pen and paper and writes down both her name and phone number. She hands Martha the paper and pen, smiling."I am pleased to know you wish to spend more time with me! I regret to say I have not gotten out much, except for Court and once to The Lily. So I look forward to seeing more of this beautiful city and what it offers." Her tone sincere."How have you been? You always seem so busy, I hope you manage to find time for yourself." Daniella is amazed at how cheerful Martha is, with how busy she seems to be, she is always cheerful. A remarkable woman, perhaps her cheerfulness will rub off on me, Daniella thinks.

"How utterly splendid! I am already looking forward to spending more time with you, miss!"
Martha smiles, sneaks another glance to Daniella's legs, then back to Daniella's eyes. "Splendid! Now...before I launch into talk of a more social nature...I wonder, miss, how well do you fight?" she asks, peering at Daniella playfully. Her tone is light and cheery, but her query seemed honest. If she had spectacles, Martha would be studying Daniella over the top of them.Daniella is a bit taken back by the question, no one had ever asked her she could fight.

Then again, Daniella had prided herself as appearing non threatening. "Fight? Despite my appearance, I can certainly defend myself if need be. My Sire thought it was important that I be able to fight if it came to it." Thought it has only come to it a few times. "Though I perfer to defuse a situation with my charms, I am not opposed to fighting." She smiles, rememebering her training, she had learned to fight the hard way, and vowed to not let someone get the upper hand again. "I am not trained in any style of fighting though." She had wanted to train more but her Sire refused. "An interesting question, and one I have never been asked." She adds with a smile and a light laugh.

Martha smiled and listened carefully. Nodding often. "I see!" another smile. She picks up a copy of the Sacramento Bee from her desk.

Rolls it into a tight tube. Nodding again. She struggles unsteadily to her feet, smiling, she gestures with the tubed newspaper for Daniella to stand too. "I should very much wish to see a demonstration, miss! Please indulge my examination. I shall simulate stabbing you...with this newspaper...I shall not actually try to hurt you, you understand!" a reassuring smile, "But I am interested to see the manner in which you elect to defeat my attack! You may cast me to the ground, if you wish to, as part of the demonstration. But I ask that you do not harm me too much! I mean you no harm and would be upset if you thought to the contrary...may I begin, miss?" she is, by now, on her feet, rubbing her maimed thigh with one hand, newspaper rolled as a 'knife' in the other. Watching Daniella.

Daniella cannot keep the surprise from her face, she wants me to show her? Daniella is unsure, but stands as she is directed, still unsure, and not wanting to hurt Martha."I will do as you wish, and in no way do I wish to harm you." she says, her voice a little uneasy. Daniella had never had someone ask her to disarm them, let alone a Herald! "Yes, please begin." Daniella only hopes she does not disappoint Martha, and prays to whatever God listens to Kindred that she does not hurt her. Daniella, quite comfortable in her heels, steadies herself, placing most of her weight on her back leg, hoping she can disarm Martha.

Martha smiles as she sees Daniella comply. Then watches Daniella's legs and heels at work for a second or two before launching a not very expert stabbing attack against her.

She limps a few steps closer, the newspaper held in her right hand at her side, she brings the paper up, as if to mimic trying to stab Daniella in the chest. Her effort lacks apparent expertise, finesse and speed, and certainly lacks stability from her uneven footing.

Daniella watches the movement, studies where the 'knife' is, and more to the point, how she is attacking. Reminding herself to be as gentle as possible, and not wanting to cause any harm or pain, Daniella begins.

Deciding to disarm without any of her Blood gifts, she twists her body to the side, out of the way of the advance, striking out at the weapon with her forearm. Using her other hand, she attempts a grab at Martha's wrist and pushes it away from her body while also bending it outward hoping to twist it back and force the weapon to drop. While moving in behind Martha, Daniella brings the hand with the weapon in behind her, if the weapon has not be dropped. If successful, Daniella will make sure Martha is steady on her feet before gently releasing her. Martha's attack lacked any obvious attempt at skill. Daniella's reaction seemed to have the desired effect. The knife is held fast, so the arm lock is required.

