Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Biting the Bullet

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    I
    Irina

Okay. Blue, ocean blue, sky plue, powder- why the Hell do there need to be so many damned shades?!

As though a headache had started to burn at her temples, Doctor Powell raised a finger to gently rub her head. This was, she thought with a large injection of annoyance, something that could have been put off.

To Doctor Powell, clothes shopping was like a dreaded chore for Kine: food shopping, washing plates and cutlery and the like. It had never beeen something she took particular pleasure in: clothes were a necessary part of wandering around out doors, functional not fashionable.

She was well aware that her hatred of the damned task stemmed from her mother's insistence on staying with the fashions of the time. Considering the place that her family had once held in society, this was hardly shocking. And yet, the good doctor had detested it, and still held that hatred long after her Embrace.

Moving to Sacramento, joining in at Court, meeting other Kindred...it had prompted her to actually broaden her wardobe horizons. She certainly had no intentions of going the "wear it once and never again route" - how horrendously wasteful; but perhaps she could choose a couple of choice things to ensure she fit in a little better.
    Lord knew, she was running out of items.

Fortunately a couple of clothes shops were open late, and it gave her the opportunity to slip in once darkness had fallen. Had that not been the case, clothes shopping would definitely have had to wait - what else would she have done? Shopped online?

As if sensing her inner turmoil, a sales assistant braved the scent of blood and disinfectant to approach Doctor Powell. No doubt she assumed a medical worker had just gotten off shift - and at least attempted to cover the smell, with a little perfume.

"Can I help you with anything, ma'am?"

Lost in her own world, the good Doctor turned around a good few seconds after the younger woman had actually spoken. "Hm? Oh, no. Thank you." The frown on her face must surely have suggested a little white lie. Too distracted to consider the possibility of rudeness on this occasion, Josephine returned her attention to the dress.

Black? Anything goes with black. White, green, orange, a shade of unadventurous.

It was with a jolt of surprise that Doctor Powell realised she had only been in the shop for ten minutes. Good Lord, this was torturous

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The brunette hesitated at the doorway; exploring the feeling inside her. The beast of the other was fearsome, but she wrestled it down.
    After a moment, she realized the beast settled a minute sooner than usual. It seemed it recognized this Beast

"Doctor?" Jennifer recognized the other predator when she entered the store a beat later.
    She resisted saying the Doctor's name, some didn't like their names used in Kine places.

"What are the odds? I just realized this is the last outfit I have," She indicated her own outfit. "- that I didn't wear to college. I'm going to have to break
    out Cal tech sweatshirts pretty soon."

She grinned.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

I
    Irina

"Hm? Who needs a Doctor?" Clearly she wasn't paying very much attention to the world outside of shopping right now. She held now a pair of shoes in each hand: black boots in one, and stillettos in another. The good Doctor could not even remember the last time she wore stillettos. She was damned sure couldn't recall what they looked like.

As though belatedly realising that she had in fact been addressed, Josephine turned around. Recognition flashed across her face immediately, and she smiled slightly in greeting. It was in fact, just a little strained.

"At least sweatshirts are more functional than some of these-," Doctor Powell waved a hand haphazardly to indicate the fashionable items surrounding her. "Then again, I suppose it does depend on the function they're needed for."

Jennifer's arrival did at least provide Josephine with the opportunity to relax for a few minutes in her searching. "How are you this evening?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer's outfit
    [spoiler][/spoiler]

"Oh, I'm good. Trying to shop for.. our events." She stated vaguely, not wanting to declare 'Court and my etiquette lessons!' She imagines the sales ladies hiding nearby, listening for color and size options.

Jennifer glanced back down to the doctor's choice, the stilettos or the boots.

"Stilettos always hurt my feet," The brunette admitted. "Boots are always what I preferred. But what are you buying for? Walking around
    town, boots will be great.

Not for official functions though.."

She frowns, glancing around the room for some sort of in between shoe.

"I hate buying something just for one occasion." She confesses. "Like we have all that much disposable income. But I always think we should look approximately like every one else. Just because we're a different Family doesn't mean we should be looked down on... ooh."

