John walked in to Elysium with the copy of the Carthian meeting notice in hand. He had told Kat that he would deliver it personally, and that is what he intended to do. John truly hoped that Ariana was not letting her own political affiliations interfere with her duties as Harpy.

No John, don't think that, it was very likely just a phone problem, don't jump to conclusions.

John had called ahead so that she would be expecting him. Hopefully she would be there.

John walks up to the door pauses for a moment, and then Knocks.

Ariana had been in her office writing up a few things for work. She paused when there was a knock on the door. "Please come in." She said with a smile to be heard in her voice.

John put on a smile and opens the door,

"Good evening Harpy Donovan, I have a copy of the notice for the Carthian meeting that's coming up for you. I have signed and approved it as one of the members of the Carthian Movement in the city of Sacramento."

John puts the paper down on the Harpy's desk,

"It seemed that the last time we tried to do this, we were having some technical difficulties, so I took the liberty of bringing this to you personally."

Ariana walked back to her desk and held out her hand to the seats on the other side of it. "Do you have a moment for a discussion please, Mr. Mclean?" Smiling at looking to John.

John nods,

"Of course Harpy Donovan."

He takes a seat.

The way the Harpy had phrased the sentence did not sit well with him. This was not a "Chat" this was a "Discussion" something about that seemed a bit more serious.

Wait am I Intimidated of the Harpy? Well maybe I should. considering she is an elder, and a Ventrue, and an Invictus ,and she was pretty much my boss by Kindred standards and Mortal standards. so yeah, maybe I am, and I guess rightful so.

Ariana smiled as he sat down. "Thank you Mr. Mclean. I hope you are doing well. I had the privilege to speak with Miss Maskelyne before she left the Domain. I held Miss Maskelyne in very high regard as the former Prefect of the Carthian Movement and also as a member of our Domain. She left me information for the other members of the movement. I had contacted Mr. Leonard Pope who has scheduled a meeting for you all." Ariana said with a happy tone. "It is lovely to hear you all convene and reestablish the Movement in the Domain." She said as she looked at John with interest.

"Thank you Harpy that is a lot coming from you. I unfortunately have never met Mr. Pope, I look forward to meeting him."

John had heard something about Mr. Pope, but he was disappointment that He had not contacted John when the Prefect had left town and had to hear it through Katrina. Such a stand offish mentality when dealing with your covenant while it was suffering, did not give John any sort of good feelings. this would definitely have to be brought up at the meeting.

Ariana put up her finger in a gesture to make a point as she smiled. "Miss Maskelyne was very respected in the Domain. She was graceful and charming, accompanied by beautiful etiquette. Miss Maskelyne and I were of the like mind that respect must be earned and not given, you see." She said to John kindly.

Johns stomach twisted, God he hoped that Ariana was implying that the Prefect was a closet Invictus.

" I am inclined to agree with both of you, respect should not be given to those who have not proven that they are worthy of it. Pardon my directness, but are you Implying something Harpy Donovan?"

Ariana smiled and titled her head. "Mr. Mclean, what do you think I am implying?"

John continues to have a friendly expression,

"I'm not entirely sure Harpy Donovan, I do not want to assume anything, but it would appear that you are saying that the former Perfect was... closely associated with the First Estate."

Replying pleasantly, her tone still not changing. “That is not what I am implying at all. This has nothing to do with political views, but more to do with the lack of respect that both you and Miss Sherbotsky have shown me. Would either of you acted in such a manner toward Alder Prince Clarke or Herald Villiers?” Ariana looked at John’s eyes for a moment, hoping he would answer. “I may be of the First Estate, but as several can attest, I have never been discriminatory to any Clan or Covenant.” Her voice completely sincere.

“Mr. Mclean you asked to learn from me and I am trying to teach you. I know that you are eager. It seems that eagerness is being portrayed as rude and disrespectful. I have tried to tell you time and time again that it is not always what you say, but how you say it. Did I make a mistake by helping you when you first arrived in the Domain?” She said as she leaned in a little to her desk.

John drops his head some what shamefully, his inherent mistrust of elders and the Invcitus has gotten him into trouble.

"Once again I have failed you Harpy Donovan , and I must beg for your forgiveness. I should have put more trust in you. However, I have been learning Harpy Donovan, though it does seem that I am learning at a slower pace, and if you are still willing, I would like to learn more."

Pondering her thoughts while John spoke, Ariana replied. "Mr. Mclean, I will continue an observation of you and your actions. My advice to you is learn how to be successful by observing successful individuals. Try not to let history continue to repeat it self, Mr. Mclean."

Raising her brow and softly smiling. "Did you have any further questions or inquiries?"

John lifts his head and nods,

"No Harpy Donovan, thank you for your time and your counsel."

Ariana nodded to John and smiled. "Please enjoy the rest of your evening Mr. Mclean. I do hope that your Carthian Meeting goes well."