Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Once Upon a Time: Sleeping Beauty

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    p
    panik

When the vision abruptly ends, Abigail visibly flinches in shock. The echos of the girl's final scream lingers and roars in her head, filling her thoughts. All the sensations that the vision brought seemed clear but it all happened so fast... 'Could it really be her mother?' The fairest puzzles but is immediately distracted by Cassie's unexpected movement.

After few seconds of wait, during which her eyes stay focused on the sleeping girl, Abigail darts a look towards Irea clearly suggesting to the darkling that she just found something important.

PRE

Irea looked up from the small portion of sand that she held in her hand, and met Abigail's gaze with an equally knowing glimmer shining in her eyes. The Darkling moved over to the Fairest and slowly put an arm across her shoulders, making sure that their backs where to the door so that for all the world it just looked like a show of support and comfort instead of a cover for a whispered conversation.

"We'll need to discuss this, yay,"
    she murmured, pitching her voice so that only Abigail could catch her words, but a moment later she gestured for Mary to join their clandestine conversation. "Now, I know that the sand is a portent, a sign that something has been preying on the girl's mind while she slumbers, but I know not what that is. Tis not one of us, or one of Them, so it might be something we've never heard of. I would suggest we try to find and speak with the nurses. Maybe use the cover of a complaint?"

Apologies

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary comes over at Irea's invitation, suggesting, "What should we complain about? The sand? Or could that give things away?"

Pondering the situation, Mary things about all her time spent watching television about hospitals and court cases.

Random Information
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-09 18:54:54 Mary Lee rolls 6 to Encyclopedic Knowledge (10 Again) 6, 8, 5, 2, 6, 9 2 successes

p
    panik

Abigail glances towards the entrance and the two guards standing outside before she leans closer to Irea and carefully listens to what the darkling has discovered about the mysterious sand.

"Are you sure?" Abigail whispers with a slightly surprised tone. "I 'saw' that her mother is, somehow, involved in the accident. Maybe she was a distraction or an illusion of some sort."

"I agree with you. We should ask around to find more information. Can you two take care of it?"
    The fairest asks making sure that her tone is polite and not commanding. She checks on Jeff and Cassie then slightly nods as if she's agreeing with herself." I've something to ask Jeff but I'll join you two in a minute." She pauses to listen to what Mary says before addressing her. "Complain about anything but, just as a suggestion, make sure to find out if there's anybody, other than father, who has been paying her visits."

Abigail waits a moment to see in either of the two as any objections then she leaves heading towards the sorrowful father. Once by his side, she places a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I've something to ask you. Have you ever tried to get a second opinion or to change hospital? "

Mary Lee's hours spent watching various hospital shows all come flooding back to her. Three bits of information march toward her frontal lobes at her command:

1. The words 'malpractice' and 'confidentiality,' and how uppity doctors get about either.
    2. That everyone works on shifts, and those on-shift during visiting hours are probably not the same people as the late night shifts, but that they could look at her chart to see who's signed off on it.
    3. That one time on Scrubs when the scrawny man-boy day-dreamed up that thing that was exaggerated from what was actually happening and how you almost laughed at it.

An emotionally exhausted Mister Bostich has fallen asleep while the Changelings pow-wow, his arms spread across Cassie's legs. He awakes with a start at Abigail's touch. "Huh?" He goes to wipe his eyes and that's when she sees the sand particles glinting in the dull flourescent lights- and she doesn't remember finding any sand before where the distraught father laid his head. "This is the second hospital. The first was closer to her accident, near the highway. Our Lady of Providence," he mumbles sleepily. "Doctors were s'posed to be better here," he snorts.

PRE

Irea waited for Abigail to finish her questioning, deciding that, if her fellow courtier of Onyx would only be a minute, then it would be best to wait. Perhaps she was curious about what the questions and answers were, as well...

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary contemplates her random knowledge with all the gusto and determination of someone with none of either. "So, what do you want me to focus on? Gathering information, or maybe I could distract someone while Irea goes after something? I'm really at a loss for the next step."

Damon looks at the other Lost with his arms crossed. "If you want to find a creature that preys on dreams, that's where you ought to go." He nods toward Mister Bostich, then shakes his head. "But I've suddenly remembered I have to take my dear Aunt Sally to Bingo and Pancake Night down at the Parish. Sorry, folks," he says quickly, hurrying off.

You guys were so close, I figured I'd give you a little more Damon has left the scene.

p
    panik

Her eyes widen as she notices the fine sand that gathered by Jeff's resting place. Connecting his sudden wiriness to its appearance, the fairest realizes that whatever is causing this has either moved to or infected the poor man. "I know you must be exhausted but try to remain awake." She understandingly says before turns around and hurries towards Irea and Mary.

As she quickly approaches, both changelings can see an expression of worry painted on her face. "We have to do something and soon. Whatever is responsible for all of this has started to prey on Jeff too. We could try to fall asleep and catch it in our dreams." Abigail suggests with a whisper. "But I doubt we can do that without those guards bothering us. We need a distraction."

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary's lips curl in a slight smile. "I suppose I'll have to be distracting, then. Any preferences on diversions?" She runs a hand through her hair, shaking it out a bit.

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread