Technique paced outside the front of the mansion, hardly gawking at the polished granite steps like he had once done when he bought the place several months ago. This time, he was anxiously awaiting the two who would finish out their Cabal, this shifting and changing idea that Brent and Technique had decided to pursue. A Guardian, whose Orders presence was always necessary, that Technique could trust. Mostly trust. he corrected himself. Damn if i wouldnt want to show her the master bedroom first. So long as i can make sure she isnt bringing a knife, too. And Rosh....the guy could do his job better than most, and had already saved Technique once. I owe you for that, it wont be forgotten.

The California sun glinted off his sunglasses, and he was dressed practically for such a day - a white wife beater on, blue jeans, and a glass of iced tea in his hand. He stared down the long driveway, covered with trees, and waited for the two newest additions and the cementing of a bond.

Technique was only waiting a short while before Brent came striding out the trees and across the lawn. Brent's path towards Tech was not direct. He seemed to be skirting the edges of the lawn, stopping occasionally to look at something. It took a few minutes but Brent slowly made his way round in an Arc.

As Brent approached he seemed to be talking to the thin air to the right of him. Brent had figured that Tech would be used to him talking to things unknown by now.

The conversation seemed to abruptly stop as Brent got close enough for Tech to hear him. Brent whistled "Nice place, must have cost you a fortune."

Ariadne walks around a corner and smiles as she finally sees Tech and Brent. Those directions had made no sense at all. Stupid google. Fortunately a little Space had given her the nudge to overcome some direction confusion. As she walks to them, two aetheric wisps fade from her aura, social anonymity and that nagging sense of which way is north. Her jaw drops as she sees the hou.. mansion Tech is standing in front of. "Wow.. nice place."

She comes to a stop at roughly conversational distance from the two men. Eyes looking for any obvious signs of a security system as well as the street for any onlookers. There is a heavy temptation to gaze across and sense for any threads connecting the mansion to others but Ariadne holds back. That would be rude.

An old Lincoln rolls up extravagant drive way. A hurried looking Rosh jumps out straightening his collar with intent on looking like he knew what he was doing. This was a chance for a something new. Something bigger then anything Rosh had dealt with before.

And she had to be here. Rosh is never one to hold a grudge. The she devil struck a chord and Rosh was determined to repay that sting in some way. He nods to everyone. "Would it be cliche to say this is not what I expected Techy?" He gives a warm half laugh as he scopes out the digs. Maybe he should reverse on his position about living arrangements.

Tech smiles bemusedly as first Brent, then that fine piece off ass named Ariadne, and Councillor Rosh show up. He gives a smirk at the comments about the house, glancing back in a cocky manner. "Pshaww, this? This is just the summer house." There he goes with that weird grin again - he cant be serious. "Come on up, i've got a conference room and everything." He turns and makes his way up the marble steps, and cruises in through the white, gilded door.

The entryway is clean, neat, with a light brown tile floor and a Persian rug taking up a chunk of space. A crystal chandelier hangs about 12 feet above their heads. Tech moves over to a set of double doors just off the side of the entryway, and leads the small procession into a wood paneled room. A polished black Onyx table runs down the length, with seating for 12 in styled, plush leather chairs. One wall of the room - the one immediately behind the seat Technique heads to, at the front of the table - is a massive clock, with a black background and gold numbers and hands. The time is accurate down to the second. He looks at the assembled mages, paragons of human potential, and sees something to be forged, molded into purpose.
"So, Welcome to Castillo de Coronel. Would anyone like drinks before we begin business?" He asks, motioning to a cabinet off to the side filled with a variety of liquids in crystal containers.

"Just some water will do for me Tech." Brent replies. He was eager to get started, nothing was certain at this point. If the meeting went well they would have a cabal. If it went wrong then he could earn 3 enemies.

Rosh stands and moves toward the bar, drawing up two glasses of water with ice. One is set before Brent. "Anyone else?" He sets his own glass down at his seat, pulls out his phone and silences it. Handing glasses of whatever to whomever asks. Blue eyes fall back on Tech one he is done, patiently urging him to begin the meeting.

Ariadne gawks at the place as Tech leads them through. It is Amazingggg. "Water also please." She says as they stand in the conference room. Glancing at the clock for a long moment before looking at the others. It was going to be an interesting Cabal. Though a big Why would be nice to know as well, but that can wait. She takes a seat at the table and waits for things to begin.

Technique moves to the drink cabinet, standing next to Rosh and filling two more glasses with water as well, and handing one to Ariadne on his way back to the chair at the front of the table. "Well, for starters, thank you for joining me for this meeting. Our city is in crisis. Granted, so is this entire world, this astral plane - and yet, we can not fix it until Sacramento is well and truly safe." He takes a sip of his water, fighting off the nervousness he felt inside, the mockery he felt was going to come. "Perhaps that is just my Order coloring my view. However, i have been on a mission with each of you. Each of you know the dangers this city is fraught with. This is why i have not turned to initiates for this pact, this Cabal." He shrugs, leaning back into his chair. "This city needs confidence. Not that we alone could completely achieve that - but we can sure as well try." There. What do you think?

Brent was chuckling on the inside, on the outside his expression remained unchanged. You certainly have a way with words Tech, when it comes to talking street you are an expert. When it comes to talking business... well, yeah. Brent smiled as he looked around the table. A Guardian: A necessary evil, a libertine: Rosh is a good guy, I am just not sure what function he is going to fufil? Perhaps making sure we remain equal? That one is a bit tricky, and two arrows: Things are looking up.

In a different way perhaps Tech had said what Brent would have. The city was fraught with dangers and the more mages that co-operated the safer it would become. One mage alone could be strong and create wonders. A group of mages were a force to be reckoned with. When they got together and worked on a common goal they were be a force to be reckoned with and could achieve extraordinary results.

"I'm in." Brent grinned at Tech "But you knew that, probably before I did."

"Doing what the city needs is one thing. Can we assume to know what that is? A Nobel goal for sure. But we are not the only group of Mages in town. Was there anything more specific you had in mind?"
Rosh takes a sip and leans forward to hear Tech better.

A smirk. "Well, all of the recent threats have been from Banishers, right? Shouldnt they be the focus of our efforts? I mean, i dont know much about this Vector guy - which is all the more reason to get rid of the people that work for, or with, him. Everybody seems to take this guy as a legitimate, and dangerous, threat. Anything we can do to lessen that threat, even if we are not strong enough to take him down ourselves, is a noble goal worth pursuit."

"I was told to stay as far away from that guy as possible. So aiming low and taking down his friends works just fine with me." She smiles being the only women in the room. Ariadne picks at a fingernail for a moment. "Dealing with the banishers is something I enjoy." She says it matter of factly and places her hands on the table one on top of the other. Twinkling eyes look at each other mage present for a moment before looking at the next. "Does that mean we are a hit team of sorts though? Or this is just the first step."

"As far as i care this is just one noble step for a powerful and worthy Cabal. Why should we stop with simply the Banishers?" He leans further back into the comfortable leather chair. "I may be an Enchanter, but i do not know all of the threats that might rise against us. We must be prepared to assist our Consillium and our society in any way that will help keep this city remotely functional, and safe for new people and travelers to come through."

"A cabal is not just for christmas." Brent chuckled. "In all seriousness it is not only about working together to solve problems but it is also about protection and helping each other. I do not think it is a problem in Sacramento but it is a problem in some citys. Some have cabal wars. Disagreements come up and you need someone to stand by your side. It can seriously even the playing field. That does not mean we are going to run round acting like a set of pricks. But its good to know that should any problems arise we have got each others backs."

Ariadne nods with a somber attitude not normally seen. "I'm in then. This city needs to be cleaned up." Eyes go to her glass of water which gets pushed back and forth on the table between her hands. After several moments she hasn't looked away from it and continues to push it back and forth.

Technique nods civilly. "So, we are in agreement then? To help form a sort of, pillar of stability, if you will?"

Rosh begins to text across the surface of the table flanked by strange Tribal Symbology visible only under Mage Sight. Supernal script appearing as the Obrimos taps away at his blackberry.

We act in Vigilance against deemed threats to the Consilium and City
  • We declare all Banishers worthy of death and will pursue that end
  • We will search the city for other threats and pursue their elimination
  • We uphold ourselves unified within the political discussions of the Consilium regarding our charge
  • We will motivate and support the ultimate ascension of our Souls through service and honor

"I think this parallels the motives behind the Arrow, Council, and Guardians. Unifies them." Rosh frowns. "My goal in life is the perfection of my soul through working to better this city and free it of the Lie in every way possible. If we can each support this cause with each other, I'm sure that stating as much outright as priority will position our Cabal in a higher light among those who will wish to understand our goals." Rosh studies his notes. Being secretary costs mana. Tech should looking into getting a presentation monitor. "It also makes for a better creed then 'kill all Banshees'. The vigilance becomes a reason toward rather then a reason for."

Blue eyes squint at the script as it forms. "Sounds good." Ariadne stops playing with the cup and pushes it to a side, extending a hand to almost touch the script. "Are those symbols personal or something you're suggesting for the cabal? I know that some cabals use specific mythologies or symbols to focus their work together." She pulls her hand back and watches the script, pitying that some could never see something so beautiful. One day They will be born and then our vigil will be judged.

"I was playing with possible icons for the banner." Rosh replies queitly. "A name. A symbol."

"I like it, and it sets reasonable parameters for us to work within." He takes a second to regard the symbols - "Is that it, then? The Vigilant Sacrifice. I like it." What the hell, hed given the name about 2 seconds worth of consideration, and it sounded badass. What more is expected from Technique?

Ariadne nods as Rosh mentions symbols. Symbols have power, it would have to be something with meaning but somewhat discrete so it could be used around. "I like the name." She says with a small smile. "Do we plan on using our symbol to mark turf or just use for events?" Ariadne looks at the symbols again. "It only matters to me as whether it is discrete or not then."

Rosh shrugs. "Both? Why not be proud, Tell Oz we won't bow to their authority and power. Maybe seeing the truth in a symbol is what will lead some to Awaken."

"Though your right. being too obvious is a bad idea. Your the Guardian. What is and is not apporpiate here?"

"Well we could just go past that and use magic to mark what we claim. Then only other mages could see it. Which would have the bonus of no sleepers getting uppity and the down side of having a giant neon sign pointing at where we are." Ariadne shrugs. "Other than that we could use one symbol for official stuff and a more mundane one for public things."

"I think that sounds like a good plan, Ari. I already have some places i have tagged with my own sig - shouldnt be too hard to go around and modify the graffiti to be representative of all of us." He looks at the gathered mages, knowing that, once unified, once true, they would be an impressive force to handle some of the Consilliums problems.

"So we good then? We can make it known?" Ariadne shifts in her chair, whole new experience going on here. "I mean, I don't know about you two... But this is exciting." She gives then a big grin. "So let's do this."

"We should move forward."
Rosh agrees. This is a move to set the future of the city.
Coordination against the Lie in all it's forms.