Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
Meet and Greet 4

Page 11 of 23 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last

PRE

Jack listens to Lux and Qadesh. Considering how long it's been since the Consilium brought this up, I wonder if people have had Order- or Cabal-based business to attend to that was deemed more important... In which case...

"Well, for starters, one of them was a Sleepwalker, the actual reporter,"
    he begins, his tone friendly even as he goes into a sort of lecture mode. "Her camerawoman was a Sleeper, based on her confusion from the reporter's directions on what to film. The reporter was spelled up by someone, whom Ariadne and I believe might be her boss, so that she could actually see the Ley, which is still in a weird state: some of the Lines are being tangled up in knots... Don't ask me how; I can only speculate...

"Anyway,"
    the mystagogue breathes an exasperated sigh, likely frustration with the weirdness he just mentioned, "the reporter girl gave Ariadne her business card, so I'll have to call her up to get any info on the location, but I think it was some newspaper..."

PRE

Joshua juggles coffee and book so he can shake Pulp's hand, nodding to the thearchs in greeting. Jack had introduced him and Jack had all the relevant details on the investigation, so the Sentinel is quite comfortable to just keep quiet and let them suss out the situation.

Lux

PRE

"That's...interesting," Lux said slowly, tapping a finger against the paper cup she holding. "I'm not sure what goal was supposed to be accomplished by having a Ley filmed, but there's a few other things that don't make sense. For one, if the reporter works for a newspaper, it's odd that she would have a camerawoman along with her, but I suppose that might just be a friend of the reporter's or the result of a favor being called in," the Obrimos mused. "Secondly, based off what you said, do we know for a fact that the reporter is a sleepwalker, or are we just assuming that she is? The reason why I ask is that if one is very well versed in Prime, it's possible to sidestep disbelief and give a sleeper the sight, so while that's probably not likely, we shouldn't rule that out if we don't know whether or not the reporter is a sleepwalker...

"Um, and, if you don't mind another question, who is Ariadne?" she added rather abruptly, trying to end the stream of inquiry on a less blunt note.
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Bailiff manages to finish not only his doughnut but also let his coffee cool and drink it as Technique simply sat there, saying nothing to his joke.

Okay, it wasn't exactly a sidesplitter, but come on!

"Well," the Obrimos says, feeling his frustration start to build up, "this is truly enlightening. I mean, I'm no social butterfly but ignoring a guy is pretty cold." Bailiff stands, leaving his cup and plate where it was. "Have fun, man. Don't accidentally shoot yourself with the hand-cannon you carry around." The Guardian then heads for the door, feeling that small talk just wasn't his forte.

Bailiff exits scene

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

Ahriman watches Bailiff leave and sighs, shaking his head, noting to talk to the big man later. He turns to the woman.

"thorry letth thee. That guy there.." he points to tech, "heth the acanthuth councilor, and i don't see any otherth around right thith moment, but I could jutht not be theeing them." He tries to remember who is who. "What path are you?"
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

PRE

"Ariadne's a Guardian and the Herald... Weird that she's not here, but it's not like this is mandatory," Jack replies, shrugging. "Anyway, while yes, if properly spelled up, she could be given Sight even without being partially Awake, and she could even be spelled to look like a Sleepwalker when scrutinized, I'd prefer to think not unless proven otherwise."

His eyes then widen slightly as a thought jumps into his head. The mystagogue relays this to the Libertine and Ladders, "Oh! Actually, the spells on her were Fate-based, if I remember correctly. Nothing Prime. So it's highly unlikely that she's not a Sleepwalker."

O
    Ophidimancer

Qadesh noticed with part of his mind that Jack seemed to have adopted a pedagogical tone, and subtly changed his posture to match. His eyes perked up in interest and he even half raised a hand as he asked a question, all part of his Earnest Young Student posture.

"So as a Sleepwalker, she would be able to see and remember magic, right? That could make her valuable to the Awakened, but it could also cause trouble if she goes around talking about what she sees. Maybe we can recruit her as an ally and kill two birds with one stone?"

PRE

"Hmmmm so somebody loaded up a Sleepwalker with spells, teamed them up with their very own professional witness, aka camera person, and sent them out get information about a bunch of screwed up lay lines." My demeanor changes and I'm no longer fucking around, in fact my attention is focused on Jack, Joshua, Lux, Q and the problem at hand. "If the reporter thing really isn't just a cover, that's probably the place to begin. We can try Space on the card, see if there is any sympathetic connections, and on the mundane side of things a name for both the reporter and her paper should give us something to check out. Newspapers have websites and sometimes little bios of their writing staff, even if they don't there should be an archive of her articles so we can see what she's been writing about." Of course that all depends on getting the reporter's business card.

"Those ideas might not give us much but it's more than we have right now. Do you have the Herald's number? I would really like to have a look at that business card."

When Q asks his question I simply shrug before replying. "Honestly it really depends on who threw on the spells and sent her out there. She might know nothing and simply be a pawn or she might be a willing accomplice to an enemy of the Consilium. Right now she's an unknown and someone who could potentially be dangerous."

Idun

PRE

"Thyrsus." Idun replies after looking back from watching Bailiff leave.

Guess I showed up rather late to the party too... She thinks, recalling how everyone had been settled in before she arrived. She's kind of use to people glancing her ways for a number of reasons.

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

"Then your councilor would be mithth Triquetra, who ith not here. If you need help athk her." He smiles at her nervousness. "don't worry, we don't normally do that."

"Now if yew need help the Free council hath a hothle down town from what I hear. That would be owned by Rothh, but if you can catch Pulp. " He points towards the larger group to the small young looking man. "heth a Libertine ath well tho he can point you in the right direction. "

"What order did you thay yew were?"
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

Page 11 of 23 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last
Closed Thread