It was an evening or two after the recent Eternal Court and all was as quiet as it could be.

The Nosferatu childe slowly approaches Avalon, glancing within for several beats. She smooths her lavender scarf down and steps within Avalon. She wears a black V neck form fitting sweater and a brown leather belt sashed across her Levis.

The Nosferatu glances to her Ventrue companion as they find themselves within Avalon. She'd hoped to network a bit and her eyes searched for the Herald.

Her companion has a stern expression on his face. He was in regular jeans and a t shirt, but had large boots and a thick jacket. In his pockets was his tin of chew tobacco. When she looks at him, he curls his lip up just enough to indicate a smile. Ricardo didn't want Jen to be too nervous.

The Avalon is quiet and the lights are low. Hobbling about lobby area, her left leg dragging more than walking, and carefully inspecting a fire extinguisher is the small shape of the Herald. She is dressed in a school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a long gymslip to mid calf...neat and polished Oxford pattern shoes, crisp white blouse and a red necktie. A satchel at her side. Clutching her cane she hobbles to the next extinguisher...looking up as, clearly thinking she was alone, she hears footsteps. Careful to inspect the shape at The Stairs, she calls out carefully, "Hello, can I help you?"

"Herald Villiers?" The Nosferatu calls back, stepping forward towards the woman's voice.
"It's Jennifer Hazelton and Ricardo Reyes. I was hoping to seek an audience with you, if that would be all right."

Ricardo smiles at the Herald, but cringes when Jen gets his name wrong. Other than that, the introduction was fine and to the point. "Buenos tardes, Senora Villiers." (good evening Madam Villiers) he added.

Smiling and clearly delighted, to judge by her tone of voice, she hobbles closer, her leg dragging more. She spies Ricardo at Jennifer's side too. "Ah, good evening, Miss Hazleton! Buenos noches, senor! Do come in!" she gestures for the duo to step closer into the club and waves her cane towards the comfortable seating near the lit wall lamps. "Do take a seat, please! I hope you are both well!" she chirps, and, smiling, she begins her slow, careful, way towards the seats too.

"Thank you, Madam Herald." The young vampire replies as she takes a seat.

"I was hoping we'd have a chance to speak to you. We had a few questions about how domain and residency works. Would that be all right?"

Martha has barely had time to hobble over and already the young lady is diving in with questions. She was unsure whether to admire the direct approach or...she chuckled and began, "Goodness, we are direct aren't we! I see! I am very well too, thank you for asking!" she chuckles happily enough, leaning on her cane as she surveys Jennifer's shoes, then a smile to her. "You should know that such a direct approach as this would be hardly likely to win favour with the Alder Prince!" another friendly smile as she hobbles closer still and leans once more on her cane. "but...I can see you are eager! So, I will not linger on providing any more lessons of that nature! Now...issues of Tenancy, eh? Hmmm..." and she makes a brief and almost theatrical gestures of tapping a gloved finger to her lips, to show she is thinking. "With whom else have you talked about this? Did you wish to know something specific...or in detail?"

"Oh, my apologies Herald." The Nosferatu shook her head, annoyed at herself. "Its something thats been running through my head for a few days and I let myself get distracted. Thank you for letting me know how rude I behaved just then. I'll be certain to take it to heart."

She forced herself to look at Herald Villiers and not at Ricardo.

"No, we haven't spoken about this to any one else."

Jennifer paused for a minute, wondering how specific they should be.
"We're thinking about where the coterie might be able to make a more permanent haven. I wouldn't presume to say that we deserve it as yet, but we're willing to make ourselves useful to our Elders."

Martha smiles and seems to watch Jennifer very closely. "A coterie, eh? You have formed a coterie?" she seems impressed, sharing a respectful nod to Ricardo then Jennifer. "I see! Very enterprising! Not to say: exciting too! Are you co-habiting, might I ask?" leaning harder on her cane, she bites at her bottom lip a moment. Then nods. "I see...well...Tenancy is no small matter, miss. No small matter at all. The Right is often granted after long, and often dangerous, service to a Regent." she looks to Ricardo then back to Jennifer. "The Right of Tenancy may also be granted, of course, by the Alder Prince...afterall, the Regents hold their territory at his behest and in his Gift! However. In the first instance, I would recommend speaking with one of the Regents...and perhaps seeking out Mr Dillon Connery. He is experiencing a similar situation..."

Ricardo bit his lip. Maybe letting Jen talk wasn't such a good idea. He had to decide how much he was going to reveal. "I have been talking to Harpy Donovan in general, but get the feeling that everything is in flux. It has been hard to get in contact with any Regents."

"Trouble contacting them? I daresay! They are busy! But...all the same, please try once more. If you still have trouble, please contact me!" she seems sincere in this offer. Martha holds up a hand, as if to pause herself. "Wait a while, please...I shall be back shortly...I shall gather a map which may be of help...please excuse me, I shall be only a short while..." she smiles, nods respectfully and, unless stopped, will limp heavily away.

Allowing more than enough time for Ricardo and Jennifer to talk amongst themselves before she returns...

"Maybe we should seek out Connor?" She suggests. "He's been doing this longer than we have. He might know who respects what. Perhaps we could help each other on the difficult tasks that we could assist with?"

She pauses, glancing towards where the Herald dissapeared to.

Ricardo grimaced. "Next time we talk to an official, let's plan it out beforehand. We don't need to be the next Brenn." He liked the Herald and didn't wast to look like a fool in her eyes any more than he already had. He considered changing the subject. "Sure we can talk to Deputy Connor. I haven't asked him for enough favors lately." He stressed Deputy so that she would remember to call him by his title in front of the Herald. The second sentence had more than a hint of sarcasm in it. At this rate, he would owe Connor years of his unlife.

"You want to take over the conversation?" Jennifer suggests. "You have spoken to the Herald more often than I have."

She leans forward in the chair. "Love to see this map. We need to commit it to memory for the patrols. "

"When she showed me a map last time, it didn't have names on it. At this point, we should focus on memorizing the communal hunting grounds. That's were our patrols will most likely take place." Ricardo pauses for a moment. "Each time we meet one of our superiors, we need to have a plan. If we stick to that plan, we can be more productive and have to deal with less surprises. What do you want to accomplish other than seeing the map? Would you like to schedule a patrol?" He looked around to make sure Martha wasn't nearby. "We could also use a few more pleasantries. Those are a big part of the Invictus." He considers taking over the conversation, but doesn't actually say it. He wouldn't be around Jennifer all the time and she needed to be able to talk to officials on her own.

Jennifer grimaces, but refrains from speaking. For all she knew, Martha could have perfect hearing of this whole area. It wouldn't do to sulk. She tilts her head away from Ricardo, eyeing the table.

"The communal hunting grounds- and the access points." She nodded. "We need to see the most direct routes to better hunting- and the routes one would take to avoid being noticed. We ought to schedule a patrol for as soon as possible, but we need to check with Nao for when she would come.

I'd also appreciate it if our first patrol isn't with the Deputy if we could do that without giving offense. Best not to stumble in front of somebody we want to impress."

The Herald had seen her stumble enough. She considered Ricardo's advice on pleasantries and frowned. What else could they discuss?

A this, Martha limps heavily back, taking great care and attention to move slowly. She pauses to offer a smile as she makes her way back to Jenny and Ricardo.

"I am sorry to have taken so long..." she seems genuine in that, and getting as close to them as she can, she begins to move a coffee table between them all so she can lay the map out upon the surface. All smiles and busy hand gestures. Laying the map out, she seems to take a moment to study it herself. As if checking she has brought the right one.

http://www.cityofsacramento.org/gis/...ithStreets.pdf

It is that map, only with the outlines of the territorial limits of each Regent and the Prince annotated upon it. No names of Regents are on, but the boundaries are clear as she has marked the printout from the PDF with great care.

"Here we go!" she offers cheerfully, taking time to try to sit down now. Easing her stiff leg as close to the table as she can. Sitting was not something she seemed to enjoy. Making no effort to try to bend the knee joint, she brushes out creases from her long gymslip, fiddles with a twin tail for a second before begining again; "Now...any specific questions?" she glances between both Ricardo and Jenny as she asks this. Another happy smile.

Ricardo smiled back."Do not worry about taking too long, Herald Villiers." He looks at the map and makes an effort to memorize the area of the communal zone. "Do you perhaps have the contact information for Mr Dillon Connery? We would be most interested in talking to him."

As Ricardo speaks to the Herald, Jennifer focuses on the map. She moves her eye along the man road until Parkway South Sacremento. Her eyes focus on the small roads running between there and the La Riveria are. She notes the 99 cross area as 'the Rack' and marks the names of the roads as well as the distance.

She then moves along the edges of the map, marking the roads that went from the communal domain into the others. Parkway South and Citrus Heights were clearly going to be the most difficult to monitor with access to the 51. Her eyes move along the 5, noting where it connected near the Rack.

Interesting.

Her mind starts to process the time it would take to patrol the perimeter; then started to divy the interior into manageable patrols. Areas of interest would have to be found out.

Martha nods and, on the back of two small pieces of scrap paper she gathers from her satchel, she neatly writes the number down for Ricardo. Half the number on each piece. Handing them with a respectful nod to Ricardo. "I do hope you and he can be some mutual help, senor! I hold him in high regard. As I say, he came to me with similar questions. I should be interested to know what the outcome of his activity has been so far. I do hope it has been positive!" a happy smile. She rubs hard at her stiff knee before returning her hands to be folded neatly in her lap. Smiling in a friendly way to both Jen and Ricardo.

Jennifer looks up from the map as the Herald speaks, watching her with an animated expression. She was very pleased with the map, nearly overjoyed. The tool they needed for the job, offered by the joyful woman.

The Nosferatu nodded as the Herald mentioned the Deputy and her wish to know of his activity.
So he's been up to activities. I wonder how interesting they are. The childe wondered.

Her pleased expression fades somewhat as the Herald rubbed her knee. Her eyes lingered upon the other woman, wondering if the leg pained her and why the Vitae wouldn't ease it, as it had aided most of Jennifer's pains in her short Danse.

Martha's gaze meets Jen's. Her smile falters a second as she rubs harder at her stiff knee and thigh. Her skin pale. Her smile soon returns though. "I do hope all this is useful!" from her satchel she produces a second, neatly folded, printout of the map already laid out...this one has no annotations, she hands it to Jennifer with a smile. "This you may keep. The annotated one, I wish to keep here for the purposes of security. Now...are there any other matters you wished to talk upon? We need not confine our talk to matters of the map...but we may do so if it is a topic upon which you wish to linger!" she smiles, rubbing hard at her thigh, but with her free hand, daintily invites conversation with an open handed gesture.

As he had taken the phone number, Ricardo let her take the map. There was still something bothering him. "Madam Villiers, I am reluctant to admit it, but I do not know who the Regents are. Would you be so kind as to share that with us?" He usually liked being quite formal and discrete, but the time for discretion was over. This was essential information. Hopefully, Jen would understand him going back on his own rule.

The Nosferatu glances at Martha's knee with concern, but lowers her eyes to look sightlessly upon the table. She had been taught it was rude to stare. The American more that invasion of privacy was impolite warred with her own concern.

"Thank you." The Childe replied, accepting the map and pressing it smoothly against the table. She listened to Ricardo's question, watching silently.

Martha's friendly smile hesitates. Her rubbing at her thigh becomes a brief grip upon her knee. Catching sight of Jennifer looking away. Martha nods to herself. The twin tails wobble slowly. "Ah...I see. A very sensible question, senor. There are only two at present. Only two." this fact seems to have a tone of sadness about it. "Dr Erika Brady...a most beautiful and intelligent lady...she controls this zone here...I am a great admirier of her scholarly works..." she adds with a smile and happier look about her, and with a dainty finger, she identifies Erika's territory. "Regent Roxie Hart controls this zone..." again, a lightly directed finger identifies Roxie's Hungry Streets. "Regent Hart has a ferocious reputation and is known for her Skill at Arms; a deadly shot...so they say!" a timid smile at that. "These remaining zones are under the direct control of the Alder Prince...and, I suppose, by extention: myself on his behalf." a modest smile. She happily glances between Jen and Ricardo. Eager to share the information with them.