Tiny Martha yelps a little, but seems unharmed. Blinking, she drops the newspaper 'knife' and, once steadied on her feet by Daniella, hobbles a few steps, bends to pick up the newspaper and nods. Twin tails bobbing as she appraises Daniella again. "Goodness! That was interesting, miss!" A genuine smile. "Thank you for the demonstration. Most...er...invigorating!" she offers cheerfully as she hobbles over to the desk, placing the newspaper there. "I...I wonder, miss, how would you feel about becoming a Bailiff?" A happy smile to Daniella. Martha leans hard against the desk as she talks now. Daniella is still shocked at being requested to disarm a member of the Court.

She looks at Martha, "Thank you. I do hope I did not cause you any pain, as it was not my intent." She ponders what Martha asked, Bailiff? Not a term she had heard used in these settings. "Forgive my ignorance, but what would it entail? I have not heard the term." she looks down, a little embarrassed, "Forgive me, my Sire did not train or teach me a whole lot about our Culture." looking up and meeting Marthas eyes, she smiles, "But I am willing to do any task you request! Any chance to be of any use to you and the Domain would be an honor." her face lights up at the thought of being useful, of having something to contribute to the Domain. She was anxious and eager to prove herself a useful member.

Martha claps her hands happily in glee, "Splendid! I am unhurt by your actions, miss...and I am delighted to hear that you accept, miss! You shall not have heard of the term before as I have created the Post and Office! As Bailiff you shall be acting as a deputy Keeper for one of the Elysia! Junior in authority to me, but..." she adds, all pleased, "Holding the same responsibilities and powers at the Elysia when I am not there...and acting to support me when required! I should add that you will need to be vigilant for the newly arrived! Reporting to me on a daily basis on matters of Court. From time to time, in the role of Bailiff, I daresay there will be an intersecting with the roles of the Deputy Reeves. Naturally you will support and reinforce the duties of other officers of Court as required, but your primary role will be to act as...as I say...as Deputy Keeper." she smiles, plays with one of her twin tails and rubs slowly at her crippled hip. "So you see why I asked about fighting capability! The Office of Keeper can require a security enforcement role. Regular and daily reports please on the comings and goings, miss! Vigilance! Does this sound like an Office you are content and able to perform?" a happy smile as she asks the questions...she sneaks another look to Daniella's legs, before looking back to Daniella with wide, friendly, eyes.

Daniella listens intently to Martha, taking in all she says. She is a bit taken a back by what Martha is saying, surprised that Martha would think of her for such a position. "I am honored that you have considered me for the position, and I only hope I do not disappoint you. I cannot thank you enough for offering me this opportunity." she smiles, with obvious excitement, for she had a purpose now. She would be able to make herself useful to the Domain, Martha and Prince. "Would it possible to learn more of what responsibilities would be? I only ask for I want to make sure I do what I am supposed to, and that I do it correctly, I know those duties can vary from Domain to Domain. And by being vigilant for the new arrivals, would that entail meeting them, getting to know them and such? As for providing support for and reinforcement for other officers, I will do it without question, and with pride."

Daniella had some knowledge of what responsibility there were, but knew they could vary from Domain to Domain, and she did not want to let Martha down. Daniella is filled with a sense of pride.

Martha still grips the side of the table against which she leans, nodding as she now listens to Daniella. "Of course, Bailiff! What you suggest is correct! Meeting new Kindred will be one of your core roles!" she smiles cheerfully as she uses the Offcial Title for the first time. "The Duties are as follows...firstly, to protect and preserve the sanctity of the Elysia. Protect and defend the person of the Alder Prince, when he is Court too! Enforce the Rules of the Elysia! The Elysia are intentionally neutral ground where all our Kind may find sanctuary and refuge and conduct activity in security. As you know, Kindred are forbidden from using their talents and powers in such a place. Unauthorised violence is prohibited. However, when acting to defend the Elysia...or otherwise in the legitimate pursuit of your Office, as Bailiff you will also be permitted to exercise any powers you may have for the duration of the crisis at hand and in so far as the power is useful to quelling the crisis. You will be authorised to carry any weapons too, miss...but be attentive to local law therein. If you feel you must carry a side arm or other weapon, please do so carefully!" she nods, biting at her lower lip a moment as she shuffles on her feet, moving her heavy stiff leg with a free hand against the thigh so she can stand more steadily. "Now...the Duties will be to patrol one of the Elysia...I shall leave you to select one. I usually patrol the Elysia Estate frequently, but at irregular intervals. Though I spend the greater majority of my time at the Ember and Avalon. But such activity obviously leaves a lot of time of absence! Who knows how many Kindred have passed through the Elysia without my knowing! Now your role shall be to perform all a Keeper would be expected to perform: patrol the Elysia you select...defend it...alert the Reeve, his Deputy..if neccesary the Judex too...and certainly myself if there is trouble requiring reinforcement....notify the Herald and Harpy of any Kindred who pass through and make themselves known...arrange and co-ordinate any meetings any Kindred may wish to host at the Elysia...ensure the meetings are secure too. Ensure the place is prosperous too! The Domain is wealthy...it is to everyone's advantage it remains so! You may not have a direct role in the management of the mortal staff, but they are as much as part of the success and failure of an Elysia as anything. They are a vital ingredient! Ensure their welfare is attended to, please...let me know the morale of the workforce as you detect it at the Elysia! Do all you can to be a good, polite and sensible hostess to those who visit the Elysia, Bailiff! I am certain you shall be! If I were not certain, I would have hestitated to appoint you! As you suggest, Bailiff...it is vital, vital, that you identify any Kindred or ghoul passing through the Elysia. Make them welcome though with your natural charms!" a happy smile, "Direct them to Court for Acknowledgement...make them aware of the Rules of the Domain too, please, Bailiff! Ensure you gather from them intelligence about their name, their Covenant...any Bloodline they claim and Clan too! Ensure you remember anything distinctive about them too, please! Their mode of dress, speech...and special accent...any words or phrases that might suggest an age of Embrace...gather from them also, please, the City and Domain they last travelled through to arrive here! Be attentive to any who claim to come from San Franscisco! Take note of their height...their physical characteristics, too, please Bailiff...and report all this to myself, please, at the earliest opportunity! Make them welcome! If they boast of special talents, make a note and report that too, please, Bailiff! If you feel something is wrong: let me know! you have a wide range of authority to act as Deputy Keeper, Bailiff. Do not let them know you are reporting this of course! This is a gentle Art! A subtle one! As a fellow Shadow, I am confident that you will behave with discretion...and exercise the authority now vested in you with wisdom and sparingly. Violence must be the option of last resort." she grips at her maimed thigh again, smiles happily to Daniella and falls quiet.

A gentle hand gesture suggests she invites questions. Daniella knew meeting new Kindred was not an issue for her, for she loved meeting new people. She had enjoyed each night where she got to go around and introduce herself, here peoples stories, etc. Seth never let her really interact with many people, so in a way, Daniella was making up for lost time. "I do love meeting new Kindred! There seem to be many new faces coming to the Domain." Patrols? That was something new to her, but she felt up to the task. “If I may be so bold, would you be more comfortable sitting down, Herald Villiers?” Daniella asks not only with concern, but with respect. “I will defend and protect the Prince with all I have.” She nods as she smiles, knowing she would lay down her life, or unlife, to defend her Prince. “Though I know how to use weapons, I prefer not to use them. I have found it doesn’t help in a fight with Kindred, so I try not to get use to them. But I understand what you have told and advised me, and will only use the Gifts as a last resort. And I have found it is sometimes best to be charming and friendly when defusing a situation.” She smiles and adds a wink. “I would like to patrol where I would be needed. If you spend more time at Ember and Avalon, perhaps I should patrol the Elysia Estate? I just feel it would make sense for me to be where you cannot frequently be, that is, if you feel that would be the best decision." Daniella pauses, knowing the only stupid questions were those not asked. “I have to admit, I have heard of the Ember, and of course the Avalon, Elysia Estate does not sound familiar to me. I sorry, I have been making an attempt to familiarize myself with the Domain.” Daniella knew she could fit in at the Ember, but she wanted to place herself where she was need, and if the Herald had the Ember and the Avalon covered, then she would cover the Elysia Estate.“I have yet to meet the Reeve, though I have heard nothing but good things about him. “ Daniella thinks, a little nervous at the responsibility, but she knows this is something she can do. Smiling, “As far as reporting to you on a daily basis, is that something you prefer done in person? I am of course willing to provide you the reports anyway that is convenient.” “I am honored that you have this confidence in me and my abilities. As a Shadow, being discreet and subtle is something I pride myself in. My Sire trained me to be subtle, while still being resourceful. And I could not agree more with violence, I certainly avoid it if I can” A smile of pride touches her lips; she stands up a little straighter.