She drops her line of thought and plucks up a shoe.

"Do you like to wear pink?" She asked. "This is just too precious."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

I
    Irina

"Exac-." What precisely Doctor Powell had been about to respond in agreement to was lost as the pink boots were held aloft.

Her head tipped sideways, eyes scrutinising the suggested item of footwear. "Ahh..." She nibbled absently on her lip as she pondered an appropriate response. "I don't think pink is really my colour." That, Josephine decided, was wonderfully diplomatic.

Granted, she wasn't entirely sure what was her colour, but she was certain that pink was not it.

"What are you supposed to choose first anyway?"
    She had heard, of course, that outfits were supposed to match. The good Doctor wasn't entirely idiotic when it came to this sort of stuff. "Shoes? Jackets? Socks?"

Okay, the last part was clearly a joke.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Probably figure out what color you plan on wearing for the main item." She set the boot back down on its
    pedestal.
    "What color of dress do you want to wear? A nice... black dress?"

That seemed a natural choice.

"Or maybe a green or gold color. Could really make your eyes pop." Jennifer's last statement was more of a question.
    "I'm not really good on picking outfits, I go by how the dress feels. Perhaps you should try on something that catches your eye,"

I
    Irina

"Well, dresses appear to be the order of the day," Josephine remarked as she scanned the shop, and while she didn't sound entirely keen, there was at least a willingness to make an attempt. She tended toward wearing pants but, in hindsight, it was probably in a long-lasting and pointed defiance to a long past idea that to wear "men's clothes" was a serious faux paus.

"I haven't exactly worn green recently. Or red, or blue-," or anything that wasn't entirely neutral and subtle enough to plend in. "You can probably get where I'm going with that." Josephine provided a half-hearted grin. "But hey, I'm here to...buy. I might as well gain some newfound enthusiam."

The latter half of her comment was mostly to herself, muttered grimly.

I like torturing myself. That must be it.

As a serious concession to trying harder, Doctor Powell grabbed several of the nearest dresses in the deepest hope that at least one would be suitable.

"I have to wonder, considering the array of fashions we've seen recently at the reunion, how often they actually shop."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"They do tend to look a bit dated sometimes, don't they?" She replies to her comment at the other Kindred. "Some of them look so,,,
    trashy, with so much exposed skin. I'd rather not go that route, even if its the fashion."

"Dresses are good." Jennifer hedged, eyeing Dr. Powell's selections.
    "Lets get you a room. I'll help you outside.."

And keep you and the mirror out of the sales peoples view..
    "Excuse me, Miss," She flagged down a sales lady. "Can we get a dressing room, please?"

Following the two women, the Nosferatu turns and scans for a mannequin to examine its style. Oh, no. Much too short.

She selected two shoe boxes that caught her eye, giving Josephine an encouraging smile.

I
    Irina

Josephine followed the assistant, and the younger woman left the two Haunts to their own devices once she had passed along a marker labelled 6, to indicate the amount of clothes being taken inside the small changing room.

She tugged the curtain across and perused the dresses to see which one to try on first. Selecting a dark blue dress- and inwardly eyerolling at the elaborate description - she tugged it on after shedding her own, far drabber attire. A few minutes later, her eyes flickered down to assess the dress.

"Well, I can almost see my navel," Doctor Powell muttered dryly. Ultimately the heavily plunging neckline provided the good Doctor with a very good reason for why grabbing the nearest item was not a good idea. The silvery-blue dress was a better cut, falling just above the knee. She hesitated nonetheless - the style wasn't exactly something she was used to seeing. Fortunately, Josephine was not stupid enough to not realise her own indecisiveness, and she pulled back the curtain several minutes later.

"What do you think?" she questioned, feeling utterly ridiculous and rather like a teenager.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Modest cut at the knee..." Jennifer declared, positioning herself at an angle to the other woman.

"You can wear it to more formal occasions and more casual ..."
    She tilted her head, eying the neckline. "We can get some different accessories to change it up between occasions.

I think you look lovely in it. But more important- how do you feel in it?"
    She asked, glancing to Josephine' face to get an idea of the other woman's mood.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.