Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Better Late than Never...Right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    L

McKinley Park...where it had all begun, where they'd taken the next step, and where they'd do so again. A place that meant so much, and would mean even more before long. And it was where he waited for Marcus so he could do something he should've done a while ago if he hadn't somehow managed to get so caught up in everything else that was going on. But the life of the Lost was never simple, he supposed.

So for now, he waited for Marcus Evan to arrive.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Ever punctual, Marcus arrives at precisely the agreed upon time. He saunters up to Rick with a rather quizzical(and vaguely concerned) look on his shiny, metallic face. A surprisingly strong heat haze emanates from the Summer Courtier as he gives the Autumn King a friendly slap on the back, then leaves his hand resting firmly on his friend's shoulder.

"Everything alright?"

With Marcus right next to him, Rick hears a faint roaring that seems to come from far away. If he's ever been to a Kings game, it might remind him of how the crowd sounds after the ref makes a controversial call. Some of them cheer, while others boo and curse, but the vast majority make short, inarticulate sounds and hold their collective breath as if they are unsure of what just happened and aren't quite sure how to react. It sounds like that.

L

"Yeah, everything's fine." He's caught slightly by surprise at the heat emanating from his fellow Elemental, feels the cool winds of his own mantle kick up a bit to insulate him as he casts an appraising eye over Marcus. "Summer burning brighter in you lately? I don't recall it being quite this warm in Lucas's office." A brief pause, as his mind casts back briefly over the years. Back to a simpler time before his eyes had been opened to the horrors of the world. "And you sound kinda like a Badger football game."

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus looks down at himself in appraisal as if Rick had just complimented him on his clothes.

"Is it? I suppose it is... a bit."

The metalflesh lets his hand drop from Rick's shoulder.

"Right. So, what did you want to talk about?"

L

"Well, I probably should've done this sooner. But I managed to get sidetracked...a couple times. You know how busy we can get." He scratches at the back of his head, a bit sheepishly. "So...better late than never, want to be my Best Man.""

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus' jaw goes a bit slack as he stares at Rick with a stupid look on his face.

"Do I...

er, that is, you do?

I mean, I do...

er, I will."

Marcus finally seems to recover himself as a wide grin splits his metal face. The elemental lays a firm grip on Rick's shoulder as he vigorously shakes the groom-to-be's hand.

"Of course I'll be your Best Man. I'd be honored."

L

"Great," and here he'd managed to get himself all nervous about this. Maybe the fae lifestyle just made people worry too much. No...it definitely did. Maybe he was just starting to worry too much, or it was pre-wedding jitters. Yeah, probably that.

"There aren't many people here I've known as long as you, aside from Terri probably not anyone I know as well as you. And you're the guy I'm absolutely certain I can turn to, no matter what. I really do appreciate that."

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus nods at the compliment. He's grateful for the fact that he can depend on Rick not to get all mushy and emotional at moments like these.

"I feel the same way. Now on to important business...

How many strippers will we need?"

L

Rick holds his hands out in front of him waving them slightly. "On that subject, I've just got two words to say...Plausible. Deniability."

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus gets a dead serious look on his face as he responds.

"What happens in Ember... stays in Ember."

The metalflesh's composure cracks as a grin begins to creep its way on to his face.

"No worries, mate. I don't want to see Terri hacked off at me, either."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread