Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
(1109) Eternal Summer

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    B
    Beej

"Is that you're tail Al? Or are you just happy to see someone?" Otto wheezes under the monkey's rib groaning hug.

K
    Kazakin

Rook's gaze didn't move from Rust as Marcus put forth his order. It wasn't the he didn't support Spartan. It wasn't that at all. He just loathed bullies, and he didn't have the friendship with Rust the others had once shared. So the Metalflesh didn't see a man who'd once been his brother. He just saw a sneering, arrogant coward who was trying to grind his boot in, even though he'd been deposed.

He looked to Spartan.

"I have a right to face my challenger, King Spartan,"
    he said, his voice respectful. "I'm sorry that he couldn't wait for five Goddamn minutes, and I'm sorry that I couldn't control the tongue that my Keeper gave me in the first place-" and how much of a mark of shame that was, that he was never going to be complete, that it had caused him another Goddamn problem- "But I won't sit here and watch someone sneer and spit at everyone in this Court, and try and bully them into a choice that has no impact unless it's given freely."

Oh, now Rook is feeling mighty resiliant, thank you so much dice roller
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-09 22:12:04 Rook rolls 6 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 10, 8, 1, 4, 7, 9, 9 4 successes

PRE

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-09 23:32:42 Rust rolls 14 to Back off Per+Inti+Man (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 7, 10, 7, 10, 7, 7, 6, 8, 7, 2, 1, 1, 1, 8, 3, 2 5 successes
    2011-09-09 23:27:11 Rust rolls 6 to Res+Comp (10 Again) 8, 5, 8, 1, 9, 9 4 successes

"Rook. Shut up and listen to Marcus." A hard edge lines the statement. "We can play latter." And they would if Rust had his way.

Marcus' speech glides under the radar. Nothing Rust wasn't already feeling out himself. You have to know when enough is enough.

S
    Spartan

Spartan takes a deep... long... breath, "Rust you are antagonizing him. And Rook is right, he is within his rite. You Two will settle this, Forge, One Week, I will have the cage ready. And it will NOT be to the death. We will settle this like honorable men, and then it will stop."

Spartan gives a nod to the Flame Warden, appreciating the Honor and respect, as well as the command, the man has. "Is that understood?" Spartan asks, his voice saying very simply that if it was not, then Spartan would solve it.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia watches silently, unsure exactly what to think of Rust's demeanor and Spartan's call for a Pledge almost exactly like the Freehold's own. She sends an apologetic look to Terri on behalf of her seasonal brothers, then waits until the dispute is settled for the time being.

K
    Kazakin

Rook gave Spartan a respectful nod and picked up his suit jacket, putting it back on. His lips were pressed into a thin line. Well, Rust could either accept the terms, show up and fight hand-to-hand, or he could back off and prove that he was as toothless as his previous dick-punching contest threats.

The Metalflesh knew the other Courtiers would probably think he was a jackass now. He wouldn't blame them for it. It wasn't their fault his tongue was a traitor to his private thoughts. And he knew too, that this guy had been their friend once, and that was fair. It wasn't as if there was anything he could do about it now. As much as his pride blazed at the insult of Rust's inability to show the slightest remorse, that wasn't the fault of the other Courtiers. He understood their perspective, he figured. It took a lot of effort, but he knew if a friend of his had suddenly changed, he'd be protective of them too.

He sat down, turning his sunglasses covered gaze to the fire.

"Understood. I already told you I'd follow you, Spartan,"
    Rook said simply. "I'll make your Pledge. And I'll pledge to the Freehold, as well."

The words felt like ash on his tongue, as if he was dooming himself by even saying that.

ST note: This scene will close on Tuesday 13th...

Juno gasped slightly, it was not a Feline thing to be squeezed senseless and Draconic toughness aside it was a good grip on the Prince of Joy's part. Still, everyone seemed to be happy within their immediate group and she wasn't going to complain about it. Besides, she was always willing to allow Al-Adin his expressive approach to fulfilling his Desire of showing others the way to happiness.

"The Empty Orchestra....this Maxine. I thought the place was off-limits; when were we allowed to go back? And is Maxine one of us? I don't know that name."

S
    Spartan

Spartan looks around the courtiers. "For those of you that take the oath with me. I ask you to accept new rolls in the Crimson Order."

Spartan first turns to Marcus, "Marcus, You have served the Court of Wrath with honor and distinction. Your voice and your presence are vital to the survival of our court and hold. You stare into the abyss and do not flinch. It is for that reason that I ask you to step aside as Constable. I ask you to be our Forayer, Tracker and Ranger. I ask of you, Marcus, to embrace the title of Hunter of the Longest Days. For you, my brother in crimson, there is no one more fitting then you to take this responisbility."

With Marcus' ascent Spartan turns to Rook, "Rook, you have shown me something that many have not seen, relentlessness in pursuit of what is right, justice. Rook I see in you the embodiment of protector and justice. Your name alone shows that you are the protector of what is most sacred. On a chess board, it is the king, in the hold, it is our lives. I ask you to take upon you the title of Constable of Calefaction. Pursue justice, and root out evil no matter the form."

With Rook's agreement he turns to the Red Victor, "Fu, The Stone Dog of Summer, he who has nearly given his life for the domain and Crimson Court. No longer are you the Red Victor. I ask more of you now then to be a Pinnacle. I ask you to be a sword, a hammer, I ask you to bring vengeance upon our enemies. Bloody, powerful, furious vengeance against any that the Hunter and Constable root out. You, if you wish it, is to be the Red Vanquisher for the Summer Court."

If Fu agrees Spartan continues.

"You three, Marcus, Rook and Fu. You represent the justice of our people, We will rely on you more now then ever to keep the peace, and remove the threats to the Freehold. You are our Crimson Legion."

Fu
    Fu

PRE

Fu's surprised....and it shows. The expression stays as he tries to figure out the difference between the two. After a long moment his expression goes back to normal stoic look.

Fu's given up on figuring out the difference. Instead he holds back a grin and nods to Spartan. "Alright."

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.