She felt her skills with persuasion, and her womanly charms, would come in handy now.Martha frowned at the invite to sit. She could see the invitation was well meantl...but in her own Chamber, she felt she should be able to decide when she would sit.

The frown lasted mere seconds though, soon replaced by a smile as Daniella talked. "Well, Bailiff, the Elysia Estate includes the Avalon...Club Ember...the Reverence nightclub and the Ballo Della Notte theatre...though the theatre is owned by the astounding Judex...and as such, I take very much a secondary role as operating as Keeper there!" a smile. "You may make a daily report in person...or in written form...but, if in writing, please exhibit extreme caution! I should hate for your reports to fall into the hands of an enemy force!" she smiles, but her tone suggests caution. "Regardless, we should meet at least once a week to exchange news and views! Perhaps you and I should also patrol each of the Elysia together for a week, Bailiff? One Elysia location an evening. So you can see the locations...examine them at close quarters! I should, however, make meeting the Reeve a priority if I were you, Bailiff...and the Deputy too! I shall inform the Reeve of your new role." a smile, she rubs harder at her crippled hip and frowns as she limps heavily over to take a seat. Letting out a sigh as she sits, her leg remaining fully stiff from hip to ankle as she sits.

Daniella listens, making mental notes of the places. Some she had not heard of and certainly wants to visit. "I think Patrolling each Elysia together is a splended idea! I agree with you that it will give me a chance to not only see the locations, but a chance to see how you conduct your Patrols, so I am better prepared to go on my own." she nods, "I must admit that I admire the grace and welcoming presence you have. I only hope I am able to learn from you and am able to make people feel that around me." she looks down, a little embarrassed, but speaking with nothing but sincerity. She tried hard to be friendly and welcoming to those she met, but the Herald had a way of making people feel at ease."I understand the need for caution, and would welcome the chance to speak with you daily. Sometimes one is not able to get across what they mean in a written letter. And sometimes things are taken out of context, and I would hate to have that happen. I will make sure I make an appoiment with both as soon as possible. Though I have met the Deputy, my Prisci Greyson. He has been most helpful and had been given me a place to stay while I gained acknowledgment and a place of my own. A wise man, and one I look forward to working with."

Seeing Martha sit prompts Daniella to sit as well, offering a warm smile.Martha listens with obvious glee as Daniella lay's out her plans, she grows bashful as Daniella offered her praise and then excited that she agreed to a joint patrol. "All this sounds excellent, Bailiff! It delights me hear that the Priscus Deputy has provided you with a Haven! That is very thoughtful of him!" she pauses, smiling to Daniella and swiftly studying Daniella's knees before looking back to Daniella with another, friendly, smile, "Goodness! We have spoken at great length, haven't we, miss! Is there anything else you wished to ask?"

"It was very thoughtful of him, and that kindness is something I hope to be able to repay someday." Not sure of the time, but nodding at Martha saying they had spoken for sometime. A pleasant conversation though. "It does seem we have spoken for quite some time hasn't it?" Daniella says with a smile and a laugh. "The only other question I would ask is - when do we start?" Daniella was eager to begin proving herself.

Martha smiles as Daniella talks. "Ah, well, miss...I daresay you can start forthwith! I would ask one question though...having had a demonstration of fighting from you...what other powers of our Blood are you equipped with, please?"

Daniella outlined her abilities to the satisfaction of the Herald. The sudden imminence of the project caused Daniella to raise an eyebrow, a bit surprised, "Forthwith?" she smiles, "I am definitely excited to begin, Madam!"

Daniella supresses her inner child which was wanting to jump up and down at the chance to do something within the Domain. She appears calm, but her smile is one of joy and excitment.Martha nods as she listens to Daniella's inventory of skills. "Yes! Indeed! I shall look forward to training with you, Bailiff! We should find time to train to improve our skills togather, miss! I am glad you look for an immediate start to your Duties!" a smile...another look to Daniella's legs, then a smile to Daniella as she offers, "Come then, let us begin a gentle patrol of this Elysia together!" a smile as she struggles to stand.

Daniella returns the smile and stands, looking forward to the patrol with Martha.