Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Scouting

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

The problem with trying to find information in the City of Angels is that the whole city has got so many mouths with all wanting to chat shit at exactly the same time. Add to that the general smell and Vinny was starting to get twitchy, sucking down more nicotine sticks than would viably be healthy for a man his age.

The fact he was a werewolf, however, seemed to push away any fears of lung cancer.

He plodded the streets not far from the house he'd rented for the pack sent from Sacramento to find out more about the Bad Muthafucker Spirit and a way of defeating it. Not venturing too far to begin with, listening to the city's million voices and trying to pick at anything resembling a howl.

All he seemed to get was a rumbling of his stomach.

"Fuck me, I'm hungry," he said out loud to those accompanying him. "I swear, once we're done, I'm ordering some Chinese. All in?"

Kevin Swift

PRE

"I wouldn't mind buying groceries. We do have a freeze downstairs don't we?" Kevin asks. "Besides, Chinese food isn't that filling, I swear, five minutes after eating it, I'm hungry again." The Itheaur says in way of a joke.

His noses flares a few times as he tries to catch a scent. Now would be a good time to have that Partial Change Gift. Heck, if one of use had Anybeast, they could take the appearance of a German Shepard or even a Golden Retriever. Kevin thinks to himself with a sigh.

"Well, nothing on this side, I should check out the other side. Hopefully that will speed things up." He says, he didn't do so before simply because he thought they'd come across some boundary markers or see some spirit hanging around a crowd of people, feeding off them.

Sight Beyond Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-01 21:49:58 Kevin Swift rolls 8 to Activating Two-World Eyes: Wits(3) + Occult(3) + Wisdom(2) (10 Again) 7, 3, 3, 9, 1, 7, 8, 1 2 successes

K
    Kazakin

Stefan closed his eyes and tried to concentrate on making small, internal changes. His nostrils flared as he sought out the new senses of the Wolf that he was too. He tried to make his hearing more sensitive, which he couldn't manage for a moment... and then it seemed to come as he screwed his face up in concentration.

He breathed in, trying to get used to the new smells and sounds of the city.

"Chinese food is fine," he mumbled. "I'm gonna see if I can pick anything up." He stuffed his hands in his pockets and started sniffing around, trying not to be too damn obvious about it.

Partial Changes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-02 14:32:24 Stefan Anderson rolls 4 to Stamina 3 + Survival 2 -1 (Retry) (10 Again) 6, 8, 4, 5 1 success
    2011-09-02 14:31:44 Stefan Anderson rolls 5 to Stamina 3 + Survival 2 (10 Again) 6, 6, 6, 4, 7 failure
    2011-09-02 14:31:19 Stefan Anderson rolls 5 to Stamina 3 + Survival 2 (10 Again) 8, 7, 2, 1, 1 1 success

L

Kevin's gaze is able to pierce the gauntlet that lies between the two worlds, peer into the spiritscape of the City of Angels. And it's immediately apparent that the spiritual reflection here is, perhaps, busier than any other he'd ever seen. As spirits of all manner of shapes, forms, sizes, and purposes bustle about in a complicated tapestry of interactions, intrigue, and even occasional violence. But he doesn't see anything that seems as though it would help them.

Stefan's luck is better, and worse. He soon concludes that it's a small miracle that the dogs who live here are able to put up with the smog and stench of the place without being driven insane. But he's also able to pick up on the scent of what is, all but unmistakably, a Tur Line.

K
    Kazakin

"I got it," the Cahalith said in a low voice, warily making sure no one could overhear him. "I can smell 'em. There's a Tur line here, I think I can guide us towards it." He looked hopefully in the direction he thought the line was leading. It was a fucking weird situation, trying to breathe without breathing in too much smog and filth.

But for the first time, he felt like he'd found something that he and he alone could do, something that no one else had been capable of. That alone was a good reason to feel proud of himself, right?

Maybe it's because you're different.

Oh, shut up!

"Awesome job, lead on and keep them there senses peeled, boys," Vinny said with an encouraging tone, hoping he was doing a good job as Alpha, to keep them both onside.

Kevin Swift

PRE

"The city's Shadow has a healthy number of spirits about this part. Seems rather busy though." Kevin says as he lets go of the gift, blinking a few times to adjust to seeing this side of things again.

"At least we haven't encountered a pack's boundary line." The Itheaur murmurs softly as he follows the others across the line into Tur. Wonder if there's a bar within the Tur? Maybe I should have used that upgrade to get a Blackberry...

K
    Kazakin

Stefan risked a little half-grin, keeping his hyper-sensitive ears and nose peeled for any signs of trouble. The young Cahalith pup felt out of his depth, more than a little. But by Hell, he was gonna do a good job here if it killed him.

Not the brightest thing to think there, Stefan.

Shut up.

I'm just saying.

Shut up.

You're talking to yourself.

Shhh!

Vinny simply nodded at Kevin's words, trusting the man's experience and sight; Vinny new where his own talents lay and never begrudged what others could do.

Unless it was to do with eating or fucking. Then there was trouble.

He followed behind Stefan, keeping an eye on the younger wolf. He really should have asked more about him, found out the simple things in his life.

When we get back tonight, over a beer and some takeout.

Kevin Swift

PRE

Kevin does his best to see any signs of wolves as they cross into the Tur. He's pretty much looking for anything, though it's likely he'll notice some kind of message board or even glyphs on the sides of buildings.

Looking for Signs of Uratha
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-04 20:15:53 Kevin Swift rolls 9 to Perception - Wits + Composure + Willpower (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 4, 1, 1, 2, 9, 8, 5, 9 4 successes

- 1 Willpower

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last