Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(1109) Eternal Summer

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

"You are welcome, King Spartan," Terri says with a smile, following behind the Summer Sovereign back towards the main gathering. "Go knock 'em dead."

As Spartan walks back, he feels somewhat uplifted by the experience, a confidence given from a better understanding of a new friend.

Terri activates Companion's Boon, giving Spartan a +3 dice to single dice roll in this scene

Sam Barkley

PRE

A diminutive figure sidles up to Rust and snickers at the deposed Sovereign...the only one who might get away with it. He pulls his shades down so his emerald eyes could say what his tongue would not allow. There is understanding there, and compassion, too, in the look of the one who has gone before. A flask is produced, filled to the brim, but only momentarily. Wiping the remnants of alcohol off his lips with his dirty sleeve, Barkley says simply, "Sucks, don't it?" Another guzzle, and the flask is held out to the Lion of Summer. "Ol' Sam suggests drink, an' much of it," he says, grinning.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin glomps his friend Juno is a massive hug. "JUNO! I haven't seen you in like forever! WHere have you been? Everything is great right?"
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

PRE

Fist coiled, Rust glares daggers at Barkley beside him from the corner of his eye.

He takes the offered alcohol before it is removed from his reach, takes a long drought, and passes it back.

S
    Spartan

Spartan returns from his conversation with Terri looking confident. "My People join me." Spartan says as he sits on his bedroll and looks into the fire.

"I asked for you all to meet me here, And I thank you for coming." Spartan says stirring the fire. "Places like this, is where my ancestors would meet before battle. We would gather around a fire, share stories, eat food and prepare for what comes." Spartan continued to stir at the fire, watching the flames dance as the light reflects off the people of Summer.

"That is why I have asked you all to come today. So that together we may prepare for what comes." Spartan took his sword out of the fire, its glowing red hot. "Too many people, in this hold and others, view the Summer Court as thugs and leg-breakers. Today, we will start to change that. I look around and I see people of honer and loyalty. I see people who stay with each other through blood, pain, death, and loss. I see a warrior, a hunter, a diplomat and many others." Spartan looks between his court.

"Today I ask all of you to swear an oath with me. An oath of loyalty, not to me, but to the hold and to each other. No more infighting, no more attacking each other. Summer, court of wrath, we are the tip of the spear, we are the wall that the waves of our enemies will break upon. Today an oath will be sworn” the Hoplite stands and stabs the Sword into the, it sticks straight up and the fire dances around it … So I ask you, will you swear it with me?”

Through this speech Spartan’s voice never faltered. It never raised to yell, it stayed strong and confident, but calm and serious. This is not a cry for war, or a call for blood, but a request for loyalty and strength. Spartan looks between the group standing there and waits for there reply.

Rallying squeak
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-08 00:56:14 Spartan rolls 11 to Pres3+Expression2+3 from Terri (10 Again, WillPower) 5, 3, 6, 6, 9, 7, 6, 5, 7, 5, 2 1 success

ST Edit: 3 Total Successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-08 04:22:03 ST for Spartan rolls 5 to +Mantle (10 Again) 4, 3, 6, 8, 9 2 successes

B
    Beej

"Group hug everyone!" Otto says with a stupid grin, throwing his arms Al-Adin and Juno in a big bear, or rather otter hug. "Come on Jack. Spring hug-out, get on in." he says to Jack with a wry smile and a wink.

"Man, sometimes I can be a real jack-ass" Otto thinks with a chuckle.

PRE

"I pledge every action I take will be to the support of the Freehold, It's Safety, It's Laws.

As sure as the coming morn will I obey the authority of the Summer Lord
    As pure as noon will be my Intention to the security of the Crowned King of the Freehold
    As sure as the coming night will I see the passage of every Court in it's proper time and Order.

The security of the Freehold Borders will be my chief concern
    The death of the Freehold's Enemies will be my chief pleasure
    May Summer stand vigilant always in strength and clarity of sight."

Rust glances about, daring Summer to put their money where their mouth is.

Rally Dare. Let's not opt out here.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-08 01:10:49 Rust rolls 9 to Supporting the King Per+Exp (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 9, 1, 2, 2, 2, 4, 6, 4 2 successes

ST Edit: No Change
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-08 04:23:42 ST for Rust rolls 4 to +Mantle (10 Again) 7, 6, 7, 3 failure

K
    Kazakin

Rook listened to Spartan's speech thoughtfully, watching the flames lick at the blade. It wasn't that he didn't support Spartan. No, it wasn't that at all. The fear of getting tied down tugged at him, at his thoughts. Because he was a damned brave man, but he was also a father, and the words he'd seen on that business card seem seared on the inside of his eyelids.

Resisting Flaw Failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-08 03:36:36 Rook rolls 6 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 2, 5, 1, 2, 3, 7 failure

"Rust, you look like a Goddamn idiot glowering back there as if you've got some right to talk of loyalty, when you betrayed every single member of your Court by demanding their blood," the Metalflesh said quietly, not even realising his tongue had moved, or that he'd spoken his gut reaction to the arrogant bitterness outloud. His sunglassed gaze didn't move from the flames as he mulled over his options. It was a moderately persuasive speech, after all.

Maybe it would be a good thing. He knew, deep beneath his pride, that he didn't want to get tied down because he feared having responsibility and having to make a choice between his family and a Freehold. Maybe he'd have been more comfortable if it hadn't been for the warning. He did like it here, though. He'd found Sacramento mostly comfortable, and he believed Spartan had the Court's interests at heart.

Marcus Evan

PRE

From his place across the fire, Marcus looks sharply at Rook before turning his attention back to his king. He meets Spartan's intense stare with his own steely gaze as he speaks.

"Alright. I, for one, didn't come here to rehash the mistakes of the past. I came to help build a strong foundation for the future of our Court... for our Freehold... for our lives. We've all seen what's out there... what's on the other side of the looking glass... and we've all had something taken from us that we can never get back. A friend of mine once told me that our Wrath comes from our need to protect what we love. I believed him when he told me that... and I still do. I'm with you, Spartan. You lead, mate. I'll follow."

Marcus couldn't convince a wet cat to come in out of the rain
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-08 04:21:01 Marcus rolls 11 to PRE+Persuasion+Mantle (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 4, 7, 2, 1, 5, 6 failure

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

I hear ya, lady. Me too. I've been busier than a..."

Unfortunately, Juno doesn't get to hear what Jack has been busier than, as first Al, then Otto entangle her in a decidely public display of affection. Not one to back down from a dare, the old soldier downs the rest of his drink, then shrugs before joining in on the group hug. Just for good measure, the good doctor makes exaggerated sounds of love and affection, and even goes so far as to give Otto a great big(and very loud), mock kiss right on his furry cheek.

"Mmmmmmmwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!"

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.