Mentally, Ricardo sighed. He took a minute to think about how there were so many vacant Regencies. That explains why he couldn't find the Regents: there were only two. Something about Martha's description of Roxie Hart made him want to say as far away form her as possible. "Thank you very much, Herald Villiers. We would be most interested in contacting Dr. Brady." He didn't ask for her contact information yet. He had already done that once, and contacting her directly might seem a little desperate.

Martha nods respectfully to Ricardo. Finding it hard to conceal her approval of the things he says and the way he says them. Rubbing harder at her thigh she looks to the maps on the table. As if contemplating the geography of them. Then looks back to Ricardo and Jennifer. "You are very welcome, senor! Very welcome! As I say, I would recommend talking to a Regent in the first instance...offer to help them patrol or police their territory, or whatever else Herculean task they may have for you and your Coterie!" she chuckles happily. Glancing to study Ricardo's sheer phyiscal might...as if quietly comparing him favourably to the Hero.

The Nosferatu listened closely to the descriptions of the women. She had no intention of working for such a violet Regent. She knew that the coterie was of the same mind with Ricardo verbally affirmed it.

The Childe glanced upwards towards Madam Herald.

"Madam Herald, would it be acceptable to you if I were to ask about something unrelated to the patrol opportunity?" She paused for a minute, thinking over her request.

Martha paused too and nodded to confirm she would welcome the query...smiling, she listened.

"I have always been a student. Perhaps eternally, now," She smiles, a bit wistfully. "I was wondering if there was any forum for teaching. Or perhaps any restrictions upon learning in this Domain. I understand that I am young and most of my knowledge serves my elders best by my faithful service, but my thoughts turn to the younger generation. There seems to be a few who may be seeking a trade or task. "

Martha clearly tried to follow, and indeed had seemed eager and excited by what she heard. But something was said she did not understand. "I...I beg your pardon, miss...but...teaching? Teaching what...and where, might I ask, please?" a happy smile, her question is one seeking information, not a concealed rebuke. She folds her hands in her lap, smiling. Awaiting the reply.

"My apologies for being imprecise, Madam." the neonate dipped her head apologetically.

"I meant: are there any restrictions on what may be taught in the domain?"

Ricardo wanted to let Jen learn on her own. However, he knew how taboo it was to talk about teaching other Kindred the special powers of each Clan. Ricardo interjected as gently as he could "Technology. She is quite good with all the new developments and would like to be able to share that knowledge."

Martha giggles and throws her hands up in playful and mock exasperation, looking between Ricardo and Jennifer. "Oh, dear! I remain unenlightened! Rather...even more confused! Restrictions? Well...if you refer to the skills of mortals...there is a university campus. They are friendly and helpful there! Even several YMCA centres...lots of local schools. One may indulge ones passion for learning...a passion I share..." she adds a smile and rubs again at her thigh, "...at anyone of these schools and colleges!" she smiles again. Clearly a little confused, but doesn't seem to want to make an issue of it. She looks to Ricardo. Then Jennifer. As if suspecting there was some strange activity at work there that she couldn't put her finger on. She leaned back in her seat, rubbing carefully at her thigh as she silently, gently, appraised Ricardo and Jennifer.

The young neonate fought the desire to smile at the Herald's good mood. After all, she had confused the good woman. The corners of her mouth tug upwards in spite of her best efforts,

"My apologies, Madam Herald. Ricardo has guessed my mind's intent, which is good; as my mouth muddled it!" She attempted to explain.
"In San Diego, there were restrictions on teaching other Kindred. When I taught PowerPoint, I had to get the potential student's Priscus to agree to it."

Thank you for putting my mind at ease!

"I appreciate the time you've taken to meet with us Herald. Perhaps even more so that you have shared with us the territory that you must look after. "
The childe bobbed her head.

"I have just one more question before we leave you with our gratitude. I feel that through ignorance and youthful folly, my mistakes in etiquette have not shown you the respect you deserve. My Sire did his best, yet path I seek for myself is one where I show elders the due deference their wisdom has earned. As I lack the necessary knowledge, may I ask if you know of someone who may teach me etiquette among the Kindred?

I would be willing to express my gratitude through labor or the giving of blood tithe. "

She hastened to explain, in case she had used the wrong term again.
My sire would have me bring vessels as blood tithe for education. If that is not practiced here, I withdraw the offer and apologize.

Ricardo smiled and nodded an Jen confirmed his clarification. His expression soured when he Jen offered a blood tithe. Her description was reminiscent of how his sire asked for human to sacrifice. He wondered just how many people his family had lured to their deaths with smiles or pulled to their demise with brute force. He looked away involuntarily due to his shame.

Martha, still watching Jennifer and Ricardo from her more careful posture on the seat, nodded as Jennifer spoke. Nodding more when talk of tuition became apparent. She made a pausing gesture at talk of a tithe, smiling reassuringly.

"I see, miss! You are wise to make the offer! Very wise! Your conduct towards me this evening, had you exhibited the self same behaviour to the Alder Prince, would, I suspect, have had long term and highly damaging consequences for you! Please do not mistake my witholding punishment for a weakness or hesitatancy of nerve on my part to issue one, though, miss!" she nods, her smile there, but her tone shows she's very serious. "Now...I shall gladly instruct you, miss. I shall not require a blood tithe...in truth, the very notion offends me...I wish to hear no more talk...ever again...of that sort of bargain." her tone there seems serious, but doesn't last long. She clearly lightens for, "The price I shall exact, miss, I shall ponder. It shall not be steep. You shall be able to afford it, I am sure! Neither of us will benefit from any cruel payment demanded from you!" she giggles merrily, plays with one of her twin tails. "Unless a gross punishment would suit some longing for an agonizing penalty on your part!" she teases, smiling and hoping to lighten the mood a little more.

"I shall be happy to teach you, miss! Please attend me tomorrow...dress...dress accordingly. I shall be interested to see what you feel is appropriate for when you attend me in such a manner! Come prepared with questions." a happy smile. She rubs hard at her thigh once again. "I am looking forward to working with both of you and see this encounter as a very positive one indeed!" she smiles. Clearly sincere.

Jennifer presses her lips together for a moment as the Herald completes her surprising offer. She had expected a lesser status person to be asked to help her, perhaps when they were free in several weeks. The Herald herself...

Jennifer rubs her throat with her hand momentarily, assuring herself that her voice would still function after such a shock.
"Thank you, Herald Villiers. I have enjoyed your honesty. I will be glad of any price; for I know that you are as fair as you are kind."

She pauses for a moment, wondering if that didn't come off terribly insulting. It had been honest, but perhaps she would consider her words more carefully in the future. She was especially grateful not to worry with blood tithe. It had always made her worry over the fates of 'her people'.

Ricardo took a moment to collect himself. Apparently, Jen had agreed to some uncertain price in exchange for Martha's tutelage. He didn't like the idea of making a deal for a price he didn't know in advance. "I know your tutelage will be quite beneficial and your price will be fair, Herald Villiers." His tone made it obvious that he trusted Martha, but didn't want to make a similar deal. He made a mental note to talk to Jen later about making deals.

Martha sat back again and tucked her hands under her slim thighs. A gentle smile to Ricardo and Jennifer. She listened to them talk of her kindness and fairness, she nodded to these kind words to extend a sincere and humble gratitude for them.

"You are both very kind! Thank you! I wonder," she asks, looking cheerfully to Ricardo and Jennifer again, "did you have additional queries?"

Jennifer nodded to the Madam Herald in reply to her thanks. At the question of additional queries, she replied.

"No, Madam Herald. I am very grateful for the answers you have provided for our coterie."

Martha smiles and nods. "You are both very welcome! I do look forward to hearing how things are going! Please do keep in touch...and do not forget, miss, our tutorial tomorrow!" she adds with a smile. She seems to be preparing herself to stand.

Ricardo puts up his right hand to indicate that her standing wasn't necessary. "Thank you very much, Herald Villiers. You have been very helpful. We can show ourselves out. Adios Senora." He gets up and leans forward, so that if she wants to shake hands she can do so while sitting down. However, he tries not to be close enough to make her uncomfortable.

Jennifer stood and stepped to the side of the table. She bows to the Herald, holding it for a beat before rising. "Thank you, Madam Herald. I hope that you are well this evening and look forward to my tutorial tomorrow."

The brunette slips the map inside the interior of her jacket.