Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
(1109) Eternal Summer

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

PRE

Rust holds his tongue, only nodding to show he hears the command to duel.

Rook would pay for his quick tongue.

Rust watches his brother rearange the furniture with passin interest. WHo did what hardly changed anything. All that mattered was the one thing they over looked. Rust would no longer try and point it out.

They didn't want to see the obvious. Could this be what it was like for Sam? Rust gives the Tree-man a sidelong glance. Rust couldn't be that insane, could he?
    COuld he be wrong? Rook's actions and the following reactions proved otherwise, but still. Rust would not see himself become like Sam.

Not while he held breath.

Rust waited to see if Spartan would speak to him next.

K
    Kazakin

Rook felt a moment of slightly bemused shock hit him as Spartan gave him a title. Admittedly, he hadn't been expecting anything. The only deed of note he could really think of hadn't been for the Freehold. He'd just punched Spartan out in a brawl. And technically, he supposed, he'd told Rust to knock it the Hell off at the Crowing Fiasco, but he'd been one voice among many. Nothing special. That counted for nothing.

"..." He felt the upsurge hit his tongue this time, and turned his face away, biting down on it viciously. His odd reaction was obvious, but there was nothing he could do about that as he squirmed to prevent himself from asking the question he so dearly wanted to. It wasn't the time.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-12 04:30:58 Rook rolls 6 to Resolve 3 + Composure 3 (10 Again) 7, 5, 6, 3, 7, 10, 5 1 success

He knew they'd be looking at him like he was some crack addict tripping out- he knew that they probably already sided with what reminded of their friend, their general silence making him regret his Arcadian warping more than ever. He took a breath, shuddering visibly, his face twitching as he forced his metal tongue to be still.

"...You honour me, King Spartan,"
    he said, his voice hoarse. His heart felt like it was crushing against his steel ribs, and he bit down on his tongue again to silence the addition. Too much. The Doom was written as he was tied more firmly to this place- the place where his Fetch resided. The place where his Fetch knew he lingered.

What he wouldn't do to take that mistake back.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri watched as Spartan reshuffled the duties of Summer, somewhat impressed. Back at the coronation, she had pleaded with Summer to think about whom they chose to act as their leader rather than rush into a bad choice.

Perhaps Spartan was showing he was more than a simple warrior. Maybe he was King material after all.

She waited for all to speak. If she wanted to gain Summer's trust, she would need to understand far more than pure anger.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam nods at Spartan and shrugs at Fu, then watches the fight between Rust and Rook boil and shakes his head sadly. The pointlessness of being Sovereign, asking for a Pledge when your courtiers can't let you get to the end of your sentence before they're at each others throats...there but for the grace go Sam ever again. Much better to be a Court unto yourself. Sure, you can count on none but yourself, but since when had Sam not? Then the guy antagonizing Rust gets a position, and none offered to the one you're succeeding? That'll be bad blood there, for sure. King Spartan will need to watch his back. Sam holds back a snicker. He'd only met Rook for a minute, and he seemed alright, but if that guy's gonna be the Freehold's new copper, he'd need to watch his tongue better than he had, or he'd cause as much trouble as he found. Fu would do in his new role, he was sure, and though it was bittersweet for the former, he had to admit his friend Marcus would make a fine Hunter of Longest Days...and he'd have Sam's experience to call on, should he ever need. That is, if Marcus agreed to it. Sam had something else on his mind, too, but he'd wait for the Warden's reply to his new king.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

The elven Fairest begins to wonder what Spartan is planning with these shifts, leaving his so-called brother out of any of these Crimson Legion positions.

Maybe it's saying something... 'You done fucked up, get your shit more together,' maybe? Or maybe there are some other positions he plans to give out, ones not tasked with taking out enemies like mine aren't, despite the luck I have to come across such situations from time to time.

After a bit more thinking, Xerxia speaks. "I'll accept this Brotherhood oath."

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus neither reddens at the praise the Summer King gives him, nor pales in surprise at Spartan's decision to strip him of the responsibilities of Constable and set such a burden upon the untested shoulders of a relative newcomer. Even though Rust had already named him the de factor Hunter, it must mean something to Spartan for the fledgling king to award him the traditional title. After all, the elemental is well aware of the ogre's attachment to tradition. Nodding once, Marcus accepts his new position with dignity and stoicism.

"Thank you. I only hope to live up to your expectations."

S
    Spartan

"Xerxia, You are worried that I forgot you?" Spartan says looking to the elf, "I have not. You have acted as a combination of the Sun's Tongue and the Arrayer. Merging those responsibilities into something different. I ask you now, to take on a new roll. The roll of Iron Adjunct."

Spartan paused for a moment and walked over to Sarah, "I am not a politician, I am a warrior, a soldier. One day, Gods willing, I will die in battle fighting for this hold and you all. I ask for your assistance Xerxia. Will you help me?" the Hoplite asks.

Once he has heard from the Dancer Spartan turns to Rust. "My brother, My oldest friend. You and I have shed blood, both our own and others, hell we have died together. Now I ask you something. You and I know a war is coming and I ask you to be my preparer. My Man-at-Arms. Work with Xerxia to prepare, arms training whatever necessary. Just make us ready, for one day, when we have to fight, we will be ready."

Spartan turns to Sam, "Sam, I did not forget about you. Will you remain as the Shadow of the Sun?"

Sam Barkley

PRE

Barkley cracks a wry smile as Spartan continues to play Santa Claus with the titles, wondering if he should ask for a pony, and nods. "Aye, King, Mad Sam remains at yer service." Sam's attention then fell on Terri, wondering what she was doing here. Maybe it had something to do with her upcoming nuptials? He shoves a fistful of dead leaves and pine needles into his jaw to munch on while the Summers got down to this Pledge business.

As Sam spoke, Terri smirked. Mad Sam? she thinks, wondering if he'll ever get over the fact she's the only one that hugs him.

Terri looks over to the Old King.

And winks.

PRE

Rust meet's spartan eye to eye. "Yes." is all he replies, though a full dialogue paces over his features.

Confusion. Rust knew Politically it would be right to leave the former King without responsibility

Appreciation. HE would do as his brother asks.

Anger. It becomes suddenly clear half the goal is to drive Rust back to the Freehold.
    Maybe he should have said no.

Acceptance. Rust alone within Summer has the facilities to provide this service. Spartan had to have known that.

Looking back across to Rook. Rust wondered who would replace him as Constable.
    The man is clearly insane. Spartan has to work with what he has. Constable is a powerful position to give to a crazy fool. Is Rust alone in thinking Rook is nuts? No one else saw him reacting to something in his own mind?

No wonder the Freehold is so messed up.

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.